• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

You Know You're Obsessed When...

CodyMKW

Pro Squid
NNID
CodyMKW
Switch Friend Code
SW-2549-4631-6600
I play the game so much I lose track of time and I use an Annie or Squid Girl avatar on all forums,twitter,facebook,skype, and xat chats

Wrog

Senior Squid
*loads page*

Wow, this is the direction we are going to go?

Prove it.
It says they get full control then. Not that they have to be that age. They can be older.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
... I reached Level 20 in like 3 days and haven't put it down since I got it, got the Inkling Boy & Girl Amiibos (am looking for Squid, sure I'll find it soon), and actually joined a forum (this one) and started posting instead of just lurking like I always do.

If there was a death match I would LOVE SPLATOON SO MUCH

I'm only really good at getting kills :p
Same here. A deathmatch mode would certainly be interesting, yeah. Walleye feels like a deathmatch all the time, given how often I get splatted.
Seriously though, why isn't there a deathmatch of any kind? It seems like a logical thing to add, being like the polar opposite of Turf War (in that inking everything would be secondary to getting splats).

It says they get full control then. Not that they have to be that age. They can be older.
This is true. Callie and Marie look like they could be older, and I highly doubt Captain Cuttlefish is 14.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
Deathmatch might be a bit too direct and aggressive for Nintendo, I don't think they want this to be that type of game. Also, when you have a mechanic that literally turns you invisible for as long as you want, it'd be way too easy to get a lead and camp. Splat Zones already manages to make killing a central focus in order to complete the objective without having it literally be the objective, and I think that's a much better approach for a game like this.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
Deathmatch might be a bit too direct and aggressive for Nintendo, I don't think they want this to be that type of game. Also, when you have a mechanic that literally turns you invisible for as long as you want, it'd be way too easy to get a lead and camp. Splat Zones already manages to make killing a central focus in order to complete the objective without having it literally be the objective, and I think that's a much better approach for a game like this.
Ah, you're right. Between the ease of spawncamping on most stages (all except Saltspray and maybe Arowana, am I right?) and Splat Zones doing a good job of making splats feel more important, a deathmatch mode would be kinda unnecessary.
And yeah, Nintendo seems like they don't want this to be too kill-focused like that.

tokyodown

Full Squid
NNID
Tokyodown
Someone spilled some paint and instinctually tried to jump into it...

DID NOT END WELL

Kikaioh

Full Squid
I'll say something like "this next one will be the last match". And then I check the clock again and it's an hour later. :rolleyes:

Wrog

Senior Squid
True, but the best game mode ever would be Turf War on a completely flat map.
You can't even argue it'd be the stupidest thing ever and it would be amazing.

Marraphy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Marraph
I'm not even kidding, most of my dreams lately have just been me repeatedly inking things. I wish they would stop tbh

Alus

Senior Squid
NNID
starsauce
True, but the best game mode ever would be Turf War on a completely flat map.
You can't even argue it'd be the stupidest thing ever and it would be amazing.
Or at least on a really small map like the plaza or something. Something as far away from competitive as you can get. That no one should take seriously.

It's healthy to not be struggling all the time.

tokyodown

Full Squid
NNID
Tokyodown
I sweep floors at my work and that has now turned into a turf war match between me and my other coworker.

Superjustinbros

Pro Squid
NNID
AozoraJustin
I can't play Doom anymore without imagining the characters as Splatoon characters.
SplaDoom, anyone?

Alus

Senior Squid
NNID
starsauce
When you're wondering what the above post is doing playing doom instead of splatoon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom