• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Your feelings on Splatoon now the Testfire is over?

Fakevox

Senior Squid
I've been interested in Splatoon since it was announced, though I've never been foaming at the mouth for it like a lot of people. I'd rather avoid being burned by a game due to hype, which is part of my whole "no preordering" philosophy. I'm glad that I got a chance to try Splatoon out, since I wasn't going to drop 60 bucks on a game that I might get sick of after a few matches like Smash 4.

Now, having played in 2 of the 3 test sessions, I can safely say that I enjoy the game. I'm still not shocked and amazed by it like other people seem to be, but I could see it becoming my go-to online shooter for a long time. My biggest gripe with the game is that it's a shooter on a console, which means aiming is a frustrating ordeal 90 percent of the time.

I give it a solid I will buy this some time after The Witcher/10

Twilord

Senior Squid
NNID
Twilord
I've been interested in Splatoon since it was announced, though I've never been foaming at the mouth for it like a lot of people. I'd rather avoid being burned by a game due to hype, which is part of my whole "no preordering" philosophy. I'm glad that I got a chance to try Splatoon out, since I wasn't going to drop 60 bucks on a game that I might get sick of after a few matches like Smash 4.

Now, having played in 2 of the 3 test sessions, I can safely say that I enjoy the game. I'm still not shocked and amazed by it like other people seem to be, but I could see it becoming my go-to online shooter for a long time. My biggest gripe with the game is that it's a shooter on a console, which means aiming is a frustrating ordeal 90 percent of the time.

I give it a solid I will buy this some time after The Witcher/10
Your grading system reminds me of Projared of Youtube.

suavevillain

Inkling Cadet
I want the game day one but at the same time i wanna play with friends more than anything and that doesn't happen until august.

Ionasal

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Otokonohime
I don't need it.......I don't need it.......I don't need it.......I don't need it.......I NEED IT!!!!!!!

Gunster25

Pro Squid
I think that there will be some more demo times In the next few weeks, there Is a much too big a gap between now and the release date where the hype and pre-orders will die down a little bit. I personally think they're going to do 2 demo sessions on the 16th and 2 demo sessions on the 23rd to bridge the gap but that''s just my opinion which Is very unlikely.

zmop

Inkling Cadet
NNID
zorgmop
I think that there will be some more demo times In the next few weeks, there Is a much too big a gap between now and the release date where the hype and pre-orders will die down a little bit. I personally think they're going to do 2 demo sessions on the 16th and 2 demo sessions on the 23rd to bridge the gap but that''s just my opinion which Is very unlikely.
they won't be doing anything on the 16th, they will be in santa monica, los angeles on the 17th promoting splatoon on the pier.

Gunster25

Pro Squid
they won't be doing anything on the 16th, they will be in santa monica, los angeles on the 17th promoting splatoon on the pier.
Oh yeah I forgot about that, there aren't going to be any more demo times after all then xD

Binks

Inkling
NNID
binkssake
I was nervous at first since im usually not good at shooter games but once i started playing it just felt very natural to me, it was great fun

Protox

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ProtoxFox
I enjoyed it and knowing it didn't have anywhere near the full features, it only creates more hype for me for when it actually releases which happens to be the day i'm on Summer Break:cool:

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone
Me all day (connection errors):

That said, I can't explain how happy I am to see the game so well-received. I've been believing in it since day one, and I am so glad that it's set to be the critical (and hopefully commercial) success it deserves. It's a big step for Nintendo games, and a real testament to what the power of a little innovation and imagination can do. Let's get inked.

SpecialtySake

Pro Squid
Me all day (connection errors):

That said, I can't explain how happy I am to see the game so well-received. I've been believing in it since day one, and I am so glad that it's set to be the critical (and hopefully commercial) success it deserves. It's a big step for Nintendo games, and a real testament to what the power of a little innovation and imagination can do. Let's get inked.
I died just now.. and the fact that he's a squid makes it even funnier!!

Niliks

Pro Squid
NNID
Niliks
Day one of 20. The wait has gotten more difficult now. It is becoming hard to keep myself occupied during down times. The remaining dilemma I face is not helping...Download...or Disc...

Lefty

Nice la~
It was as fun as it looked. Glad they had options to change the sensitivity of the camera and turn motion controls off in the demo. Wish we had more time though, the hours werent suitable enough for me to play for more than like 15 minutes.

Infinity343018

Senior Squid
At first I was like, I can't wait for May 29th!

Now......

Is it May 29th yet? Is it?! IS IT!!!!????!!!???!! TELLLLLL MEEE ITSSS MAAAYYYYY 29THHHHHH!!!!!!!

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
it made me want the game even worse, but for some reason it's weirdly a somber desire now

like splatoon stopped being a game and started being a goal to me somewhere down the line. like it was just a constant countdown until may 29th, and then something magical would happen. but playing it reinforced in my mind that it's a game - i'll actually be playing it soon! it makes me feel more patient, for some reason. i dunno.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom