• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Your Ideal Weapon/Sub/Special combo?

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Stingray luna-blaster/carbon-roller
-Disruptor
-kraken

Snakehead Dynamo roller -or- Dynamo roller 288
-disruptor
-bubbler

Garden L3 nozzlenose
-sprinkler
-inkzooka

Any mid/long range weapon with
-splash wall
-bubbler

but we already have that last one so ;P

D

Deleted Member

Just as the title says, what is your perfect weapon setup?

Wish there was a combination there isn't? Post it here!
Already exists? Post it here too!

My perfect weapon would be the splatterscope with the squid beacon and echolocation. If only~ <3
My dream combo would be The Refurbished Mini Splatling, but instead of Burst Bomb Rush Echolocator. The Burst Bomb Rush fits my playstyle very well though so I can't complain I guess lol

Amarae

Splatoon subreddit & discord Mod
Community Ambassador
NNID
Amiithystine
Switch Friend Code
SW-5344-8655-6309
A Heavy Splatling with Beakons. Literally doesn't matter what the special is, just give me Beakons.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
A Jet Squelcher with Burst Bombs and the Bubbler, because my playstyle isn't irritating enough already :P

Amarae

Community Ambassador
NNID
Amiithystine
Switch Friend Code
SW-5344-8655-6309
Custom Jet has Burst Bombs and Kraken, that's pretty close.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Custom Jet has Burst Bombs and Kraken, that's pretty close.
Kraken is mighty but short-range. I want to be able to get into a duel with a charger and drive them nuts by turning invincible at a crucial moment so they can't shoot me but I can shoot them :P

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Woulda loved if the vanilla Slosher had Echolocater or Bubbler or Bomb Rush instead of Inkstrike. Already has my ideal sub in Burst Bombs so it just needs a better special. Thankfully Splatoon 2 is only using new specials so the vanilla Slosher will atleast be held back by the Inkstrike no more. If it keeps it's Burst Bombs and the new special it gets is good then that could very well be my ideal weapon!

sammich

Inkling Cadet
a squiffer with splat bombs and... idk, echo locator? more than anything i just want a bomb that can both flush people out and also explode fast enough to work as an escape.

Amarae

Community Ambassador
NNID
Amiithystine
Switch Friend Code
SW-5344-8655-6309
a squiffer with splat bombs and... idk, echo locator? more than anything i just want a bomb that can both flush people out and also explode fast enough to work as an escape.
I think that's pretty much the Bamboozler MKIII, I don't see the squiffer getting that because the two would be so similar in function by that point and honestly the Bamboozler would be the better of the two.

sammich

Inkling Cadet
I think that's pretty much the Bamboozler MKIII, I don't see the squiffer getting that because the two would be so similar in function by that point and honestly the Bamboozler would be the better of the two.
but the MK III is burst bombs and inkstrike?

the difference for me is that burst bombs are mobility and making the difference with damage to score clean 2HKOs where splat bombs on a squiffer would mostly be a way of forcing traffic (get those tricky players out of those spots the squiffer can't do anything about) and a covered escape (which burst bombs can't do since they don't stick around). i guess i'm mostly just mad that suction bombs take so long to explode (with such high ink consumption) and the gimmick of sneaky splats through good placement is not really all that important on the squiffer (that already excels at sneaky shots out of nowhere).

i guess it would be similar in function to the MK III? but the bamboozler always seems more like a fortress who travels with the group whereas on squiffer i tend to be moving around on my own (often close to but separated from my allies) to get my enemy at odd angles.

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Aw geeze your post made me realize how much I'd use a splattershot pro with burst bombs and echo xP
I want it almost more than I want a disruptor bubbler dynamo roller.

Kidnacho

Senior Squid
NNID
Kidnacho
Switch Friend Code
SW-3767-4369-9288
If no one's said it, something that might be broken but I'd like is a standard or carbon roller with seekers/burst bomb and kraken.

Glimster

Inkster Jr.
NNID
HOPE_Glimmer
A sloshing machine with burst bombs would be great as you'd be able to burst cancel instead of just getting two hits with the sloshing machine itself. For the special I'd pick the echolocator as if you have bomb range up and the echo is up you can just try sniping with your burst bombs. Would be the perfect combination for my usual playstyle.

vanille987

Inkling Cadet
NNID
777SAS777
a slosher (not tri) with disruptors/seekers, and then echo-locator/kraken special would be my cup of tea.
an slosher with suction bombs would also be fun.
least invention, an splattershot pro with burst bombs and bubler special.

now i'm wondering if one of the suggestions in this thread will make it in splatoon 2...

Mikaya

Certified Nerd
Premium
Pronouns
She/Her
Switch Friend Code
SW-4841-8448-2209
~A .52 Gal with Suction bomb and Suction bomb rush
~A Splattershot with seeker sub and Kraken
~A Tri-slosher with splat bomb and splat bomb rush
~A Luna Blaster with disruptor and Inkstrike
~A Splattershot pro with Sprinker and Killer Wail