• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Your personal thoughts on motion controls in Splatoon

novel

Inkster Jr.
tried motion controls several times, cant play with that thing
im in S rank (charger and squelcher) so , yeah , play with whatever suits you best.

Tyrfing

Senior Squid
Edit: Damn wrong thread.

I love motion controls though : x
They feel more natural to me, especially when using long range weapons.

I guess it is a matter of personal preference though.

Nuddlmaus

Pro Squid
NNID
Nuddlmaus
After playing Splatoon over 100 hours i did play some Titanfall again and can't hit anyone anymore... motion controls are the best thing since humans making fire.

If Splatoon 2 doesn't have motion controls i probably will go insane and siege Nintendos HQ. (or cry under a bridge...)

HumanBean

Inkster Jr.
NNID
HappyHumanBean
Are there any known pros who use stick? I see Novel said he is rank S. I turned on the motion controls last night (currently level 22 using stick) and I got used to it quickly, but I noticed sometimes in frantic situations I couldnt get the aimer to go the right way, and I was limited by the motion controls. I guess it does take practice... but if you can be a pro using stick, I may just consider sticking with it. *pun not intended!

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
Are there any known pros who use stick? I see Novel said he is rank S. I turned on the motion controls last night (currently level 22 using stick) and I got used to it quickly, but I noticed sometimes in frantic situations I couldnt get the aimer to go the right way, and I was limited by the motion controls. I guess it does take practice... but if you can be a pro using stick, I may just consider sticking with it. *pun not intended!
I'm S+ and use sticks.

Nuddlmaus

Pro Squid
NNID
Nuddlmaus
BTW, as old Unreal Tournament Fangirl, am i the only one who is surprised about the discussion itself?

Because aiming is important, sure, but movement is atleast on par with the importance of aiming, like in Quake or UT.

You can compensate some aiming issues with good movement in splatoon, in my eyes motion controls on or off is more the icing on the cake.

Friendan

Pro Squid
NNID
xdbrendanxd
Because aiming is important, sure, but movement is atleast on par with the importance of aiming, like in Quake or UT.
People started obsessing over aim recently because most modern games make you move extremely slow compared to UT and Quake, meaning movement isn't as important, and because most weapons are hitscan rather than projectiles now (or just fast projectiles), making dodging much less useful. I'm mostly looking at Counter Strike, where you actually have to stop moving in order to aim properly, otherwise it's RNG and praying.

Anyways, I used to use the sticks. I switched over to motion controls a bit ago, but I still barely use them, and mostly use the joystick for aiming.

novel

Inkster Jr.
Ok good to know! However, you are a roller and that does not require much motion control. Do you know of any with guns?
there are plenty of people in S+ who plays with sticks and use any weapon :D . it really is a matter of preference and comfort .

objectively the motion controls are more precise on a 1v1 fight situation, but there are more situations other than fight in the game where i find sticks movement more comfortably.
you can be really good at sticks, try the tentatek splattershot.
remember you have lots of options regarding the sensitivity .

Ars Nova

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
creed32
Switch Friend Code
SW-5634-9921-9888
there are plenty of people in S+ who plays with sticks and use any weapon :D . it really is a matter of preference and comfort .

objectively the motion controls are more precise on a 1v1 fight situation, but there are more situations other than fight in the game where i find sticks movement more comfortably.
you can be really good at sticks, try the tentatek splattershot.
remember you have lots of options regarding the sensitivity .
I think a lot of people tend to forget that there are options with the sensitivity.

superhiero

Inkster Jr.
NNID
eRonin
I'm probably one of the few people here who didn't play a lot of console shooters in the last generation, owning only a PC and Wii. I absolutely cannot get the hang of twin-stick and heavily rely on aim-assist when it is available, usually when I visit a friend to play Halo or CoD. So when the test fire came along, I played with motion controls on and have never even thought about turning them off. I enjoy Wii shooters like Red Steel 2, Metroid Prime 3 and Resident Evil 4, which was only playable to me because of the pointer aiming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom