• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Zapfish Academy: A Casual RP!

Rustic

Inkling Commander
@Zawlt @Coerulus @Zerul @TACarbuncle @MacSmitty @JoJoTheSalty
(( And there we go, full sails ahead once more. Hopefully with as little derailments as possible, although this is a bit earlier than midnight at least for me, you guys can have at it now. ))

A couple of days after the disastrous trip to Octo Valley, the students were finishing their studies at the end of Mr. Porta's class when an announcement from the intercom interrupted them.

"Excuse the interruption, everybody. But we would like to announce the Sahagin Cup, hosted by our very own couch--er... coach Forge! He is offering incredible rewards to the teams that win first, second, and third places! Gee, I wonder which one is a gift card!"

"You're banned."

"Oh... Well, the tournament's tryouts will happen in a week's time from now. Until then, practice well and good luck to all that... participate in it." The timid announcer ended, turning off the intercom with a click.

Mr. Porta looked up from his desk, putting down the book he was reading. "Well now, that's certainly a surprise from him. I thought he was banned for life after his previous tournament had a terrible accident?" The teacher said, rubbing his head thoughtfully. Before he turned to the students, glancing at the clock at the back of the classroom. It was about ten minutes to dismissal, and they were already buzzing with excitement, whether it was from the fact they get to leave soon or from the announcement.

Terence thoughtfully scratched the back of his head, thinking about what the rewards were from the tournament. Given Forge's past as a previously-accomplished host for his Iron Kraken tournament, he practically gave off a pleasant glow as he thought about winning the tourney with his team. Something that he had never done before, as he was never entered into anything as a team.

He glanced backward to the clock behind him, before swapping his attention to the window. It was cloudy and light flurries blustered around the recently snowed-over city. Terence was day-dreaming as he looked outside when Mr. Porta clapped his hands rhythmically and asked the class a question.

"So, have any of you thought about who you want in your team? This may be an early question, but still I wonder." The Jellyfish asked everyone, now that the buzz in the classroom abated as they thought. "Surely some of you have an idea on the team you're going to form, yes?"

"Yep! I'm gonna go get..." Terence replied quickly, trailing off as he paused to think and he realized that he had no idea who he was gonna team up with. "...I dunno." The giant Inkling shrugged, thinking deeply.

Last edited:

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
Viola was sketching in her notebook when the announcement went out. Her eyes widened at the sound. More fighting, so soon after what happened in Octovalley? Seemed odd, but she shrugged it off. "Well, a tournament sounds like fun, but I don't know how good I'd be at it." She said, thinking about her tendency to freeze up during Ranked matches.

Joasa

Depressed Squid
Jojo sat in the back of the classroom playing with her bracelet. She had never been a fan of battles, despite reaching A+ a few weeks ago. Generally, most matches ended with her in an argument with someone on the other team who had a cheap move. But even so, she was the new kid. Nobody wanted to be with the new kid. Already, on her first day she had dropped all her books in the middle of the hallway and walked into the wrong classroom twice before finding the right one. She also wondered what Mr. Porta meant by ‘he was banned for life’. Maybe this was something she didn't want to get involved in after all.

Zawlt

Full Squid
NNID
Gunoy6
Zawlt listened to the announcement of this so called tournament Forge was hosting. Though he did neglect to give sufficient information about what it was about and the rules of it. He wasn't sure if he wanted to compete in it or even bother going to it. Especially with his mind still recovering from their disaster of a field trip long ago. His attention then shifted to his teacher, "Hard to say really," Zawlt said to Mr. Porta, " they didn't really give any viable info to go on to prepare for it." He then stretched out his arms and legs and let out a yawn. He wasn't tired, but it was an effect cold air had on him at times.

@Rustic @Zerul @MacSmitty @Coerulus @TACarbuncle @JoJoTheSalty

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
Lucas had been drafting a script of a new voice over project that he and Andrew were going to work on when the announcement went off.

"A Tournament..." He muttered.

Looking around in the classroom, he wasn't exactly sure who he should bring as a partner. He didn't knew much of the others playstyles in order to make a proper decision. There was Coerulus, a person who he had played with before, then there was the new girl who he could make a gamble with, but she seemed rather aloof. Though one thing that Porta said had made his ear twitch. "
Banned? What did he do?" He asked, refering to Forge.
@Rustic @Zawlt @Coerulus @JoJoTheSalty @TACarbuncle @Zerul

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Zerul sighs. "A Tournament....Would i even be allowed? being an Octarain and all."

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
Viola nudged Zerul to get his attention. "Of course you will. You're a student, aren't you?" She said with a smile.

@Zerul

Joasa

Depressed Squid
The clock inched nearer and nearer to dismissal time. Jojo decided to get a kick start on her homework, although there wasn't much, just a few "About Me" sheets for contact information. She decided not to bother telling anyone that she lived on a farm. They would probably assume she didn't even have a landline, despite her having her own phone, computer, and perfectly functional WiFi. Plus, she had a lot of chores. With the snowfall coming in, she knew she would have to defrost the irrigation system.

Even more so, everyone here knew everyone. She was joining mid-year. There was no place for an awkward farm squid like her in the school hierarchy.

Coerulus

Inkling
NNID
WolfEren1827
He hummed a bit, quite adrift before the static of the announcement woke him up a little more. His work was done obviously and now it was just about waiting for the bell. But when the announcement came on, it made him think. A tournament? Although much wasn't there in terms of details, it did catch a bit of his interest even after the events prior in Octo Valley. And forming teams...that would be the tricky part as he looked around the classroom a bit to contemplate who was interested and who would want to partner up with him. It was a sure given that Lucas would probably ask...but who else depending on the team count...

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
Overhearing Zerul and Viola's concerns about Zerul being able to participate in this Tournament, Lucas responds, "Does the respawn technology support Octoling splattings?"
@Zerul @TACarbuncle

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Zerul looks at Lucas then at Viola. "How do they work for you?"

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
"Um.... Well..... You register to them, and I guess there's some kind of DNA thing? I don't really understand the details." Viola said, trying to think about it. She never actually looked into it herself. She just, kind of, accepted it.

@Zerul @MacSmitty

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
"Yeah. When you register your DNA into the machine, it'll properly identify you as a player and temporarily change your Ink color for the match." Lucas comments, piggybacking off of Viola's explanation. "Thing is, Octorians have excluded from our society so long I don't even know if the respawn will respond properly to Octorian DNA." Lucas says while looking at his hand as if trying to see the DNA from his hand.

"
Uh... how about you ask Mr. Porta?" Lucas asks Zerul.
@TACarbuncle @Zerul

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Zerul sighs. "i think it would be better to just do a test match to see if it works. Worse comes to worse im going to be hurt very badly."

@TACarbuncle

@MacSmitty

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
"Eh? But if you might get hurt, then shouldn't we ask around more and get a clearer idea of what we'd be getting ourselves into?" Viola suggested, not liking the sound of the risk.

@Zerul @MacSmitty

Zawlt

Full Squid
NNID
Gunoy6
Zawlt was merely relaxing as the three were speaking about octoling respawning. If it weren't for the fact that he was doing Turf War with Xexe yesterday he would be just as worried as those three were. It seemed however that they wanted to find out on their own so Zawlt just considered it none of his business as he watched the clock etch ever closer to the dismissal time.

Rustic

Inkling Commander
@Zerul @Zawlt @TACarbuncle @MacSmitty @JoJoTheSalty @Devack @Coerulus

Mr. Porta, having accidentally dozed off, suddenly came to when he noticed the time on the clock in the back of the class. "Oh my! It's three-oh-three! You can leave now, everyone. Get a headstart to your lockers!" He said, hastily dismissing them as the Jellyfish stood up, waving a goodbye to them.

Terence was the first up from his seat, practically launching out of the classroom as he went to his locker. Which, despite his excitement, was literally just outside the classroom as were most of his classmates. After that, he paused to think on he needed to do that night. Which were a couple of assignments. After remembering them, he pulled out two textbooks from his locker, one biology and the other chemistry and put them into his bag, zipping up his bag before closing his locker. He left quickly to the bus station on the side of the school, and waited for his bus to arrive.

Now, as some more athletic students knew already, Forge didn't go home immediately. Instead, he goes into the Phys Ed office outside the gym to get his health lesson ready for the next day, if any students worth their Rank wanted in on the Tourney or wanted to know more about it, they would go there. And the buses home wouldn't come until around thirty minutes later, that is if certain buses felt like coming early. If anyone wanted to know more right now, they'd have to ask him there.

(( I'll switch to the next part at around 12 AM EST. Unless everyone immediately goes home, then it may be earlier. Also, I'm venting steam about my bus from school. She has an odd fascination about coming 45 minutes later... ))

Devack

Inkling
NNID
LeagueofDevack
After classes ended, Sil arose from his seat, where he'd been sitting quietly reading his notes, and walked to his locker. The news of a tournament had perked his interest. It would be good for him to get competitive again. After he pulled the books he would need for that night's homework from his locker, and put them into his backpack, he began walking towards the Phys Ed office, hoping to get more information from Coach Forge about the tournament.

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
At the sound of the bell ringing, Lucas quickly got out of his seat.

"Well, I'm sure everything is gonna be fine Zerul." Lucas states while putting his stuff away. "I'm gonna go see whats up about that Tournament." And with that, he left the classroom.

As Lucas went to his locker, he ran up with his brother Andrew and they began to have a discussion about the Tournament.

"
You're planning on doing that Tournament after what happened in Octo Valley?" Andrew asks incredulously.

"
Of course. The tournament could give some sense of what I'll face in the higher ranks, and it'll help close the gap between me and you in regards to Rank and skill." Lucas replies, taking out some supplies he needed to do for his homework tonight.

The light green Inkling boy sighed. Ever since his twin brother went through the final stage of Inkling development, he had developed some sort of Blood Knight tendencies in regards to Turf Wars. While it didn't distract Lucas from much, it was still there.

"
Well... whatever. I'll be waiting for you by the train station alright?" Andrew said while affectionally patting his head.

"
Yeah, I'll be seeing ya." Lucas responded while walking off to find Forge.

@Rustic @TACarbuncle @Zerul

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Zerul sighs unsure what to do. He gets this things together and heads down to the office to claim his power armor back. "Forge dropping a new rule on me like that without giving me enough fowarning. Would like to see him run 1000 laps around inkopolis" It was clear Zerul wasn't happy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom