• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Zapfish Academy: A Casual RP!

Rustic

Inkling Commander
@MacSmitty @Zerul @Devack
(( I wonder if I announced where the gym was before? Ah well, I'm not going back 40 or so pages to find it. ))

The three students walked to the Phys Ed office together, walking past the traffic of the halls towards the gym's area. Which was located on the first floor in the west wing, across from it there was a small door with a window above the door handle. Inside, Forge sat down in his desk. He had his glasses on as he went through the papers on his desk, likely health assignments from a variety of students.

He hadn't noticed any of them yet, but it didn't seem like Zerul's suit of armor was there in the room with him. There was a sturdy-looking door to his left though, and it had a large amount of locks on it and a padlock on it. So if it was in there, then it definitely wouldn't be getting stolen by some troublesome student anytime soon.

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
"H-Hey! Wait up Zerul!" Viola said, quickly gathering up her books and bag before chasing after her friend. As she ran, she kept thinking about whether or not she should enter the tournament. "Maybe if someone needs a fourth...." She whispered, trying to reason with herself.

@Zerul

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Zerul waits for Viola when she asked for him to wait up. "Calm down im not going too far i need to stop by forge's office first" They walked to the west wing where they see Forge in his office. Zerul walks up and knocks on the door. "Forge. I'm here to get back my power armor."

@TACarbuncle
@Rustic

Zawlt

Full Squid
NNID
Gunoy6
Meanwhile...

Zawlt was currently at his locker sorting through his text and notebooks. After he closed his locker he saw a new student that he knew fairly well with a huge smile on her face, "Oh, heya, Xexe," Zawlt said to her strapping his backpack to his back, "Hiya, Gunoy!" she said happily. The two were then would be seen casually walking down the hall, "I honestly don't know if I even want to join his tournament," Zawlt said, "Well, I plan on joining whatever it's gonna be like," Xexe said, "and since there's teams.....Gunoy?" she asked. Zawlt just let out a sigh to her question, "Well, I guess we'd better go see the coach to find out more then," he said. Xexe just giggled as she randomly hugged him for a few seconds, "You're the best, Gunoy!" she said letting go. By this time Xexe hugged him so much that he's gotten used to it, being less fazed than he normally would be.

After a couple minutes of walking they eventually made it to Forge's office. They noticed several other students there as well most likely there for the same reason Zawlt and Xexe were there, "Oh, heya guys! Wantin' to find out about the tourney too?" Xexe said running up to Viola, Zerul, and Lucas.

@TACarbuncle @Zerul @MacSmitty

Last edited:

Devack

Inkling
NNID
LeagueofDevack
Sil had walked with the others in silence, eventually reaching the office. Once they did so, he decided to let the Octarian finish his business with Forge before he would ask his questions about the tournament.

Joasa

Depressed Squid
The bell rang and Jojo packed away her papers and left. She noticed a small group of students walking somewhere while talking about the tournament and debated whether or not to follow them, but in all honesty, there was no way she was going to get a team, let alone did she even want to participate. Unless a team fell out of the blue and the prize was actually worthwhile, she didn't care. She went out to the parking lot to look for her brother, who came to pick her up since none of the bus routes went near where she lived.

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
"Oh. Alright" Viola said, looking inside the office before looking to Xexe when she called out. "Oh. Not really. I don't know if I'm going to join. I mean, if someone needs a spot filled, I guess I could try..." She said, scratching the back of her head.

@Zerul @Zawlt

Rustic

Inkling Commander
@Zerul

"Alright, you're early, Zerul." Forge stood up from his desk and moved over to the locked closet, unlocking all the locks on it before opening it. Inside was Zerul's suit of armor and a box covered with a small cloth, barely touching the bottom of the container. "It's all yours, Zerul."

@Devack @Zawlt @TACarbuncle

Forge turned his attention over to the small crowd that had gathered outside of his office, let in by Zerul and his understandable need to get his armor. He sat back down in his desk and looked at them. "Well? What is it?" Forge asked.

Devack

Inkling
NNID
LeagueofDevack
@Rustic

"Well, sir, I was wondering if you had any additional information about the tournament. Namely, any rules, team requirements and the like, in case they differ from most other tournaments." Sil asked.

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
"I'm just here to register for the tournament." Lucas says while fumbling with his bookbag. "Or do I have to wait till tomorrow to do that?"
@Rustic

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Zerul walks in and puts on his armor before walking out. "Forge next time tell me not to bring the armor before i end up at school."

@Rustic

Last edited:

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
"Um....I'm not here for any specific reason, Sir. Just wanted to help Zerul, if he needed me for some reason." Viola said, backing off a bit to let everyone else talk with the coach.

@Rustic

Rustic

Inkling Commander
@TACarbuncle @Devack @MacSmitty

Going through each of their questions one at a time, Forge ignored Zerul's comment for now and looked at his desk. "I'm sure I have a few papers here in my desk right now for registration." He pulled out a cabinet and rooted around in it, shuffling the papers already in it before closing it. Forge looked at the group in front of him, "Okay... So I'll have to print out more for you guys. But for right now, I'll say it's just a standard format tournament. You get four people together, you do some tryouts then after lots of matches, you get pitted against whatever team reaches that point until you're the last one left." He shrugged lightly, "they wouldn't let me use the old way back in the Iron Kraken."

"I can see the looks on your faces that you don't know how I did it back then." Forge glanced around at the group, stopping for a moment at Sil as he had asked for more information. Their faces spoke for themselves, as they all gave him a clueless look when he mentioned how it was then. "Back then, it was basically you play and you can do it by yourself too, you get higher and higher. Eventually, I gathered the top teams, because most of those lone wolves got weeded out, and put them against each other. I think one of them got all angry and... I'd rather not say." He said, trailing off as his expression darkened.

Forge let out a long sigh, leaning back in his creaky chair. "Is that good enough for you? Ah. I'm forgetting the rewards for the tournament..."

He sat back up, his expression becoming the polar opposite of what it was a minute ago, almost happily he started talking before anyone could've stopped him. "There are around... four awards in the tournament. Three of which are for the top three teams, while the fourth is a consolation prize. These will go to each team member. The consolation prize is basically... two-hundred thousand coins that can be spent at the Booyah Base and... that new one near it, I forgot what it's name was. The third place prize is a non-functional Splattershot. You guys could, technically, get it to work. But that's up to you."

"Second place is a custom weapon of your own choice with an Iron Kraken design to it. But, keep in mind in case you really like Sloshers. I will not give you a bucket in the shape of a Kraken, too many pointed edges which caused a lot of injuries when I tested it by myself." Forge shuffled in his seat uncomfortably. "The weapon is actually silver, and it ain't paint." He added. "First place is a set of golden weapons that can be chosen to use, Paintbrush, Roller, Charger, you name it and I got a golden version of it with a unique design to it. But like I said before, no Slosher because I told you already." He laughed lightly, finishing up with the prizes.

"That's about it, you need four team members to register with you and I need consent from all four in person and then you're set. Oh, and definitely nothing inappropriate when it comes to naming your team." Forge told them, smiling.

@Zerul

"Oh but, uh, Zerul." He called out, "the reason I'm not letting you wear that is because it's a safety thing. I know you can handle yourself against any troublemakers, but in that, you're actually liable to cause severe injuries. The board didn't want that risk, so they don't want you to wear it." Forge shrugged lightly, telling him about why he wouldn't be able to wear it. "Plus, I would've told you earlier, but I don't have a mailing address nor do I have a email address. It's simply blank under your name." He added, putting on his glasses once more, he looked at them. "Any more questions or can I get back to work?"

(( Oh! When'd this wall get here? ))

Devack

Inkling
NNID
LeagueofDevack
"Guess the only question now is who I'm going to team with. Thanks for the information, sir." Sil said, before starting to walk out of the room. In the back of his mind, he began wondering who would be willing to team up with him, since he hadn't had much of a chance to form any connections with others at the school yet.

Zawlt

Full Squid
NNID
Gunoy6
Zawlt and Xexe listened in on what Forge was saying in regards to the tournament. "Well, I did have a couple, but you just answered them all so I'm fine," Zawlt said as he proceeded to walk out of his office with Xexe tailing behind. "Well, we got the info we need," Zawlt said, "now we just need to find two more for our squad." From what they remember the actual tryouts are next week meaning they had enough time to hopefully find two more to join them....IF it were that simple. Xexe hasn't made any other friends yet, but then again she officially started at the academy on this very day. As for Zawlt, he never was a social butterfly despite the constant notes he finds in his belongings. At present Zawlt and Xexe were leaving the school to wait on their ride back home.

@Rustic

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
Lucas merely sweatdropped at his Octoling classmates attitude. Why even carry that armor around? Its not like he's in any danger of getting jumped or something...

Turning to the Forge the light blue Brooklyn nodded. "I've got all I need. Well, except for team members, but I'll burn that bridge eventually. Later." He says, exiting the office.

Meeting up Andrew outside the school building, the two brothers head home to Moray Towers while discussing about various topics regarding new prank material, voice overs, and Turf Wars.

@Rustic

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
Viola looked around at the others, as she was still rather indecisive at the moment. "Hmmm...." She said, moving down the hall a bit and leaning against the wall.

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Zerul huffs and walks out of the office unsure if he should even sign up considering it was hard to tell if he could be safe or not. He sees Viola and stops. "You ok?"

@Rustic
@TACarbuncle

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
Viola quickly snapped out of her thoughts upon being spoken to. "Oh! Yeah, I'm fine. Just thinking about the tournament, that's all." She said, standing back up. "You done with the coach?" She asked, looking at his gear.

@Zerul

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Zerul nods. "Yes i am. Though you sure your ok? You were kinda in space there" He was just teasing her at that point but it was all in good fun. "Anywho. Feel like doing something after school?"
@TACarbuncle

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom