• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Zapfish Academy: Trip to Octo Valley! ( IC Thread)

Rustic

Inkling Commander
(( Well, this is the final post full-GM post prior to exiting Octo Valley. Then we will move on to the next scene. Which might involve MacSmitty's, as I believe he's been working on the intricacies of his idea. If not, then we'll simply move on as I scheduled it to go, possibly implementing his idea if he finishes it. Again, if anyone has any ideas shoot them at me. Chances are they'll be accepted, albeit after rigorous examination of all possibilities. As writing everyone out of this scene is akin to being a group of adults negotiating a group of kids out of a hard place, and I'd rather not a repeat of this debacle. ))
@Zawlt @Coerulus @Zerul

After putting Gunoy on the ground, Forge merely "hmmph'd" in response to Viola's interjection and waited with them in the elevator. Mr. Porta blurbled as if he was sighing and left. The Jellyfish realizing that he was at fault for it, however he knew that it didn't make any sense as to why they would attack the group, instead of singling out Zerul. Well, at least he didn't just 'disappear', the elderly Jellyfish thought putting his hand on what was probably his chin. As dealing with a suddenly disappearing student might have been more troublesome than dealing with an open attack, given the students' experience in battling.

Soon after all the students had boarded the elevator, Aria tapped a few buttons on the terminal inside of it. The elevator rumbled underneath them as it slowly turned on. "Everyone, hold on to something. The elevator's going to be a rough ride." Aria warned, lamenting the fact that Mr. Porta wasn't compatible with the kettle that she personally would've preferred to use, as the elevator almost always lifted people into the air riding it.

The couch held onto a guardrail as the elevator gathered speed, pushing them against the floor of the elevator. Mr. Porta groaned, a queasy feeling growing in his stomach.

It wasn't long when the elevator suddenly stopped, launching all who didn't hold onto the guardrails into the air. And even then, they felt their feet lift off the ground before returning to the floor. Forge carefully stood up, his legs felt like jelly as he stumbled towards Mr. Porta and put his hand on the stunned Jellyfish, shaking some sense into him. "Come on, Porta, let's get going."

Mr. Porta shook his head, holding his back as he got off the elevator and on solid ground again. His free arm dragged on the ground, elongated by the violent speed of the elevator. Forge walked over to Lucas, getting him on his feet. "You good or did your legs get broke?" He asked, mindful of the student's affinity to pulling jokes.
@MacSmitty

Aria walked over, somewhat used to the force of the elevator, and extended a hand to Viola. Getting her off the ground, she asked, "are you alright? I don't know, you seem like the... uh, don't get angry at this; but you look like the fragile one of the group." The Octoling awkwardly gave a light smile.
@TACarbuncle

(( I love walls. Don't you guys? ))

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Zerul took the elevator ride at full tilt without securing himself. His Exosuit took most of the G forces but he wasn't even aware as he was too busy steaming at Forge's uncalled for comment. Things were bad. And they were lucky it didn't get worse. Knowing both sides dont want a war the majority from Octovally will just say a rouge group of Octarains wanted to capture the students to use as hostages.

The elevator stops and he hops up and lands on the ground as if nothing happened. He turns and sees Viola being helped up by Aria. He also offers a hand but doesn't say anything.

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
As Aria warned the group to hold on the rails, Lucas opened his mouth to say, "And why's that-" Before getting slammed in the floors of the elevator.

As the elevator reached its destination, the little Inkling boy was momentarily flung into the air before landing on the ground again. Landing with a "
Ooof!" He slowly picked himself up with the help of Forge, giving the Coach a mere thanks, he responded with "I'm fine. Though my legs, and everywhere else are gonna sting for a while..."
@Rustic @Coerulus @TACarbuncle @Zerul @Zawlt

Zawlt

Full Squid
NNID
Gunoy6
"Xexe, Gunoy, stop what you're doing and grab hold of the handlebars," Eriana said to them. Xexe was still crying while Zawlt was the composed one out of the two, "Xexe, please pull yourself together," Zawlt said letting go of her. As Zawlt reached for the handlebar however, the elevator suddenly activated and the two were immediately grounded, and because Xexe didn't let Zawlt go yet she was right ontop of him now in shock at what's happening.

When it suddenly stopped the two were levitated slightly where Zawlt surprisingly landed on his feet. Xexe on the other hand went up a little higher due to weighing less than Zawlt. He noticed this and immediately caught her to keep her from hitting the ground, "Good catch, Gunoy," Eriana said bearing witness to what happened. Xexe came to the realization that she was in Zawlt's arms and her state went from being a mix of frightened and sad, to flat out embarrassment. Zawlt let Xexe back to the ground on her own feet, "Uhh...t-thanks," Xexe said, "No problem," Zawlt said in response. With that little scene out of the way Eriana turned her attention to the other adults of the group, "Okay, we're up here now, where to next?" she asked them.

@Rustic @Coerulus @TACarbuncle @MacSmitty @Zerul

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
Viola let out a surprised yelp at the sudden stop, her hair flashing white for a moment as her feet left the ground and she landed with a solid 'Thump' on her butt. "Ooowww....." She said, groaning a little bit. She looked up to see Aria's hand and took it, letting out an embarrassed giggle. "Thanks..." She said, before hearing Aria's comment. "It's okay.... I'm used to that kind of thinking. My personality combined with my small body makes it easy to make that assumption."

@Rustic

Rustic

Inkling Commander
(( Alright, this is the final post for this thread. Well, unless you guys feel like voicing your character's thoughts one last time. The next thread should come up at around midnight. ))
@Zawlt @Zerul @Coerulus @MacSmitty @TACarbuncle

Aria perked her head up, stopping whatever she was going to say to Viola when she heard Eriana. "We're gonna head out the only way there is, unless you feel like hopping down into that dark ravine deeper into Octo Valley." Aria added, "that'd be one way to get away from the authorities. But I read in a book once that you can survive that fall. It's just... really dang hard to do, because you'd need to Ink the wall and octopus-down it and... all against that business with becoming a literal splatter..." She trailed off, walking down the cavern.

"There she goes again with her sarcasm, in the same place too..." Forge quietly said, getting off the elevator to follow her. Mr. Porta, having already gotten off the elevator, followed suit to get out of there and away from the elevator as soon as possible. "Come on, children... and adults."

The students and their guardians followed behind the two teachers, letting the Octoling ahead of them all lead them. After half an hour of walking, they finally emerged into the coastal town. Night shrouding their exit, Aria quickly led them to a small boat. She helped the students aboard, herding them onto the boat. It was a small thing, probably designed to accommodate a small crew of six. Not a huddled group of teens and adults on the run from a rampant military group. However, she, with the help of Forge, tossed over a couple of things that weren't needed overboard to make room.

Mr. Porta beckoned the students and their guardians into the cabin, while Forge and Aria stayed up top on the boat. They turned on the engine after a brief delay to look for a very lucky, depending on who you're talking to, misplaced pair of keys. Putting into the ignition, they drove away from the coastal town. Hearing the shouting of an angry Octoling as they left, giving them their last taste of Octo Valley.

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Zerul didn't say anything as they walked. When they arrived at the harbor He was nervous. He didn't like boats. He helps everyone on the boat and even helped with tossing out the supplies. Once everyone was on they were off to Inkopolis. Zerul was just happy that The Octarain wouldn't follow without becoming a problem for both nations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom