Zelda Tr4sh Thread - BAN ZELDA

Should Zelda be banned from competitive play?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lavani

Inkling
Random thought, this thread could make for a nice fallback at that time of night when swf goes down.

Though that requires me and other people to remember to check here and I'm on mobile at this time of night which means no black Stylish skin for me :c

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Random thought, this thread could make for a nice fallback at that time of night when swf goes down.

Though that requires me and other people to remember to check here and I'm on mobile at this time of night which means no black Stylish skin for me :c
Pretty cool idea.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I've been plain busy this week so I haven't check here that often. With the splatoon direct and finished my ap exam, I should have a good enough reason to be active on squidboards in general. :3

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
I've been plain busy this week so I haven't check here that often. With the splatoon direct and finished my ap exam, I should have a good enough reason to be active on squidboards in general. :3
Yes, I'm exited for tomorrow's direct.

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Ah, Squidboards Zelda Social. Never change.

I've reading up on some Smash jargon. I've never really looked into it. But there are some new jargon that I've recently learned. Cool stuff.

Been scouring the internet for some Zelda/Wii Fit/DDD. Speaking of DDD, I found out something really interesting about him. Not sure weather to reveal it or not. I suspect it to already be discovered but not by many.

I've also come in contact with various other mains to read up on some matchups. Got some super secret stuff. Maybe with this, I can actually beat this Sonic main in my local. Talking about locals, I suspect mine is the only one that I have knowledge of in my entire country. Really small too. At it's peak we get around 30~ people. It's the reason, have not submitted my results on Smashboards. My local is more of a gathering than an actual tourney.Where anyone can enter for fun. It doesn't even have a name. The TO, doesn't use Challonge or TioPro. He uses pen and paper. I've talked to him about submitting the results but to him it's not important at all. I could do it myself, but it's too much of a hassle to me. Honestly, I don't care about ranks.

On the topic of DDD, I already have him tourney ready, it's really good in my eyes. I've modeled it after Gunbade's and Luminous's. Unlike them however, I'm taking advantage of DDD's customs. Which have really interesting properties all on their own. As for Zelda, I believe she is decent. More of risk vs reward sort of character. Although, I've only have started to main her in this game. In Brawl, I used to use Ganondorf, pretty much the only competitive Ganon in the whole country. To me as a new Zelda main she is very hard to use at first. My decision to main her are quite silly, truth be told. Unfortunately, my dear reader it's a secret. On a whole she's mid. Not good, not bad. Her matchups are the sole reason I've decided to do a main rotation approach in this game. My time with Zelda may be short but I've found some success in using her. On the topic of Zelda's customs. Most of them are terrible. However, there are some that have interesting properties. I've taken advantage of these properties and have integrated it into my playstyle. For those wondering I've modeled my playstyle after Ven's and Macchiato's. Ven is most likely the most successful Zelda main in the Western Hemisphere. Wii Fit on the other hand is the only one of my mains, that is considered good with customs on. The only time I've used her is in dire situations. I've modeled her after Waveguider's and Big D's.

I've been thinking on which character I'll use in the next rotation. One of the new ones is Falco. I've worked up my Falco for a while now, it's time to spread his wings, I suppose.

Last edited:

Lavani

Inkling
I'm curious what your opinions on Dedede's customs are. I like 3122, 3112, 3322, and 3312 personally.

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
I'm curious what your opinions on Dedede's customs are. I like 3122, 3112, 3322, and 3312 personally.
I like 3112, 2323. Petty much all of DDD's customs are useful for certain matchups. Sometimes, I just mix it up to surprise my opponents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom