Zones only vs all-modes

SquidHunterX

Senior Squid
NNID
Supes
The only real selling point for me with "zones only" is having different team compositions and complexities. When that doesn't happen it's just impossible to watch for more than like a few sets. Too boring.

Last edited:

tocapa

Inkling
NNID
tocapa
Switch Friend Code
SW-0053-3891-1628
I think getting rid of Clam Blitz would be a huge mistake. Imo it's the best mode from a viewer's perspective. Its only real problem is Kraken cheese, and arguably a dearth of great maps. Popgun said in a recent Popcast that if Kraken cheese is really that much of a problem we should just consider banning it instead of condemning the mode entirely, and I 100% agree.

As for Rainmaker/Tower Control, I think getting rid of them entirely would remove some interesting diversity from the game. That being said, I think we could make the argument for treating them a single mode instead of two, and make it so every three games is Splat Zones, Rainmaker/Tower Control, Clam Blitz. Personally if we're not going to do all modes equally I'd rather have this.

And I don't like Chara's suggestion for Zones every other map because I don't like the idea that a team would be able to win a set only by winning Zones. You should have to win at least one other mode imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom