• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What about Splatoon made you want it?

DigDeep

Senior Squid
Well after the initial confusion that Nintendo was making a Nickelodeon licensed game, haha, I was just really blown away by what Nintendo was trying to do. I never really saw anything like Splatoon before and I actually think there's pretty few games that you can say play similarly at all. The idea of spraying the ground instead of killing enemies so everyone can contribute to the game regardless of skill level sounds very fun to me. It looked fast paced, character designs are amazing, and seemed like it could offer plenty of depth and teamwork for someone looking for more than just a casual session.

Yaezakura

Pro Squid
I kind of have to agree with the "Everything" option... I haven't seen a single thing that I don't like about this game so far.

That said, if I had to point to the thing that first caught my eye, it would be the aesthetic when we first saw it at E3. It just looked so... bright and fun.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Because it's mulitplayer, it looks like it could be competitive and fun, I need to expand my library of Wii U games, and the artstyle looks absolutely magnificent.
I really love the artsyle, too. It's so bright and colorful.

TheGentlebro

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Gentlebro
When I first saw the game at E3, I really didn't pay it much mind, but after seeing a bunch of coverage on it via Youtube and the most recent Direct, just most things about it captivated me.

Mansuta8

Inkster Jr.
NNID
WafflePi
The waifus.
Also it reminds me of Jet Set Radio, it's a nice change of pace from the multiplayer FPS games I was playing before too.

shrooby

Get Kraken
I was lucky enough to be able to go to E3 and play the first demo of it and thought it was really fun.
I've been pretty sold since then.~

SkyBlue

Inkling Commander
I was one of those that when it was first revealed I didn't think much of it, but the next time they showed gameplay It had me hooked. The casualness of turf war looks super fun (though I'll probably get competitive in a non competitive mode) and the style of everything is just so quirky and cool!

jp4464

Jazzy Inkling
NNID
jp4464
As soon as I saw the trailer and gameplay during E3, I was excited.
Then we got the single-player trailer and more info.

What gets me so excited for the game is its personality and color. It just looks like such a fun-filled game, while also having tons of strategy and depth.

Shuriblur

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Shuriblur
When I first saw it I was pulled in by the unique concept of the squid turning into a person. Then it looked like a giant paintball fight and seeing how colorful and crazy the game was made me want to know more about it.

Draayder

Inkling Cadet
I really liked the character design, the sound direction is really nice, and the mobility looked really fresh for a fps game.

itisRag

friendly neighborhood rag
NNID
itisrag
As soon as I saw the trailer and gameplay during E3, I was excited.
Then we got the single-player trailer and more info.

What gets me so excited for the game is its personality and color. It just looks like such a fun-filled game, while also having tons of strategy and depth.
I basically have the same view as this. Additionally, I don't think I've ever seen or heard of any game that is quite like Splatoon. The only other games I've played that seem anywhere close to being as unique are JK2/JK3, Portal/2 and Team Fortress Classic. I've never played TF2, but I'm sure it's incredible. Valve makes some outstanding games.

YesI'mTaco34

Inkling Cadet
NNID
YesImTaco
A Customizable character was a big part in me liking this game plus i been looking for another MP game to play

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom