• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

1 Million Dollar Splatoon Tournament Announced!

All the squids and kids in Japan are getting in their freshest gear because the biggest turf war of all time is about to go down! Alongside a tournament for Puzzle & Dragons the largest tournament ever for Splatoon with over 1 Million dollars in prizes. The tournament series is being hosted by Kadokawa and Toukaihi / Nicovideo parent company Dwango.

Eight cities are set to hold forty events in this major series, the first of which start here:
  • Fukuoka (September 13)
  • Sapporo (September 26)
  • Nagoya (October 11)
  • Osaka (November 3)
  • Miyagi (November 15)
  • Hiroshima (November 22)
  • Kagawa (December 13)
  • Tokyo (January 30)

The tournaments will feature four on four Turf War matches with no weapon limitations. If any tournament has too many entrants those playing with be decided by a lottery. The grand finals will be held on January 30th through 31st in 2016. There is no current word on if a similar tournament will be coming to Europe or North America but stay tuned Squidboards for Splatoon coverage!

Comments

Man, that stuff has to come to all the west, EU, AU and US(you're ever thinking about yourselves US guys).
Perhaps a million dollars prices are too heavy for EU, since I don't think there's going to be a massive number of participants unlike Japan...I rarely find an A+ or S rank west player.
But we want competitions and tournaments as well.

I really hope the stream to be archived, so we can watch anytime, time difference here is a pain, and being able to rewatch would lead us to discover their techs properly, I hardly see an S players from the west.

this looks sick!
if this gets a stream, I'm gonna be on it 24/7.
looks like the community is really growing now.
(where are you now, all you Splatoon haters?!)

I doubt that very much. It will almost certainly be streamed on Nicovideo, as the tournament is sponsored by the company that owns NicoNico.
yep figured as much, wouldn't have made much sense. but heard the rumor so wanted to see if it was true x)

I͕͊͑ͥͨ'͇̥͖̜̭̯́̿̾ͩͬ̾̉d̮̯̩̞̭̺ ̣͎͇͘l̊ov̜̜̞͚̼́ͦͩ̂͡e̲̤̘͈̰̹ͦͮ̓̈́ͭ ̛͉̟̲̔̋̅̓͂ͅẗ̻̱̖̩́o̼̣̱̞ͧ̇͜ ̎̓̄͑ͥͫs̱͓̥̓̆ͤͥͫ̅̉͝e͕̜͉͙̖̹̥̐̃ͬe̲̲̦͉̾̊̃ͩͪͨ̌ ̵ͬ͆̊͗̌h͙͈ͧ̓o̕w̙̐̐̒͒͌̄̚ t͓͆̽h̴̬eͭ ͑̔w̢̱̖͈̻͚͉̤̔̈́̈ͯͦͣi̯̦̪̥̹͕̠ň̗͚̦͉̮n̟̱͚̪̜̱̖ͥ̂̓̊ͬͧͫe͖̝ͦͯṟ̸͙̳͉̍s̪̅̄̀̾͒͞ ̓͗͟r̟ͅe͛̆̈ͦͮ͌҉̝̼á̫͕̙̒̐̀c̚ṱ͔͍ͭ͆̐͛̾̑͗.̨͕ͤ̋ͤ̂

Rules (for those interested):
Game Mode:
Turf War best of 1, semi-finals and finals are best of 3.

Stage:

Lottery between Urchin Underpass, Saltspray Rig, Blackberry Skatepark, Walleye Warehouse and Arowana Mall.

Weapons:

After the stage is selected, the players may choose between any weapon in the game, as long they were released at least one day before the tournament.

Gear:
School uniform set that you receive from the Inkling Girl Amiibo, they are all on the inital state (aka, only the main ability is unlocked).

Version:
The latest version possible as long it was released at least one day before the tournament.

Controller:
WiiU Gamepad on the default settings.

Also, they do NOT mention a one million dollar prize on the website, where did you guys get that info from?

Reactions: mle
Rules (for those interested):
Game Mode:
Turf War best of 1, semi-finals and finals are best of 3.

Stage:

Lottery between Urchin Underpass, Saltspray Rig, Blackberry Skatepark, Walleye Warehouse and Arowana Mall.

Weapons:

After the stage is selected, the players may choose between any weapon in the game, as long they were released at least one day before the tournament.

Gear:
School uniform set that you receive from the Inkling Girl Amiibo, they are all on the inital state (aka, only the main ability is unlocked).

Version:
The latest version possible as long it was released at least one day before the tournament.

Controller:
WiiU Gamepad on the default settings.

Also, they do NOT mention a one million dollar prize on the website, where did you guys get that info from?
one million in prizes. a lot of news sites said it actually. just google the words "japan splatoon million prize"

Everyone using the same gear? I hope they have a better answer to that in the future

No i mean is it a million USD dollars worth of prizes or it a million yen worth of prizes? The difference is HUGE.
I can't tell if it was a journalistic error or not because I can't find any mention of the prizes worth using google translate on Splatoon's Japanese twitter account or the Japanese Splatoon Site or the Event's page on Nico Nico or whatever. It does seem to be part of a large event featuring several games so I wonder if that is the prize total for all the games featured.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom