• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

$200 Nintendome Cash Tourney!

MintChipper

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TonyEH
Would like to change some things for Team Quetzalcoatl, if there's a max player limit I'll take some people out.

Adding:
QC≫Dylan26 | Dylan26
QC≫Chavo | llantonino
QC≫Ace | Mikeyb2278
QC≫Pride | flowerskunk12349
QC≫Peach | TheRaptor17

The Claw

Inkster Jr.
NNID
mariomario494949
Hello, I'm a member of Kraken Radio. Have you guys contacted our leader yet? I'm pretty sure one of our members registered us in your video.

Nintendome

Inkredible YouTuber
NNID
LogicallyHank
Hello, I'm a member of Kraken Radio. Have you guys contacted our leader yet? I'm pretty sure one of our members registered us in your video.
I have added everyone on Skype. If he's not in the team leader chat, he should add SkypeWithHank ASAP. Please tell him to state who he is in his add message too

MrChillax

Inkling General
NNID
ChillaxToTheMax
Can u add one more player to our team i know we been having alot of people come and go but this is the last change.
Can u add EDPP|Pika / NNID: bry103

Hitzel

Inkling Commander
NNID
Hitzel
I unfortunately won't be able to participate with Clubs in this tournament, but I will be rooting for both Squid Squad teams in chat! Good luck to everyone =)

Light Brand

Inkster Jr.
NNID
CobaltWeavile
Is there a bracket I can look at, or will it be released tomorrow?

luigisly

Full Squid
Can someone explain swiss to me? I'm confused how Blooper Ink is ranked 4th with 2 DQ wins?
Something is weird with challonge. That TB number is how many wins you have against tied opponents, Blooper ink has 0, lemon's 1 and cthuligans 0 wins against teams with 4 points. I have no idea where challonge is getting the TB numbers it has.

Edit: Figured it out, for some reason challonge is taking the games played against teams that have dropped out and adding them to the TB number. As it stands lemon, blooper and cthuligans should have 1, 0 and 0 in the TB column respectively. But those teams have played against 1, 2 and 1 teams that have dropped out. Adds up to the TB number challonge had for them of 2, 2 and 1. That needs to be fixed or accounted for.

Last edited:

ddr4lyfe

Inkling
NNID
ddr4lyfe
Something is weird with challonge. That TB number is how many wins you have against tied opponents, Blooper ink has 0, lemon's 1 and cthuligans 0 wins against teams with 4 points. I have no idea where challonge is getting the TB numbers it has.

Edit: Figured it out, for some reason challonge is taking the games played against teams that have dropped out and adding them to the TB number. As it stands lemon, blooper and cthuligans should have 1, 0 and 0 in the TB column respectively. But those teams have played against 1, 2 and 1 teams that have dropped out. Adds up to the TB number challonge had for them of 2, 2 and 1. That needs to be fixed or accounted for.
The problem with it is that for teams whose opponents have dropped out, if the TB doesn't take those drop outs into account, the team has less chances to gain TB points; so they can't be entirely ignored. Should those drop out TB points have equal weight to the other TB points? I don't know. Should TB be calculated a different way? Maybe. But whatever is done, drop out TB points shouldn't be ignored because it wouldn't be fair to those teams.

Stan64

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Stan64
Captain from Blooper Ink EU here. We played all our matches and won all except one. I don't really understand the system but I think we get the two TB points earlier when we went up against similiar opponents in other rounds (for example 1-0-0 or 3-1-0). Our Buchholz is a bit lower though and that says that we might have gotten to play some easier teams or that the teams we faced dropped out and can't add much to the points.

Can someone explain swiss to me? I'm confused how Blooper Ink is ranked 4th with 2 DQ wins?
Those are not two DQ wins, those are two wins against equally ranked teams during the rounds. There is a tooltip for each value if you want to know what they mean.

Power

Inkling Commander
GG's, it was fun to play with a random team and see how far we can get.

Chewi

Full Squid
NNID
IronChefCanada
Good games to all the teams we played. Shout out to Koopa Clan and PG Squids Next Door for some of the closest matches we've had to date! We will get you next time ;)

BestTeaMaker

Pro Squid
NNID
BestTeaMaker
@Stan64 the issue isn't with your team really. The problem is that the way the tournament handled DQ's was bad. It gave points to teams that were DQ's because they happened to get byes. What.

jamesrcade

Senior Squid
Yeah Blooper Ink had a high TB score because 2 teams they beat (Team Quetzalcoatl Gold and Callie Best Squid) left halfway through the tournament.

For the rest of the tournament the games they didn't play (Team Quetzalcoatl Gold and Callie Best Squid), they were given byes which is an automatic +1 so they ended on a score of 5.0 despite Team Quetzalcoatl Gold only playing 2 games and losing twice and Callie Best Squid playing 4 games which 2 they won.

I'm not sure how you dealt with games where a team disconnected and couldn't be finished, but it seems sometimes they were given an automatic 3-0 or some where the winner won with 0 and the other team -3.

This inconsistency I think messed up the table a little, especially when you have 11 teams finishing with a score of 5.0 (not including the ones that got a score of 5.0 despite quitting).

Anyway it's a bit late now, and maybe I've made some mistakes but something definitely isn't quite right.

EDIT: and yeah like others have said, no issue with Blooper Ink - this is an issue with how the TO decided scores and entered it into Challonge.

EDIT: Just to confirm Blooper Inks final score should have been, Score: 5.0 (correct), TB: 1 and Buchholz: 18.5 which would have placed them 11th

this not just pushed us out, but it also affected the seeding for top 8.

Last edited:

Stan64

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Stan64
Yeah, I get it. So if you meet a team that get DQ early on you should get punished hard at Buchholz? That doesn't really seem fair either.

We had good wins though and had the fifth highest points so we did good in our matches. We were lucky to lose were we lost first and got to meet "good" teams all the way until we got to Choke Squad.

I do understand that the format wasn't optimal and we got some bonuses to teams DQing. But yeah. Most tournaments so far have had hiccups.

On another issue; I remember meeting Who? in some elimination and we couldn't kill anyone, it was too laggy. And the tournament had been fine up to that. They won 3-0 but we felt like we didn't even play them. People were hitting people clean 3-5 times with 2 shot weapons. But what could we do. Just eat it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom