1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

$200 Nintendome Cash Tourney!

Discussion in 'Event & Tournament Listings' started by Mr.HawK, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Nintendome

Nintendome Inkredible YouTuber

NNID:
    LogicallyHank
    I got it and replied. I like your username :)

2. MintChipper

MintChipper Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    TonyEH
    Would like to change some things for Team Quetzalcoatl, if there's a max player limit I'll take some people out.

Adding:
    QC≫Dylan26 | Dylan26
    QC≫Chavo | llantonino
    QC≫Ace | Mikeyb2278
    QC≫Pride | flowerskunk12349
    QC≫Peach | TheRaptor17

Nintendome likes this.
  3. Nintendome

NNID:
    LogicallyHank
    got it ty

MintChipper likes this.
  4. The Claw

The Claw Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    mariomario494949
    Hello, I'm a member of Kraken Radio. Have you guys contacted our leader yet? I'm pretty sure one of our members registered us in your video.

5. Nintendome

NNID:
    LogicallyHank
    I have added everyone on Skype. If he's not in the team leader chat, he should add SkypeWithHank ASAP. Please tell him to state who he is in his add message too

6. MrChillax

MrChillax Inkling General

NNID:
    ChillaxToTheMax
    Can u add one more player to our team i know we been having alot of people come and go but this is the last change.
    Can u add EDPP|Pika / NNID: bry103

7. Nintendome

NNID:
    LogicallyHank
    done gl

8. Hitzel

Hitzel Inkling Commander

NNID:
    Hitzelburger
    I unfortunately won't be able to participate with Clubs in this tournament, but I will be rooting for both Squid Squad teams in chat! Good luck to everyone =)

Nintendome likes this.
  9. Light Brand

Light Brand Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    CobaltWeavile
    Is there a bracket I can look at, or will it be released tomorrow?

10. RosyDawn

RosyDawn Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    PinkDawn
    I'd like to confirm the OFFSHORE roster.

OFF Rosy
    OFF Sly
    OFF Fuzzy
    OFF ynnaD
    OFF p0t3nt
    Bat Nam

Nintendome likes this.
  11. Nintendome

NNID:
    LogicallyHank
  12. Agosta44

Agosta44 Inkling Fleet Admiral

NNID:
    Agosta
    Can someone explain swiss to me? I'm confused how Blooper Ink is ranked 4th with 2 DQ wins?

ssupermario92 likes this.
  13. luigisly

luigisly Full Squid

Something is weird with challonge. That TB number is how many wins you have against tied opponents, Blooper ink has 0, lemon's 1 and cthuligans 0 wins against teams with 4 points. I have no idea where challonge is getting the TB numbers it has.

Edit: Figured it out, for some reason challonge is taking the games played against teams that have dropped out and adding them to the TB number. As it stands lemon, blooper and cthuligans should have 1, 0 and 0 in the TB column respectively. But those teams have played against 1, 2 and 1 teams that have dropped out. Adds up to the TB number challonge had for them of 2, 2 and 1. That needs to be fixed or accounted for.

#33 luigisly, Oct 3, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2015
    Agosta44 likes this.
  14. ddr4lyfe

ddr4lyfe Inkling

NNID:
    ddr4lyfe
    The problem with it is that for teams whose opponents have dropped out, if the TB doesn't take those drop outs into account, the team has less chances to gain TB points; so they can't be entirely ignored. Should those drop out TB points have equal weight to the other TB points? I don't know. Should TB be calculated a different way? Maybe. But whatever is done, drop out TB points shouldn't be ignored because it wouldn't be fair to those teams.

15. Stan64

Stan64 Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    Stan64
    Captain from Blooper Ink EU here. We played all our matches and won all except one. I don't really understand the system but I think we get the two TB points earlier when we went up against similiar opponents in other rounds (for example 1-0-0 or 3-1-0). Our Buchholz is a bit lower though and that says that we might have gotten to play some easier teams or that the teams we faced dropped out and can't add much to the points.

Those are not two DQ wins, those are two wins against equally ranked teams during the rounds. There is a tooltip for each value if you want to know what they mean.

16. Power

Power Inkling Commander

NNID:
    TheOriginalBallr
    GG's, it was fun to play with a random team and see how far we can get.

17. Chewi

Chewi Full Squid

NNID:
    IronChefCanada
    Good games to all the teams we played. Shout out to Koopa Clan and PG Squids Next Door for some of the closest matches we've had to date! We will get you next time ;)

18. BestTeaMaker

BestTeaMaker Pro Squid

NNID:
    BestTeaMaker
    @Stan64 the issue isn't with your team really. The problem is that the way the tournament handled DQ's was bad. It gave points to teams that were DQ's because they happened to get byes. What.

19. jamesrcade

jamesrcade Senior Squid

Yeah Blooper Ink had a high TB score because 2 teams they beat (Team Quetzalcoatl Gold and Callie Best Squid) left halfway through the tournament.

For the rest of the tournament the games they didn't play (Team Quetzalcoatl Gold and Callie Best Squid), they were given byes which is an automatic +1 so they ended on a score of 5.0 despite Team Quetzalcoatl Gold only playing 2 games and losing twice and Callie Best Squid playing 4 games which 2 they won.

I'm not sure how you dealt with games where a team disconnected and couldn't be finished, but it seems sometimes they were given an automatic 3-0 or some where the winner won with 0 and the other team -3.

This inconsistency I think messed up the table a little, especially when you have 11 teams finishing with a score of 5.0 (not including the ones that got a score of 5.0 despite quitting).

Anyway it's a bit late now, and maybe I've made some mistakes but something definitely isn't quite right.

EDIT: and yeah like others have said, no issue with Blooper Ink - this is an issue with how the TO decided scores and entered it into Challonge.

EDIT: Just to confirm Blooper Inks final score should have been, Score: 5.0 (correct), TB: 1 and Buchholz: 18.5 which would have placed them 11th

this not just pushed us out, but it also affected the seeding for top 8.

#39 jamesrcade, Oct 4, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
  20. Stan64

Stan64 Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    Stan64
    Yeah, I get it. So if you meet a team that get DQ early on you should get punished hard at Buchholz? That doesn't really seem fair either.

We had good wins though and had the fifth highest points so we did good in our matches. We were lucky to lose were we lost first and got to meet "good" teams all the way until we got to Choke Squad.

I do understand that the format wasn't optimal and we got some bonuses to teams DQing. But yeah. Most tournaments so far have had hiccups.

On another issue; I remember meeting Who? in some elimination and we couldn't kill anyone, it was too laggy. And the tournament had been fine up to that. They won 3-0 but we felt like we didn't even play them. People were hitting people clean 3-5 times with 2 shot weapons. But what could we do. Just eat it.