• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

$200 Nintendome Cash Tourney!

jamesrcade

Senior Squid
Yeah, I get it. So if you meet a team that get DQ early on you should get punished hard at Buchholz? That doesn't really seem fair either.
That's a good point, and maybe a good reason for why Swiss maybe isn't ideal for Splatoon.

But I don't think you (and anyone else that played those teams) should be rewarded for it either, a team that lost 2 games and then quit ended up with a score of 5 - maybe +1 to their score for each bye was a bit too much.

Again no problems with you guys, this is more a issue with how the TO dealt with forfeits/DC issues/teams that quit halfway through and how it's entered in Challonge.

RedFyn

Inkling
NNID
RedFyn
I'm of the opinion that we should have split tournaments to separate the teams. Why are we letting college teams into the NBA?

We had good wins though and had the fifth highest points so we did good in our matches. We were lucky to lose were we lost first and got to meet "good" teams all the way until we got to Choke Squad.
The issue is with how the tournament was set up and I mean no ill will towards blooper inc but this is just laughable and if you really think those were good squads it shows that you don't belong in the top 8.

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
On another issue; I remember meeting Who? in some elimination and we couldn't kill anyone, it was too laggy. And the tournament had been fine up to that. They won 3-0 but we felt like we didn't even play them. People were hitting people clean 3-5 times with 2 shot weapons. But what could we do. Just eat it.
This was also an issue for IU Fire as well in one of our rounds. We played against a team where EVERY SINGLE match was laggy and 2 of their members CONSISTENTLY had teleportation skills. It was pretty rough, when one minute you have the lead and the next second you see the RM/TC Zoom past you at astronomical speed. Since there are no rules and no way to prove the lag occurred (outside of streams?), we just ate the loss.

This only happened in 1 of the rounds we played so I don't think IU Fire was the culprit of the lag.

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
Congrats SS-S for winning the tourney and GGs to all the teams that participated! ;)

Typhlosion09

Pro Squid
NNID
Typhlosion09
GGs to everyone. Congrats to SS-S.

Tbh Blooper ink got easy matchups and don't deserve to be in top 8. Nothing against you guys btw, but looking at it the only team I would consider good that you played is choke squad. That wasn't very close. Losing to a team like Squidsters_ink is more than enough of a reason you shouldn't have gotten in. There isn't much you could do about the two teams that you didn't really play, but still you honestly didn't deserve top 8. I don't mean to offend anyone, and I'm not salty. We didn't really deserve top 8 either, I'm just stating my opinions.

Power

Inkling Commander

Tbh Blooper ink got easy matchups and don't deserve to be in top 8. Nothing against you guys btw, but looking at it the only team I would consider good that you played is choke squad. That wasn't very close. Losing to a team like Squidsters_ink is more than enough of a reason you shouldn't have gotten in. There isn't much you could do about the two teams that you didn't really play, but still you honestly didn't deserve top 8. I don't mean to offend anyone, and I'm not salty. We didn't really deserve top 8 either, I'm just stating my opinions.
Is there a way to prevent this kind of thing from happening? A different system from swiss?

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon

(Not played in the tourney but I didn't notice this until just now) Is this really the case? You say nothing against us but yet imply that (they) didn't deserve it. Unfortunately, these things can happen in most tournaments where 1 team gets a shallow pool/round until they hit a team that is considered good (like choke squad) and then get top 8 etc. Nothing they couldn't do about it except play their matches. Also, they played the two teams that dropped out but the thing is, they dropped out AFTER Blooper Ink played them not before (we have two of our members with recordings).

Also them losing to squidster ink, I can't say much, I had other plans unfortunately.

Last edited:

Egregore

Splash Wall of China
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Hate to be that guy but TOs really need to revisit DC rules. It always benefits the team that's losing, and especially when the match is decidedly over by all accounts, to have to replay the entire thing is ludicrous.

Secondly, TSB subbed out a player and switched weapon comp in the rematch on Walleye.

Disconnection

• If a Player is disconnected from a match, the team that the disconnecting player was from may opt to replay the game with the same players and weapon loadouts.

ddr4lyfe

Inkling
NNID
ddr4lyfe
Tbh Blooper ink got easy matchups
I think it's fair to say that Blooper Ink got a bit of luck and had an easier time going through the rounds than other teams. But that's what happens when you don't play every single team in the event; some teams will get lucky with match ups, other teams won't be so lucky.

and don't deserve to be in top 8.
Every team deserves to be in any place in the tournament, whether first or last. Saying teams don't deserve to be in the top eight because of what I assume to be skill that you're referring to, says something about you belittling other teams.

Nothing against you guys btw, but looking at it the only team I would consider good that you played is choke squad. That wasn't very close. Losing to a team like Squidsters_ink is more than enough of a reason you shouldn't have gotten in.
One match between two teams is no indication of which team is better. If you flipped a coin and got heads, would you just assume that the coin would always land on heads? No, because every event is independent of one another. One team's win or loss against another team's does not affect future matches between them, or that team's overall relative skill level in comparison to the other teams in the tournament. Sure, over an infinite amount of match ups between two teams, a certain probability would form, but not from one match up. It also sounds like you're directly attacking Squidsters_ink. You already stated that Blooper Ink didn't deserve top eight. So when you say that Blooper Ink should not have lost against Squidsters_ink since they made it to the top eight, you're stomping on Squidsters_ink even more than you are Blooper Ink.

There isn't much you could do about the two teams that you didn't really play, but still you honestly didn't deserve top 8.
They played every team they were matched up against in each round. Those two teams dropped out after they played Blooper Ink. Once again you're belittling a team by saying they don't deserve something.

I don't mean to offend anyone, and I'm not salty. We didn't really deserve top 8 either, I'm just stating my opinions.
I'm curious what drove you to post this originally, if it isn't because of saltiness. You shouldn't say you don't deserve to be in the top eight, regardless of how you felt you played in the tournament.

scarth

Senior Squid
Seeing as there doesn't seem to be a results/feedback thread, I'll post this here.
This tournament was managed pretty poorly. I'll do my best to explain what I thought was done badly and what can be improved on, but I don't expect Hank to take any of my advice.

Firstly, signups were done in a needlessly complicated manner. As far as I know, Ink or Sink and both Booyah Battles had signups done using a Google Doccument or Squidboards thread. This tournament instead made teams sign up via Youtube comment, which just seems ridiclous; it's easy to impersonate someone, to lose your signup message, or similar. It's also more convenient for you, because you can just funnel all the signups onto a spreadsheet, rather than having to type them out yourself. I expect that this was done in order to farm video views and comments. Even if you wanted to promote your video, you could have still disclosed a signup form, or email address, in the description of the video.

The Squidboards thread is poorly managed. When I wanted to see the bracket and map/mode listing, I came to the thread expecting to find it, but it wasn't there. Obviously it's simple enough to google 'nintendome 10k challonge' but I shouldn't have to. The

Skype as a communication medium is bad, put simply. It's a resource intensive chat program that not everyone likes, let alone has an account for. As much as I dislike Discord's marketing and target audience, I can't deny that it's a good program for discussing stuff like this, where it's effective for an entire team to be observing a chatroom, the captain communicating with another captain. Further, as I'm sure you want to promote the game's competitive scene, it sets up a communication medium between captains and other players for scrims, squads etc.

Onto the actual tournament days:
Too many byes. Byes are awful in any tournament setting as I know from experience, leaving you to sit around for an hour waiting for your next match.
The first day was difficult, to say the least. I woke up at 5am for the 6am start, and was made to sit around until about 6:30 for the lobby to go up - The captain of the opposing team wasn't communicating with us, and apparently Skype had not delivered the messages properly. By the time we got into the lobby, there were 4 of us, and 3 of them. One of their players left, then they decided they wanted to play 2v4, explaining that they didn't know where the other players were. Between games a third player joined, but it made no difference and we quickly won 3-0.
The second round was a bit smoother, for us, and we started at about 7:10, pleased to be playing against a team of 4. Other teams didn't have it so smoothly though, some examples that I can include from memory + screenshots (bottom of post) are:

A team not showing up because they thought they were knocked out.
Hank showing a despration to 'control' the player that he later kicked out.
A captain being kicked out of the skype chat because they didn't understand something.
Two teams agreeing to "play later", and this only being discovered towards the end of the first round (I believe).

It seems that many of the players didn't understand what was expected of them, despite having played in tournaments before (See: IU). You can't really blame Nintendome for this, but at the same time it's not enitrely the players fault either. Booyah Battle had signifigantly clearer expectations of the players.

There's also the issue of the rounds; The Squidboards post says that 7 rounds would be played on day 1, then the top 8 would play on day 2. This allows players who do not expect to make it to the top 8 and are only playing the tournament as a 'sampler' to commit to other things on day 2. Instead, we were told towards the end of day 1 that the 7 rounds would be split across days 1 and 2, then the top 8 would be played immediately after the last 2 rounds had been player. As I said, this obviously has consequences for people who commited to doing something on day 2 only to be expected to show up, but it also affects their opponents; round 6 had 6 forfeits, which I would guess is because the players didn't show up. This leaves those 24 players to sit around waiting for round 7 to start. In addition to those, it also boosts up players who otherwise might have not scored as many points, causing round 7 to be less enjoyable for both teams if a highly skilled team was matched against a lower skilled team.

The top 8 was run fairly smoothly apart NSTC being cut. It's well known that BI aren't skilled enough to hold their own in top 8, as has been said in this thread already and proven in the tournament, but it also denies NSTC, a more skilled team, from playing against people on their level. While I don't think NSTC should have been cut from the top 8, it's worth noting that their Buchholz score and their Points Difference were both lower than NSTC's, I'm assuming it was the TB score being 2 and not 1 that boosted them up.

Commentary: BestTeaMaker is good at running tournaments - better than Nintendome - he was reasonable on what I saw of the podcast, but he isn't a good commentator. His game analysis was shallow and didn't focus on anything that couldn't be seen by an amatuer player, such as commenting on map control, X just got a triple kill etc. FLC did a better job, was still lacking in some areas, but his commentary felt signifigantly more forced than TeaMakers. Neither person had any flow, exceedingly in depth analysis of what was happening, and it was uncomfortable to watch. In most 'professional' casts, I'm used to seeing a player, ex-player or similar, who is able to analyze what's going on in the game in a more in depth way, and one 'caster' who does the 'fast' commentary, often raising their voice when something is happening. Typically the caster has practised enough that they are able to have good flow, a reasonable analysis of what's happening at a fast pace, while still creating a good viewer experience. The two work together nicely. This wasn't done here. In future, I would recommend contacting a player who was knocked out, but still placed reasonably, and inviting them to cast - this is often done in Dota tournaments, notably The Summit, which sometimes has 4 knocked out players casting one game. Signifigantly nicer to watch than a caster and an ex player.

Hank: Your method of PR and running the tournament is embarassing. I'm not sure what experience TeaMaker has in running a tournament, but he handled the first Booyah Battle signifigantly better than you handled your first event, and that was with a single tournament before him, whereas you've had the opportunity to look at a handful. The prize support is nice, but that shouldn't be enough to make up for what was otherwise a shoddy event. Your damage control on Twitter is even worse; I would've prefered to see NSTC in the top 8 than Blooper Ink.
Stan64: I won't go too hard on this because the thread has already summarised what your issue is, but you can't really make excuses. Watching the replays of the matches, your team was lagging too. Everyone in this game has to deal with lag, don't play if you can't accept it. Also, this isn't eHarmony.

Good job to those who played. With any luck Inkstorm will be better.

http://puu.sh/kyMFp/c485413533.png
http://puu.sh/kyMFL/9e0651cdda.png
http://puu.sh/kyMFU/d185393889.png
http://puu.sh/kyMUK/8511c0d34f.png

Fightersword

Good TOs are Capitalists
Super Moderator
NNID
Fightersword
I'm of the opinion that we should have split tournaments to separate the teams. Why are we letting college teams into the NBA?
Depends on the tourney, really. If the tourney didn't set out to be a *you must be X good to join* with rankings or something then it should be fine for anyone to join under the same straits.

I mean that's why they have pools in huge smash tourneys. If the tourney had gone as planned things would have probably turned out similarly.

Hate to be that guy but TOs really need to revisit DC rules. It always benefits the team that's losing, and especially when the match is decidedly over by all accounts, to have to replay the entire thing is ludicrous.
D/C rules are annoying IMO because in many games this sort of thing doesn't happen. A lot of the leniency that happens with these rules comes from the fact that splatoon's online is annoying with the fact that you can't rejoin. Even if you could rounds are really short so another rule in that case would need to be tested.

I don't think it's a stretch to make people keep playing if the game ends within X time from the D/C. problem is that'd be extremely had to enforce. The rule presented in your post is really easy to abuse, which is a problem. At the very least limiting how many times it can happen per round might be better, like once per team, with an eye on teams that have a lot of games in a tourney where they d/c, and exceptions for game wide mass d/cs from both sides. It's really hard because I don't think there's an *optimal* solution to the splatoon d/c problem.

This was also an issue for IU Fire as well in one of our rounds. We played against a team where EVERY SINGLE match was laggy and 2 of their members CONSISTENTLY had teleportation skills. It was pretty rough, when one minute you have the lead and the next second you see the RM/TC Zoom past you at astronomical speed. Since there are no rules and no way to prove the lag occurred (outside of streams?), we just ate the loss.

This only happened in 1 of the rounds we played so I don't think IU Fire was the culprit of the lag.
You can mess with stuff to lag everyone else if you know what you're doing. it could very well have been intentional. That's unlikely though, seems like what you said is prolly the case and it's just bad luck. Plus I can tell you the IU teams are definitely not the teams who would do that.

Yeah Blooper Ink had a high TB score because 2 teams they beat (Team Quetzalcoatl Gold and Callie Best Squid) left halfway through the tournament.

For the rest of the tournament the games they didn't play (Team Quetzalcoatl Gold and Callie Best Squid), they were given byes which is an automatic +1 so they ended on a score of 5.0 despite Team Quetzalcoatl Gold only playing 2 games and losing twice and Callie Best Squid playing 4 games which 2 they won.

I'm not sure how you dealt with games where a team disconnected and couldn't be finished, but it seems sometimes they were given an automatic 3-0 or some where the winner won with 0 and the other team -3.

This inconsistency I think messed up the table a little, especially when you have 11 teams finishing with a score of 5.0 (not including the ones that got a score of 5.0 despite quitting).

Anyway it's a bit late now, and maybe I've made some mistakes but something definitely isn't quite right.

EDIT: and yeah like others have said, no issue with Blooper Ink - this is an issue with how the TO decided scores and entered it into Challonge.

EDIT: Just to confirm Blooper Inks final score should have been, Score: 5.0 (correct), TB: 1 and Buchholz: 18.5 which would have placed them 11th

this not just pushed us out, but it also affected the seeding for top 8.
From what I understand as an outsider it seemed like it was a derp from the system and then a mishandling from the TOs. it sucks but it happens. So long as they know what happened and don't do it again I wouldn't hold it against them, but it's still right to be mad about this tourney if such a thing really did affect what was shown. Hell, IMO even if it didn't affect top 8, the information still needs to be correct. It would be like if you did an accounting worksheet and got the same numbers but mis-assigned some things, like wrote the numbers to the wrong accounts, you'd still have to fix it.

BestTeaMaker

Pro Squid
NNID
BestTeaMaker
@scarth thanks for the critique. I'll keep in mind what I should be looking at and will work on improving the flow.

And yeah, it would be a good for commentating to have players come in. If people are interested in commentating, we should keep a list handy.

RedFyn

Inkling
NNID
RedFyn
Depends on the tourney, really. If the tourney didn't set out to be a *you must be X good to join* with rankings or something then it should be fine for anyone to join under the same straits.

I mean that's why they have pools in huge smash tourneys. If the tourney had gone as planned things would have probably turned out similarly.
*This is just a rough explanation and not a final version.*

I don't want tourneys only for the top teams. I want a split tourney where say the top 16 play in one bracket and the bottom 16 play in another. The winner of the bottom 16 is seeded in the top 16 next tournament and the last place finisher of the top 16 moves down. This allows the top players to play against other top players instead of rolling over the weaker teams. It also allows the weaker teams to play against each other and thus get more practice and experience that they don't currently get. They also have a chance of moving up into the top 16 by doing well. I get that it can sound elitist but I can't imagine the weaker teams like getting steamrolled and I know that I personally don't like steamrolling over them.

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon
It's well known that BI aren't skilled enough to hold their own in top 8, as has been said in this thread already and proven in the tournament,
...Sorry, by BI did you mean blooper ink? proven how and where? It seems that you are also attacking this squad as well as some others.
This mixup/confusion was only due to two games (and even then they were actually played where BI won) so I do not understand where all this hot air is coming from.

Fightersword

Good TOs are Capitalists
Super Moderator
NNID
Fightersword
*This is just a rough explanation and not a final version.*

I don't want tourneys only for the top teams. I want a split tourney where say the top 16 play in one bracket and the bottom 16 play in another. The winner of the bottom 16 is seeded in the top 16 next tournament and the last place finisher of the top 16 moves down. This allows the top players to play against other top players instead of rolling over the weaker teams. It also allows the weaker teams to play against each other and thus get more practice and experience that they don't currently get. They also have a chance of moving up into the top 16 by doing well. I get that it can sound elitist but I can't imagine the weaker teams like getting steamrolled and I know that I personally don't like steamrolling over them.
Oh oh ok, I get what you're saying now. sorry split tourney just didn't really connect for a second.

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
It seems that many of the players didn't understand what was expected of them, despite having played in tournaments before (See: IU). You can't really blame Nintendome for this, but at the same time it's not enitrely the players fault either. Booyah Battle had signifigantly clearer expectations of the players.
Excuse me? I'll take some offence to that. I had skimmed your massive post, and I'll read it over at a later date.

Luck? Luck. I'll take some more offence to that.

First off, let's remind ourselves what this tournament was about. This tournament was about @Nintendome giving thanks to his subs. That in mind, a lot of teams were formed on the spot for this tournament with no prior knowledge of how we do things. That caused a lot of confusion and probably annoyed a lot of us.

So calm down please. Don't be mad at Hank. He did the best he could.

EDIT: Also, I'd like to add how hard it is to run a tournament. If you're upset for one reason or another, run your own ****ing tournament and see how hard it is.

Last edited:

Nintendome

Inkredible YouTuber
NNID
LogicallyHank
Seeing as there doesn't seem to be a results/feedback thread, I'll post this here.
This tournament was managed pretty poorly. I'll do my best to explain what I thought was done badly and what can be improved on, but I don't expect Hank to take any of my advice.

Firstly, signups were done in a needlessly complicated manner. As far as I know, Ink or Sink and both Booyah Battles had signups done using a Google Doccument or Squidboards thread. This tournament instead made teams sign up via Youtube comment, which just seems ridiclous; it's easy to impersonate someone, to lose your signup message, or similar. It's also more convenient for you, because you can just funnel all the signups onto a spreadsheet, rather than having to type them out yourself. I expect that this was done in order to farm video views and comments. Even if you wanted to promote your video, you could have still disclosed a signup form, or email address, in the description of the video.

The Squidboards thread is poorly managed. When I wanted to see the bracket and map/mode listing, I came to the thread expecting to find it, but it wasn't there. Obviously it's simple enough to google 'nintendome 10k challonge' but I shouldn't have to. The

Skype as a communication medium is bad, put simply. It's a resource intensive chat program that not everyone likes, let alone has an account for. As much as I dislike Discord's marketing and target audience, I can't deny that it's a good program for discussing stuff like this, where it's effective for an entire team to be observing a chatroom, the captain communicating with another captain. Further, as I'm sure you want to promote the game's competitive scene, it sets up a communication medium between captains and other players for scrims, squads etc.

Onto the actual tournament days:
Too many byes. Byes are awful in any tournament setting as I know from experience, leaving you to sit around for an hour waiting for your next match.
The first day was difficult, to say the least. I woke up at 5am for the 6am start, and was made to sit around until about 6:30 for the lobby to go up - The captain of the opposing team wasn't communicating with us, and apparently Skype had not delivered the messages properly. By the time we got into the lobby, there were 4 of us, and 3 of them. One of their players left, then they decided they wanted to play 2v4, explaining that they didn't know where the other players were. Between games a third player joined, but it made no difference and we quickly won 3-0.
The second round was a bit smoother, for us, and we started at about 7:10, pleased to be playing against a team of 4. Other teams didn't have it so smoothly though, some examples that I can include from memory + screenshots (bottom of post) are:

A team not showing up because they thought they were knocked out.
Hank showing a despration to 'control' the player that he later kicked out.
A captain being kicked out of the skype chat because they didn't understand something.
Two teams agreeing to "play later", and this only being discovered towards the end of the first round (I believe).

There's also the issue of the rounds; The Squidboards post says that 7 rounds would be played on day 1, then the top 8 would play on day 2. This allows players who do not expect to make it to the top 8 and are only playing the tournament as a 'sampler' to commit to other things on day 2. Instead, we were told towards the end of day 1 that the 7 rounds would be split across days 1 and 2, then the top 8 would be played immediately after the last 2 rounds had been player. As I said, this obviously has consequences for people who commited to doing something on day 2 only to be expected to show up, but it also affects their opponents; round 6 had 6 forfeits, which I would guess is because the players didn't show up. This leaves those 24 players to sit around waiting for round 7 to start. In addition to those, it also boosts up players who otherwise might have not scored as many points, causing round 7 to be less enjoyable for both teams if a highly skilled team was matched against a lower skilled team.

The top 8 was run fairly smoothly apart NSTC being cut. It's well known that BI aren't skilled enough to hold their own in top 8, as has been said in this thread already and proven in the tournament, but it also denies NSTC, a more skilled team, from playing against people on their level. While I don't think NSTC should have been cut from the top 8, it's worth noting that their Buchholz score and their Points Difference were both lower than NSTC's, I'm assuming it was the TB score being 2 and not 1 that boosted them up.

Commentary: BestTeaMaker is good at running tournaments - better than Nintendome - he was reasonable on what I saw of the podcast, but he isn't a good commentator. His game analysis was shallow and didn't focus on anything that couldn't be seen by an amatuer player, such as commenting on map control, X just got a triple kill etc. FLC did a better job, was still lacking in some areas, but his commentary felt signifigantly more forced than TeaMakers. Neither person had any flow, exceedingly in depth analysis of what was happening, and it was uncomfortable to watch. In most 'professional' casts, I'm used to seeing a player, ex-player or similar, who is able to analyze what's going on in the game in a more in depth way, and one 'caster' who does the 'fast' commentary, often raising their voice when something is happening. Typically the caster has practised enough that they are able to have good flow, a reasonable analysis of what's happening at a fast pace, while still creating a good viewer experience. The two work together nicely. This wasn't done here. In future, I would recommend contacting a player who was knocked out, but still placed reasonably, and inviting them to cast - this is often done in Dota tournaments, notably The Summit, which sometimes has 4 knocked out players casting one game. Signifigantly nicer to watch than a caster and an ex player.

Hank: Your method of PR and running the tournament is embarassing. I'm not sure what experience TeaMaker has in running a tournament, but he handled the first Booyah Battle signifigantly better than you handled your first event, and that was with a single tournament before him, whereas you've had the opportunity to look at a handful. The prize support is nice, but that shouldn't be enough to make up for what was otherwise a shoddy event. Your damage control on Twitter is even worse; I would've prefered to see NSTC in the top 8 than Blooper Ink.
Stan64: I won't go too hard on this because the thread has already summarised what your issue is, but you can't really make excuses. Watching the replays of the matches, your team was lagging too. Everyone in this game has to deal with lag, don't play if you can't accept it. Also, this isn't eHarmony. You should change your avatar, I don't want to feel like taking a shower every time I look over these forums.

http://puu.sh/kyMFp/c485413533.png
http://puu.sh/kyMFL/9e0651cdda.png
http://puu.sh/kyMFU/d185393889.png
http://puu.sh/kyMUK/8511c0d34f.png
Hey man. I am sorry you had a rough time with this tournament. I appreciate your feedback. Believe it or not, I am still interested in hosting more tournaments in the future. I think it is safe to assume that you will not be around next time. That is reasonable. But I will definitely incorporate your feedback next time I try this.

To be honest, hosting this tournament at all was a mistake. I simply am not fortunate enough to have the free time necessary to run something like this. I just wanted to help the community and an IRL friend suggested I do something with some of my adsense money. Ultimately, I was too ambitious but I hope you know that I honestly did my best.

And to everyone else that did not enjoy yourselves this weekend, I am sincerely sorry for wasting your time.

BTW what do you mean by the avatar thing? My skype default picture is a penguin and my Squidboards default pic is my channel logo.

scarth

Senior Squid
@scarth thanks for the critique.
Thank you for reading what I had to say, good luck. It's good to see you're determined to improve.

...Sorry, by BI did you mean blooper ink?
Yes Blooper Ink.
Proof http://puu.sh/kyRgB/6cc5a5d3a7.png
You can see that Choke Squad gave Squid Box some trouble, and Lemon's Squad gave SSS some trouble, while SSC and BI both lost 3-0.

Excuse me? I'll take some offence to that. I had skimmed your massive post, and I'll read it over at a later date..
Nowhere in my post did I say I was angry at Hank. I just said he did a bad job of running this, and am providing feedback so it can be improved next time and for other hosts. Plenty of teams were also formed on the spot for Booyah Battle, but the key difference is that they knew what they were doing with communication. Discord is a part of this, I think. It's equally the hosts and the captains faults for failing to be fast and clear with communicating. You'll see in my post (http://puu.sh/kyMFL/9e0651cdda.png) this screenshot which has an IU tagged player. This was the player I mentioned that decided to 'play later' without being aware of the round timings.

The purpose of the tournament is irrelevant. Hank has something to gain directly from this (subscribers, twitch followers - I noticed his twitch follower count increased by about 100 over the course of the finals) while TeaMaker got nothing in return for his efforts. So no, Hank didn't do the best he could. I've assisted in running tournaments online before and it's nowhere as difficult as you make it out to be.

Hey man. I am sorry you had a rough time with this tournament.
We must've hit submit simultaneously.

I intend to participate in whatever tournaments are offered as long as I have time and a team to play with. Thank you for reading my post and taking my feedback, I'm also glad you seem to be expressing remorse now, even if your twitter doesn't reflect that.. Keep in mind though that it wasn't just me who had a rough time, but many of the other players as well. If you want to have a stronger presence for something like this, you should work with TeaMaker.

Also, thanks for suspending me from chat last weekend for asking if you were ********, that made me laugh.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom