7.0.0 patch notes

EnbySquid

Inkling
Premium
Pronouns
they/them
It's definitely light on balance changes, sadly.

It's good to see them continue to develop Tournament Manager, and I'm a big fan of the Splatfest balance changes (points for second place in each category, and taking points away from popularity in favor of the sneak peek). This change is also cool to see, I know a lot of people were disappointed about this:

• Added dedicated poses to the Reppin' Inkopolis emote for when the player is equipping dualies, brellas, stringers, or splatanas.

Egomouse

Full Squid
NNID
Egomouse
Switch Friend Code
SW-1058-0470-2243
Free the Reef-Lux but anyways, cool about more poses to Reppin' Inkopolis and making far away mobs in Salmon Run reduced animations. Maybe high EVP Bay will be slightly more playable.
Not sure about the Splatfest new point system, just gonna have to see if it changes future Splatfests results.

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
yeah, the additional content changes and additions are really great i think. the lack of balance changes really burns though, especially when so many of these bad kits that got added could have been significantly better with minor buffs (splashdown 70 damage outer radius, wavebreaker 60 damage beams, screen... literally anything idk man)

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
I am beyond the point to be looking at positives.

This is just pure trash outside of QoL that should have existed in the first place.
Swig gets a nothing buff, Mini gets a nothinger buff, Glooga gets a minor good buff, REEF-LUX gets an unnecessary nerf, Gal gets a special points reversion nerf, and Enperries get higher special points than vanilla Splash.

Zero Sub changes.
Zero Special changes outside of Salmon Run Reefslider. No Screen or Splashdown buffs.
No nerfs to Pencil.

The one part of the update I care about most and it affects a grand total of 6 weapons with only one positive change.
We only get these patches every one and a half months, and it's this pathetic?
This is not good.

Grushi

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-1492-1491-3432
At this point it feels like they aren't even trying to fix anything outside of turf war lol.
But hey STAMPER NOUVEAU HYPE LET'S GOOOOOO

McSquid82

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
He/him
NNID
Ewel
Switch Friend Code
SW-7398-4915-8969
The only reason I can think of for nerfing the Reef-lux is because of tap shot spam. From a developer standpoint, I think they want you to use the charged shot more by hitting in the ink tank when not using it. Another thing I find interesting is the renaming of the now Splatana Stamper Nouveau when it used to be Neo. I wonder if that was a translation error or if it was intentional and the localization team got overruled.

Grushi

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-1492-1491-3432
Honestly the patch having only 6 changes with basically nothing of importance is very funny at first but man is it crazy how the devs seemingly don't even care about making it better, like yup, it's not hot garbage, cool...
No sub weapon buffs... no special changes... Just gotta make sure koshien sees some weapon variety and that's it. Sighhh

MandatoryCatalyst

Pro Squid
Pronouns
Any
Switch Friend Code
SW-2709-1571-0800
I am unbelieveably excited for the adjustable gear. Like unreasonably so. I've been hyped beyond all BELIEF for the fact we'll be able to adjust our glasses, but the fact they mention HOODIES? I LOVE hoodies and I will be SO happy if we can put the hoods up or something, whatever the adjustment is gonna be for them. Like genuinely I'm unreasonably happy over silly gear adjustment that that is what is defining the patch notes for me, nothing else (Not counting Side Order since thats its own thing). Watch out world I'm gonna be able to have my favorite pair of glasses on my head instead of my eyes!

isaac4

Inkling Cadet
This patch is a joke, balance wise of course.
It's expected but I was hoping that despite all the issues this season had, the balance patch would be fine enough.
My expectations were already low and I'm still disappointed but now that we basically know what next season will offer, I can be confident in thinking that whatever they add and change later on won't have a big, positive impact on the game.
Just gonna hope Side Order will be really fun and repayable.

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
Another thing I find interesting is the renaming of the now Splatana Stamper Nouveau when it used to be Neo. I wonder if that was a translation error or if it was intentional and the localization team got overruled.
i believe it was originally a translation error. after all, the stamper has been Nouveau brand this whole time, it has the Nouveau sticker and everything, they just called it the wrong thing for some reason

and regarding the balance changes, i do want to be fair and point out that the seasonal patches have generally had significantly less balance changes than the mid-season patches. the last season that actually made several significant changes was last summer with version 4.0, which buffed snipewriter and tacticooler, and nerfed stamper and machine. i don't think we ever should have gotten our hopes that high that this season's patch would have changed a ton anyway, even if some of the new kits could really have used it

isaac4

Inkling Cadet
i believe it was originally a translation error. after all, the stamper has been Nouveau brand this whole time, it has the Nouveau sticker and everything, they just called it the wrong thing for some reason

and regarding the balance changes, i do want to be fair and point out that the seasonal patches have generally had significantly less balance changes than the mid-season patches. the last season that actually made several significant changes was last summer with version 4.0, which buffed snipewriter and tacticooler, and nerfed stamper and machine. i don't think we ever should have gotten our hopes that high that this season's patch would have changed a ton anyway, even if some of the new kits could really have used it
I get that but midseason patch also sucked so that's why I'm being very harsh on this patch as well, especially with it being close to the end of the 2 year update cycle.
I'm not confident on them supporting the game for much longer after they're done adding content and that future balance patches will be anything more than a few 10 pfs buffs and some smaller buffs for weaker weapons that won't address their main issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom