• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

A casuals guide to the Vroller

Weapons A casuals guide to the Vroller

squidokiddo

Inkling
Pronouns
he/he/he
squidokiddo submitted a new resource:

A casuals guide to the Vroller - Stats, Strats, and a 3rd thing, all for the Vroller

All data and numbers are from Inkipedia, so if anything's wrong, blame them

Basics:
The Splat Roller (Vroller) is a weapon with 2 firing modes. the horizontal flick, which hits a 30-ish degree angle in front of you and takes 21 frames to fire, and the vertical flick, accessed by jumping, sending a long line of ink in front of you after 26 frames. The calling card for the Vroller, and the entire roller class, is its OHKO hit box, which, while inconsistent, is a very useful tool for getting...
Read more about this resource...

Sorcerer

Senior Squid
NNID
JiveSoulBro
Here's what I have to say.

1. Inkipedia has limits. I love a stat dump as much as the next guy but I've always endeavored to state how the data applies practically. Though lifting Splat Roller takes 21 frames, there are extra start-up frames when swinging from squid state, raising the Time to Splat at close range to 35 frames, and even more accounting for ink travel velocity. I'm using the excellent Splatoon 3 weapon sheet from Shadó for extra details.

2. Don't recommend both Ninja Squid and Haunt, for obvious reasons. When guide writing, you must suggest one strategy when two paths conflict.

3. "Shark" on ledges isn't really a thing. Sharking is the process of looking at your target through an imaginary reticle as you swim unseen, then fire your weapon. You're referring to the brush shot (at least that's how I call it), the process of pressing ZR then B, so as to jump with a horizontal swing to sweep the ledge.

4. There's no spacing with how you describe it. You're referring to ambushing, and never attacking from front. Because you indeed will get splat during your swing otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom