• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

A Complete Splatoon Weapons Tier List! (WIP)

Umbriel_Umbra

Full Squid
NNID
umbrella720
Now this is looking like something! Here's my two cents...

-The custom E-Liter isn't that bad, though. While the vanilla one outshines it, it can still place beakons to let allies quickly regroup and use Kraken to ward off ambushes. Not brilliant, but it's good for the few people who can't afford a damage-up build just yet to make use of the burst bombs.
-The Sploosh needs to stay all the way at the bottom, FOREVER
-While rapid blaster is way better at tower control due to it's ability to splat at uphill angles, it's not exactly S tier material just yet.
-Likewise, Luna Blaster is great and not just at Tower Control, too. I've seen a lot of players be really great with it.
-I'd consider Kelp Charger to be (slightly) better than the regular splat charger. Sprinkler lets it ink up turf simultaneously and Wail can be activated from a safe distance while Bomb Rush needs to be up close. It's slightly outclassed by the raw splatting power of the E-Liter, but the Kelp is way better at turfing. I'd also consider scopes to be better than the regular chargers since they have more range with the only tradeoff of it being less mobile (and slightly disorienting up close).
Tentatek Octoshot is A+ rank at best. Rapid Blaster is not S Rank in Tower. Luna Blaster is at least A rank, if not higher.
Uhhhhh....

UHHHHHHHH.

This is for Turf Wars right? xD Just wanna clarify before I begin making edits, because I know I specifically directed anyone who was gonna make suggestions to do so only for Turf Wars, but I dunno... some people miss that =/ So just to make sure- clarify that your making suggestions for whatever game mode you're doing so for in your reply.

Edit: Although I can distinct some cues of which game modes you two are talking about in both of your replies, it's still hard to tell with most of your suggestions, so I would highly appreciate it if you made your replies in a format that would show what you're talking about, i.e.:

Turf Wars:
-43R0SPRAY5 R T3 BE5T 4ND 3V3RYTH1NG 3LS3 1S G4RB4GE.
-Use Scope Splat Chargers for melee combat and watch society crumble before your eyes.

Tower Control:
-Blasters everywhere. Anything else is just asking to die.
-This mode is just a crappier version of Rain Maker, don't even bother with it!
-This list is complete and utter crap, and I disagree with everything you have to say, meaning your opinion is null and void and I am the Splat God :cool:

^^^^^
Sarcastically comedically, only to showcase what I am referring to.

Last edited:

Marmalade

Full Squid
NNID
Marmalade
Turf WarsIs the Turf Wars tier list solely based on how good a weapon is with inking turf, or do other factors also play a role?

If it is the former (which it should be for a Turf War tier list) I would put the Inkbrush in S rank.
Not only does it ink turf like crazy, it also has sprinklers and the Inkstrike. While it isn't good at killing, with training, even this can be overcome. Or just don't engage in fights and continue to ink turf.

Umbriel_Umbra

Full Squid
NNID
umbrella720
Turf WarsIs the Turf Wars tier list solely based on how good a weapon is with inking turf, or do other factors also play a role?

If it is the former (which it should be for a Turf War tier list) I would put the Inkbrush in S rank.
Not only does it ink turf like crazy, it also has sprinklers and the Inkstrike. While it isn't good at killing, with training, even this can be overcome. Or just don't engage in fights and continue to ink turf.
While some other factors do determine a weapon's rank, such as kill factor and other generic things, you are correct when you say that inking turf is the main factor, and I shall definitely take your suggestion into consideration as to moving the Inkbrush up! I believe it's at A though, so the most I could put it in is A+. It does have a weak kill factor, and is usually outranged and/or gunned, which is what prevents it from being top tier, although I'd definitely wager to say it's up there!

Zero Emission

Inkster Jr.
Uhhhhh....

UHHHHHHHH.

This is for Turf Wars right? xD Just wanna clarify before I begin making edits, because I know I specifically directed anyone who was gonna make suggestions to do so only for Turf Wars, but I dunno... some people miss that =/ So just to make sure- clarify that your making suggestions for whatever game mode you're doing so for in your reply.

Edit: Although I can distinct some cues of which game modes you two are talking about in both of your replies, it's still hard to tell with most of your suggestions, so I would highly appreciate it if you made your replies in a format that would show what you're talking about, i.e.:
Is this what you want?

Tentatek:

Splatzone: A
Tower: A
RM: A-

Rapid Blaster:

Splatzone: A- (deco), B (regular)
Tower: A- (both)
RM: A- (deco), B+ (regular)

Luna Blaster:

Tower: S
RM: A+

Umbriel_Umbra

Full Squid
NNID
umbrella720
Is this what you want?

Tentatek:

Tower: A
RM: A-

Rapid Blaster:

Splatzone: A- (deco), B (regular)
Tower: A- (both)
RM: A- (deco), B+ (regular)

Luna Blaster:

Tower: S
RM: A+
Yeah! Something like that! And thank you very much, I'll take these into consideration, although to add to your list I would have a little description next to each tier listing explaining as to why you think that weapon should go in ___ Tier for ___ mode.

Zero Emission

Inkster Jr.
Yeah! Something like that! And thank you very much, I'll take these into consideration, although to add to your list I would have a little description next to each tier listing explaining as to why you think that weapon should go in ___ Tier for ___ mode.
Tentatek
- Splatzone: Good for Inkzooka spam, but the gun itself makes it very hard to make a change in momentum when Inkzooka is out.
- Tower: Suction Bomb clears tower, Inkzooka does Inkzooka. Strafing the tower is better done on other main weapons. Again, its sub and special carry it.
- Rainmaker: doesn't spread enough ink and mediocre range. Again, it's a solid weapon pick that does a lot of things well, but nothing spectacularly. Luna Blasters and Forge Pro do Inkzooka better. I honestly do not think Suction Bomb is all that good outside of tower.

Rapid Blaster:
- Splatzone: Bomb Rush provides invaluable offensive pressure when you do not have the zone, I daresay it's even better than Inkzooka in Zones. The blaster itself has good range and weakens foes from a distance for teammates to move in for the kill. Bubbler is decent but Custom Blaster/Splattershot Jr. does it better. Deco has Suction Bomb Rush and decent range that makes it a viable alternative to the Splash-o-matic.
- Tower: Not a bad pick, but when other blasters exist there is little reason to use this over the others. Except maybe if you like Suction Bomb Rush, which does make for some very good tower pushes.
- Rainmaker: Its bad TTK hurt it in RM. You often don't have time to land the second (or third, because it happens) shot, especially in the situation when you have to neutralize the RM quickly while teammates are down.

Luna Blaster:
- Splatzone: Its corner pressure is quite amazing for controling certain areas outside of the Zones for most maps. Because of solid map control capabilities, it makes regaining the Zones that much easier. Inkzooka is the cherry on top.
- Tower: Can use the tower as an amazing cover to apply pressure on the enemies. Can force people off the tower quickly and score multiple splats when people are bunched up. Inkzooka and Inkmines round out the great weapon.
- Rainmaker: Again, corner pressure and area control to make great use of covers. Ink Mines are good at pressuring the RM at choke points. Inkzooka does Inkzooka.

Doar

Inkling
NNID
OwenAR
Hey I don't mean to nag, but could you make a list for Rainmaker? You are kinda my go to person for tier lists. Also did you get the game this holiday? If so are you enjoying it?

Squiddy778

Inkling
NNID
slkdfjsdfjhsl
I would like to join in the very few brush supporters, especially the Octobrush. This may be slightly biased due to my personal preference, however, I would advise you to take my rants into consideration, for I can assure you that there are many professionals that share my views. There are three different positions a team could be in: where you are pressing into their base and basically spawn-camping, where you have established a foothold relatively equal to the opposing teams, and when you are practically being camped yourself.

The brushes are one of the most reliable weapons for the former two. The squid beacons allow easy access to great vantage points for other weapons and a safe super-jumping position. They are one of the most underrated subs in the game. The Kraken provides an undeniable advantage in almost all game modes. They are almost a guaranteed capture of the tower or kill of the Rainmaker. They are the quickest killing weapons bested only by the gals and rollers/chargers, and the last two are debatable due to their charge time and wind-up. Their sadistic range is made up for by their specials which generally grant invincibility.

Also, their ability to become the quickest rollers in the game allow an easy way to escape from any fierce competitors. Brushes can easily dodge two or three opponents for a while, not only providing a distraction in which your team can carry the Rainmaker further, ink the splat zone, or run the tower, but also giving the brush an easy exit to splat another day.

It is also the absolute perfect noob weapon. They come into the game with little fluency of the controls and even worse accuracy. The brushes provide almost 180 degree coverage and at least a trade-off with kills when snuck up on. They don't need to be in the front lines brawling the level 50 with a .52 Gal, but can instead hide and surprise them when they kill of your front lines. Combined with some mid-game gear like Ninja Squid, it makes a powerful ambush weapon.

I'd say one of its few flaws are that they aren't all that helpful in Tower Control. They make quite the melee weapon, however, they should rank low on the TC list due to their range. It is not nearly as dangerous as, say, a Luna Blaster, because you can't splat the top of the tower as efficiently unless if you drop from above. I would drop it lower, possibly a B-.

Overall, I think the brushes should be bumped up to at least a solid A Rank if not further in Splat Zones, Rainmaker, and Turf War. I am personally an S+ Rank that can vouch for the usefulness of (most) brushes, and definitely the Octobrush. While other weapons may have superior range and fire power, none of it helps them if they can't catch you or react quick enough to stop you.

SplatoonisBagels

Inkster Jr.
NNID
joje02
I'm not sure if the thread is dead yet but here are my thoughts about a Splatoon tier list:
All weapons when you know how to use them

Thoughts aside, rather than making this a tier list, I would make it a tier list based on skill level or learning curve. For example, the S rank might be Lunas and the Krak-On Roller because they are quite easy in simplicity and many players can pick them up. C or B might become a Hydra Splatling because of players not knowing how to use its long range and power effectively and lastly, the Nozzlenoses and Inkbrushes might be C because they have a high learning curve. Other than that, I really like how there are classifications for both ranked modes and turf war.

MeTaGross

Inkling Cadet
If you ever get to it, just know the mini splatling is highly underrated (I think). I almost never see it in any mode, and it is very good in turf war. It has the same sub and special as the Tentatek splatershot, so it is doing well there. It charges fully in under a second, so that is not a huge liability. Lastly, it covers ground very quickly. Back to the Tentatek, it shoots much faster and only needs one more hit to kill, so it works very well offensively. I used it on team red in the red vs. blue pokemon splatfest, and I only had one battle with less than 700 points. This is all turf war, I haven't used it in ranked yet. Luna blaster is super good too.

Umbriel_Umbra

Full Squid
NNID
umbrella720
Hey I don't mean to nag, but could you make a list for Rainmaker? You are kinda my go to person for tier lists. Also did you get the game this holiday? If so are you enjoying it?
Ok sorry for this random reply, many months later but.... 1.) I will!!! At the time that I made this tier list, Rainmaker wasn't even a thing, but I'm back on these forums now so yup. 2.) YES!!! I got it soon after I made this list and enjoyed it ever since. I've played it very regularly, and I actually just recently hit lv 50, and a bit longer ago, S Rank :) Btw I think I will make a new post with this same tier list but tweaked and updated with ALL the guns, so look out for that! I'll let you know when it's up.

Umbriel_Umbra

Full Squid
NNID
umbrella720
I'm not sure if the thread is dead yet but here are my thoughts about a Splatoon tier list:
All weapons when you know how to use them

Thoughts aside, rather than making this a tier list, I would make it a tier list based on skill level or learning curve. For example, the S rank might be Lunas and the Krak-On Roller because they are quite easy in simplicity and many players can pick them up. C or B might become a Hydra Splatling because of players not knowing how to use its long range and power effectively and lastly, the Nozzlenoses and Inkbrushes might be C because they have a high learning curve. Other than that, I really like how there are classifications for both ranked modes and turf war.
Ok this thread has been a little dead for a little while, but I'm back now, and in response: Yeah, I get what you mean about any weapon being good with it being in a good player's hands, but after I create a new post with a new tier list, I think I am going to focus the actual rankings on two things: 1.) Learning Curve, as you mentioned (i.e. Tentakek > Nozzlenose, because who uses those things amirite lol jk soz), and 2.) Ability to Play Objective (i.e. Aerospray > Nozzlenose in Turf War because man I'm so sorry for Nozzlenose mains haha). And I NEED to add Rainmaker, as I've said before, and I'll just say this...

I lowkey main the Sploosh in that mode, after bashing it for so long in this thread xD

Umbriel_Umbra

Full Squid
NNID
umbrella720
If you ever get to it, just know the mini splatling is highly underrated (I think). I almost never see it in any mode, and it is very good in turf war. It has the same sub and special as the Tentatek splatershot, so it is doing well there. It charges fully in under a second, so that is not a huge liability. Lastly, it covers ground very quickly. Back to the Tentatek, it shoots much faster and only needs one more hit to kill, so it works very well offensively. I used it on team red in the red vs. blue pokemon splatfest, and I only had one battle with less than 700 points. This is all turf war, I haven't used it in ranked yet. Luna blaster is super good too.
Ok I don't have quite a lot of experience with this weapon, but long story short: I only see it being viable in Turf War. Of course it's got something, because it has a set like the Tentatek, and the Zink version is even better! But, in any other mode... what are you to do? The Tentatek would honestly outclass it in anything else as it's shooter class lends itself to, well, everything ranked battles require (mostly kills > turf). And as far as Luna Blasters -- yeah, they're great man. Especially the Neo with friggin bombs everywhere. Talk about ink-rain-hell.

Umbriel_Umbra

Full Squid
NNID
umbrella720
TO EVERYONE WHO HAS REPLIED TO THIS THREAD WITH SUGGESTIONS: I HAVE MADE A NEW ONE IN HOPES OF CREATING A MORE UPDATED VERSION OF THESE TIER LISTS, AND I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT IF ANY OF YOU WENT OVER TO THERE AND MADE MORE SUGGESTIONS!!! Thanks.

http://squidboards.com/threads/a-decently-fair-splatoon-weapon-tier-list.25680/

EDIT: DON'T LISTEN TO THIS POST HAHA LOL

I ended up just copy-pasting my new tier lists onto this thread, and deleting that post I linked here, so just ignore what's above this; if you're looking for my tier lists, this thread is the right place! Sorry for any misunderstandings.

Last edited:

Asiate

Inkling
Squidboards - Error
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

http://squidboards.com/threads/a-decently-fair-splatoon-weapon-tier-list.25680/
I dunno, but I just get this error message. Am I not ranked high enough in this forum or what? I'd like to read through your analysis to get another approximate overview about all these weapons. (I know that most of them are kinda equal, but I feel like this tier lists are based on usage anyway; useful to prepare for common strats)

Maybe the thread was deleted or something...

Hikaru54

Pro Squid
NNID
Dillator
The cringe when you read this after the Meta has developed. "Sploosh needs to stay at the bottom! FOREVER!"

Umbriel_Umbra

Full Squid
NNID
umbrella720
I dunno, but I just get this error message. Am I not ranked high enough in this forum or what? I'd like to read through your analysis to get another approximate overview about all these weapons. (I know that most of them are kinda equal, but I feel like this tier lists are based on usage anyway; useful to prepare for common strats)

Maybe the thread was deleted or something...
You know what? What I ended up doing instead of having that new thread was copy-pasting my new tier lists onto this old one, and I actually got rid of that linked thread! I gotta edit that post on here and make sure nobody is directed to dead ends...

So as it stands, you're in the right place! This thead has the most current tier lists I have.

Last edited:

Umbriel_Umbra

Full Squid
NNID
umbrella720
The cringe when you read this after the Meta has developed. "Sploosh needs to stay at the bottom! FOREVER!"
Haha, yeah... when I first made this thread, it was the first month into Splatoon's release and I didn't even have the game yet. I then came back to it early this year and added all the new weapon as well as completely refining it, but one of my few schticks was about the Sploosh, since it didn't seem all that great...

And now, as you can see from my signature, I main the Sploosh in Rainmaker XD

But tbh this list still needs a lot of work, and it's missing an entire mode, so please, I encourage you to make any suggestions you have for the modes that do have tier lists! (I really gotta move the Sploosh up, it's counterparts are especially good!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom