• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

A Glitch in the Digital Realm (IC)

Cephalobro

You or someone you know has been Sanitized, the Memverse, an app that Marina herself has developed received many updates since its official release, adding more variety of possible floors to the Spire of Order depending on who ascends it as well as giving the floors clear names.

However, a glitch in the system has been discovered, no one knows where this glitch came from, but it's a dangerous glitch that can destabilize the entire Memverse and forcefully change those who are ascending the Spire of Order. Will you find the origin of the glitch and put a stop to it before it causes too much damage?

(Also, you can have a few posts before actually getting into the Memverse if you want.)

__Before Coral and Clam went to the Memverse__

"It's crazy that the Sanitized problem resurfaces in the first place!" Coral tells Clam as he and his brother go through Kamabo Co.'s various rooms to find the source of Sanitization.

"I know, but I'm sure that this time, General Anemone will have a way to permanently end this problem once and for all." Clam replies as he notices a particular room marked 'Memory Drainer' on the door.

Without further words, the two brothers went into the door and they noticed a weapon of sorts that looked like a sort of cannon that would need to be manually reloaded. Before Coral and Clam could investigate it, they were ambushed by some robed figures who actually weren't Sanitized at all.

"Carp!" Coral yells out as he starts using his Octo Shot to shoot at the robed enemies.

"These people are definitely responsible for the Sanitization of others!" Clam says as he starts attacking the robed enemies.

However, more of the robed enemies started coming out of the shadows, they managed to grab Coral to keep him in place. They hold his arms and legs in place as they knock the Octo Shot from his hand.

"Ack!" Coral yelps as he struggles to free himself from the grips of the enemies.

"Don't worry Coral, I'll help you!" Clam says as he attacks the robed people who are blocking his way to Coral.

One of the robed people is seen loading the cannon, then activating it, the cannon is taking time to charge up. Clam is close to making it to Coral to save him. However, the cannon fires as Clam slams his body against Coral to push him out of the way of the blast, knocking down the robed enemies that held the previously helpless Octoling in the process.

"Clam, no!" Coral yells out as he sees his Octotrooper brother get hit with the shot.

After witnessing his own brother being Sanitized, something inside snapped, Coral was furious now, he threw punches and kicks at the robed enemies like nothing had seen before, finishing them off with the Octo Shot with no second thought. The robed enemies in the room were wiped out, but he then heard thousands of footsteps drawing near, this was the time to leave, report to General Anemone about the source and the casualty, and find a way to reverse the Sanitization.

"W-we n-need to g-get out of here." Coral tells Clam, tears in his eyes.

"As you command." Clam responds in a non-feeling tone, defaulting to just listening to what Coral says.

"J-just, f-follow me..." Coral says one final time before deciding to leave Kamabo Co.

Coral promptly grabbed Clam by the tip of the tentacle with his left hand while keeping the Octo Shot in his right hand, then immediately started running out of the complex to escape the oncoming robed people, Clam following close behind him. Coral wished to fight all of them, but he knew that if he became Sanitized too, no one would report the findings to General Anemone. Out of nowhere, Mem Cakes appeared in Coral's pockets, he felt them appearing but kept his focus on escaping the complex with both Clam and the Octo Shot, shooting ink at some of the robed figures who were trying to capture and Sanitize him.

Hikarimoon

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Meanwhile…
Back at the Memverse Agents 5 & 6 are talking about the glitch that six stared.
“You really need to stop trying to find some sorta way to destroy everything!”
“Well it wasn’t my FAULT, you NGYES!”
(Btw 6 and 5 argue a lot.)
Suddenly they crossed paths with Coral.

Cephalobro

Coral promptly reported what was found and what happened while General Anemone listened, then he and Clam were dismissed from the meeting with the Octohurler general.

__After getting to the Memverse__

Coral and Clam are in the Memverse, crossing paths with Agents 5 and 6.

"Uhh hey, I heard this place can reverse the Sanitization." Coral talks to the Agents as he feels his normal clothes fade into a new outfit entirely, the Order Replica Gear. "What the, this definitely wasn't what I was wearing before."

Last edited:

Hikarimoon

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Coral promptly reported what was found and what happened while General Anemone listened, the he and Clam were dismissed from the meeting with the Octohurler general.

__After getting to the Memverse__

Coral and Clam are in the Memverse, crossing paths with Agents 5 and 6.

"Uhh hey, I heard this place can reverse the Sanitization." Coral talks to the Agents as he feels his normal clothes fade into a new outfit entirely, the Order Replica Gear. "What the, this definitely wasn't what I was wearing before."
“Yeahhhh, about that….” Six replies, “I’m wearing one too! The thing is is that it looks like I’m wearing a straitjacket!”
After that, five and Coral have a talk about what happened while six looks around.

Cephalobro

"So, my brother and I were on a mission to investigate the recent Sanitization that was happening to those who went to close to the Deep Sea Metro, Octarian search parties then later found the Sanitized victims and took them to the Octarian hospital to reverse the Sanitization, but the supplies ran out before my brother could get the help, so I came here with him to reverse the Sanitization." Coral explains to Agent 5, pointing to Clam who's now a Sanitized Octotrooper.

Hikarimoon

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
“Yeahhhh, about that….” Six replies, “I’m wearing one too! The thing is is that it looks like I’m wearing a straitjacket!”
After that, five and Coral have a talk about what happened while six looks around.
Six picks up Clam and messes around with him. Then, after a little while, six ends up throwing him.
“SIXXXXXX, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!!!!”
Five whispers,
“THAT WAS CORALS BROTHER!!!”
“But he didn’t do anything.”
“THATS BECAUSE HES SANITIZED YOU DING DONG!!!!!!!!!”
Coral stares at them as they shout whisper at each other.
After a while, Five decides that they should head to the top of the spire to save Splatsville from Blankmatron and reverse Clam’s sanitization.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

Coral runs over to Clam to check if he's okay.

"If you hurt Clam again, I'm pulling the Octo Shot on you, do you understand?" Coral warns, he's still angry and sad that the Sanitization happened. After seeing Blankmatron, Coral grabs Clam by the tip of the tentacle and promptly runs into the Spire of Order. "Clam, we need to get inside of the Spire of Order!"

"As your command." Clam says, with a non-feeling tone, still doing just what Coral says.

Hikarimoon

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
In the spire…
Coral and six are at the first floor, which seems to be a portal destroying mode.
When they drop from their cages, a horde of black-inked, doll like fish things come at them, assumingly coming from the portal.
“What is that?” Coral asks.
“Well…” six replies, “Those are Jeletons, dudes originally designed by Marina to help people, but are now just enemies designed to drive Agent 8(s) out of the spire. So I’m Agent 8.2 and you’re Agent 8.1. Get it?”
“…”
“Ok, time to kick some jeletonal butt!!!”

Cephalobro

Coral looks back at Clam, then back at the Jelleton portals.

"Right..." Coral says as he readies his Octo Shot and starts shooting ink at the approaching Jelletons, making his way towards the portal spawning them. Clam just watches him splat the portals, blank expression and all.

Hikarimoon

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
When they get back to the spire, Coral and five talk about how Clams doing.
“So do you remember exactly who did it?”
“I don’t remember except for some cloaked figures… but I remember trying to splat them, but by then… it was too late…”
”I’m sorry.”
Six interups,
“I, personally, have never had a friend sanitized.
In fact, I’d be more worried about jeletons than octarainians, am I right?”
Five gets out his charger and splats six.
“Anyways, I thought Commander Tartars gone?”
“I think this means that someone, somebody is out there…”

Cephalobro

"Well, I did report this to the one who sent Clam and me on the mission to investigate the recent Sanitization that happened." Coral says, "I promptly reported what I saw down there so an attack could be launched against Kamabo Co. so these Sanitizations can end once and for all."

Clam once again just stood there, looking at Coral, then Five, then Six, and then back at Coral again.

Hikarimoon

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
"Well, I did report this to the one who sent Clam and me on the mission to investigate the recent Sanitization that happened." Coral says, "I promptly reported what I saw down there so an attack could be launched against Kamabo Co. so these Sanitizations can end once and for all."

Clam once again just stood there, looking at Coral, then Five, then Six, and then back at Coral again.
9 floors later…
“It seems that we reached… uhhh… Intenseif-
WAIT WHATTTTTTT!!!!”
“What’s wrong?”
“ITS FREAKING PARALLEL CANON!!!! GAH THOSE JERKS ALWAYS GET ME! EVERY. SINGLE. TIME!!!!!!”
“Okk, calm down.”
As the boss intro starts, six notices that something is off.
First of all, they have crazy broken weapons because of her hero Octo shot, and the main one is wearing actual hero armor.
“What’s with the drones?” Coral asks.
“Ugh, it’s this thing that tracks you and stuff. Apparently the only way to get it is if you know off the hook, but I have no clue who they are and yaada yaada yaada LETS GET STARTED.”
Clam once again just lifelessly stares at them

Cephalobro

Coral jumps into battle, intending to splat the Parallel Canon in order to move to the next floor.

"Why do these things sound like Inklings?" Coral asks as he splats one of the drones.

Cephalobro

As Coral fights the drones, a second drone with a different hairstyle appears, this one has the voice of a male Inkling.

"Whoa, is the Memverse connected to different realities or something?" Coral asks as he keeps fighting the drones that keep coming.

Hikarimoon

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
As Coral fights the drones, a second drone with a different hairstyle appears, this one has the voice of a male Inkling.

"Whoa, is the Memverse connected to different realities or something?" Coral asks as he keeps fighting the drones that keep coming.
“Yeah, I guess order just took random inklings souls and stuffed em in a creepy thing”

Hikarimoon

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
After Coral and Six splat all of the Jeletonal clones, a meta chip fragment appears, replacing the common key.
“Now what is that?” Coral asks.
“This must be one of the leftovers from the Blankverse since they remember me…”

Cephalobro

Coral takes the chip fragment and heads back to the elevator, Clam just following him inside.

"Whew, this was the hardest battle I have fought so far." Coral says. "At least we are a step closer to returning Clam to normal."

Hikarimoon

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Coral takes the chip fragment and heads back to the elevator, Clam just following him inside.

"Whew, this was the hardest battle I have fought so far." Coral says. "At least we are a step closer to returning Clam to normal."
“Well, wait till we fight Blankmatron. That guy’s a beast.”
Coral gulps.
Five asks them how it went, and six rambles on about everything.

10 floors later…
“Kkkkk, this seems to be Elusive-Bonder.Floor.
Yusssssssss I am hungry.”
“Uhhhhh, what does that have to do with this?”
“You’ll see.” Six maniacally laughs.
Five tells her;
“SIX, NOW IS NOT THE TIME TO BE ACTING EVIL.”
“Ok, five.”
Clam does absolutely nothing.
When the battle starts, six automatically heads towards the Marciale, with an intention of eating it.
“SIX WHAT ARE YOU DOING!” Five says.
“I’m going to eat sea urchin pudding of course.”
Coral just rolls his eyes and fights the Marciale

Cephalobro

Coral pulls out his Octo Shot and starts shooting at the Pinging Marciale.

"This is the weirdest day I have ever experienced." Coral knocks the Pinging Marciale around the arena a bit, only noticing incremental damage being done to the boss. "This is going to take all day!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom