A moment of silence for the foil flingza roller and the new dread wringer...

Grushi

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-1492-1491-3432
The new kits got revealed:
- Foil flingza has suction bomb and splattercolor screen
- Dread wringer has squid beakon and wave breaker

A moment of silence for what could have been... Foil flingza with suction bomb and inkjet, an extremely fun aggressive kit that would have given it a brand new playstyle, and fully realized its true potential as a hybrid weapon.

Dread wringer with torpedo, a fantastic combo sub that's versatile, would allow it to combo off of any source of damage, and for its special, tacticooler, for a supportive aoe weapon with great paint and unique angles, or crab tank, a reliable entry tool that would be a perfect way to deal with long range threats.

Suffice to say I'm disappointed by these kits because they could have easily been so, so much better and more fun for weapons that deserve it
(The dread kit is okay ig but it's still cursed with a weak special great.)

Linneus

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Linneus
Switch Friend Code
SW-4891-1092-0917
Admittedly, I'm completely torn, I am perfectly 50/50 on "These are all the kits and we're about to see two Splashdowns on Monday and that's it" and "There's at least one bonus Snipewriter-style kit and it's Custom Hydra and it's got Splashdown".

If neither of these happens, I'm gonna do a backflip, but only out of sheer shock at the low probability.

Grushi

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-1492-1491-3432
Admittedly, I'm completely torn, I am perfectly 50/50 on "These are all the kits and we're about to see two Splashdowns on Monday and that's it" and "There's at least one bonus Snipewriter-style kit and it's Custom Hydra and it's got Splashdown".

If neither of these happens, I'm gonna do a backflip, but only out of sheer shock at the low probability.
If custom hydra gets triple splashdown I will eat an entire octopus with chopsticks out of SPITE

cipsbsndj

Pro Squid
Pronouns
he/they
Switch Friend Code
SW-0937-9859-6660
I personally wouldn’t hate Wave Brekaer on dread if it got Torpedo as its sub, but suffice to say, my heart is broken

GayShark

Inkling
The two kits I was most eager for. At least dread is usable while being underwhelming, flingza is just banned from every tournament now

isaac4

Inkling Cadet
There are two screen weapons! You think E-Liter isn't #1 candidate for second Splashdown?
Mostly joking but yeah, I can see E-Liter TSD after the mess of kit reveals these past few days
I hope they wouldn't but unless they're hiding another weapon kit, it might just be over

McSquid82

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
He/him
NNID
Ewel
Switch Friend Code
SW-7398-4915-8969
I won't be having any moments of silence, thank you very much. In fact I want to just hoop and holler, that's how happy I am for these kits. It's like every time a weapon gets a support sub or special, people just want to bag on it. News flash, some people like me actually love these weapons. I'm the type of person who actually mains weapons like the V Carbon, V Dapples and every other weapon like them specifically to prove players like ProChara and the rest of the competitive community who keep criticizing these weapons that they don't know what they're talking about. On top of that, I'd be willing to bet that I'm better at using any one of those "trash" weapons than they'll ever be, specifically because I know they'll never try them.

zyf_

Pro Squid
screen isnt even that bad of an idea if they ever buff the thing to be useful but man

dread is actually just dead in the water, that thing did NOT want beakon

legitimate question, did ANYONE here want beakon on dread? i don't even know where they could've gotten that idea from, i've never been so disappointed by a kit in my life
usually the stuff that we hate in comp could at least be interesting or useful in casual (e.g. cexplo) but who tf wanted a support kit on dread

DChachouke

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
she/her and they/them
Switch Friend Code
SW-6147-2273-1817
I won't be having any moments of silence, thank you very much. In fact I want to just hoop and holler, that's how happy I am for these kits. It's like every time a weapon gets a support sub or special, people just want to bag on it. News flash, some people like me actually love these weapons. I'm the type of person who actually mains weapons like the V Carbon, V Dapples and every other weapon like them specifically to prove players like ProChara and the rest of the competitive community who keep criticizing these weapons that they don't know what they're talking about. On top of that, I'd be willing to bet that I'm better at using any one of those "trash" weapons than they'll ever be, specifically because I know they'll never try them.
"every time a weapon gets a support sub or special, people just want to bag on it" the cooler meta literally exists homie. When people talk about viability of weapons, they don't mean casually. Casually speaking, you could play ANYTHING and it could work. But when you get into higher levels, these things fall appart cause they have weaknesses that are more exploitable than others'. And Flingza isn't even a question of how viable it is, it's just bad cause the special causes harm to players with sensory issues.
It's not a crime to want weapons to have viable kits, cause those kits tend to be more enjoyable since they objectively work betterin comp. Not to mention, most people that care about kits do so because they're in competitive and want a weapon that works. And some literally just want weapons with kits that synergize well with the main weapon without nessecarily being meta (Ex : New squiffer)
I understand disliking the meta, as it can be sometimes very restrictive, but I draw the line at not caring about kits when some people genuinely care about their weapons.

Last edited:

McSquid82

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
He/him
NNID
Ewel
Switch Friend Code
SW-7398-4915-8969
Dread Wringer D has what you would call a support kit. If you want to play hyper aggressively, than use than vanilla one. On top of that, nobody's taking balance patches into consideration. Everybody's favorite meta picks could get nerfed in one way or another, whether it's the main weapon or its kit. For example, V-Splash was the dominant weapon for for the first nine months and then look what happened. Its sub, special and the main weapon ALL got gutted and now the weapon has fallen out of S tier into A tier. Dynamo was considered borderline unplayable at the start of Splatoon 3, and look where it is now. Some issues still remain, but it's climbed up the tier lists quite a bit since then. My point is, you can't just point to today's meta use that as the basis for your argument. Every weapon in the game, whether it's main, sub, or special can be adjusted to improve its balance and competitive viability.

Linneus

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Linneus
Switch Friend Code
SW-4891-1092-0917
bro
literally zero people agree with you, but you know, if you're gonna have fun, glad you're having fun

let us know how far you climb with Dread Wringer D when it comes out (and no that's not an ironic statement-- i wanna know what you do with this weapon)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom