A serious discussion on the Clash Blaster

Sorcerer

Senior Squid
NNID
JiveSoulBro
It's an underrated weapon if you're serious about being the slayer of your team. Before the arrival of S-Blast, Clash had the largest explosion radius of any Blaster, ensuring something would get hit. You can say low TTS all you want, being able to guarantee damage is its own quality.

Now I never found a good build for Clash, especially not on Sendou. EVERYONE seems to think of Clash as a QR weapon, but it isn't. Simply because as a whole Clash lacks the overall abilities to work by itself. That poor ink trail between itself and its explosion means I gotta work on my mobility, and I've tried everything, including a superjump build.

I know I want Haunt, Stealth Jump and at the very least 9AP of Ink Saver Sub. I am heavily reliant on my bombs. Until now, I've been experimenting with 9AP Swim Speed, 9AP Ink Resistance (cuz I'm always standing and trading), QSJ, Special Saver and a Ink Recovery. The most reasonable change is -6ink res and -3swim speed for Comeback. I'm still not against adding more QSJ because jumping after a splat still seems like the safest option.

Anyone here SERIOUSLY into Clash?

Sorcerer

Senior Squid
NNID
JiveSoulBro
Haunt! An ability I heavily recommend to dedicated slayers! That I double recommend to blaster users! Anything that increases the value of my kills is a core ability.

kaasiand

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-5912-2184-1423
they should make thermal ink activate on indirects too so way more weapons (blasters, tringer, explo) get an actual reason to run the ability

jimjonjoe

Inkling
Haunt! An ability I heavily recommend to dedicated slayers! That I double recommend to blaster users! Anything that increases the value of my kills is a core ability.
wiper player here! haunt definitely has its uses, but the thing about it is that it only starts getting utility when the user dies. Not necessarily a bad thing - slayers tend to do a lot of dying, especially if their main goal is to be super aggressive.

that said, i feel like haunt requires quick respawn to get the most out of it - haunt's effect is lost if another one of your teammates gets the kill before you do, and to confirm those picks, you need to get back into the fight as fast as you can. clash struggles with that a lot - its mobility is lacking, even with bombs, and its chip damage-y nature means that your teammates are going to be confirming kills more often than you are. it's a serviceable ability on clash, but you're honestly just better off stacking more quick respawn so you can constantly be applying chip damage for your team.

ink resistance and super jump usually aren't something you want to stack more than two or three sub abilities on, since you start to get diminishing returns unless you stack a whole ton of it - and you're usually better off using abilities like swim speed, especially since you like using ninja squid.

The Knee

Full Squid
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-7739-4186-1690
Personally I believe that clash just doesnt do enough damage to play a reliable slayer role. The times that i've used it I have played more back and only pushed into fights that my teamates were in, and taken an odd position that probably no other weapon could take. I do agree mobility is fun on the weapon and can work for getting in and out of the weird positions it can take. As for haunt I think that this is not the weapon for that abiity.

Bits

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2573-6331-5817
Clash is out dps'd by basically every Frontline and midline weapons just outrange it, plus it's paint is awful, there are infinitely better options than clash, it's a skill check at best.

Alphine_Agnitio

Trans Bird Trans Bird 🏳‍⚧️
Switch Friend Code
SW-5178-8280-0912
Clash Blaster is just simply outclassed by too much.

Its time to kill is bad, its kit is okay but it doesn't paint enough to spam zookas so its flat out worse than Vshot in both time to kill paint efficiency and special output, and its extremely easy to play around if you have even a little bit of situational awareness.

I would much rather have a CDS, Wiper Deco, a Ttek, or even a Custom Blaster in the slot over Clash Blaster

fillet.

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-4238-5756-7104
Worst main weapon in the game, oops!

Suchi

The Eternal Dualie Squelchers User
Premium
Switch Friend Code
SW-3685-3474-1994
I don't like clash because I think it encourages bad habits like depending on AOE to kill. Once you start playing against people who know how to counter clash, you're gonna hit a huge wall that you'll have to train much harder to overcome those bad habits compared to if you picked up a shooter from the start.

ThestralZ

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1797-1352-6215
I don't like clash because I think it encourages bad habits like depending on AOE to kill. Once you start playing against people who know how to counter clash, you're gonna hit a huge wall that you'll have to train much harder to overcome those bad habits compared to if you picked up a shooter from the start.
Depending on AOE isn't a bad thing, range and machine both rely a lot on their AOE. Clash is a bad weapon meta wise, but it can teach you good habits.

jimjonjoe

Inkling
Depending on AOE isn't a bad thing, range and machine both rely a lot on their AOE. Clash is a bad weapon meta wise, but it can teach you good habits.
The difference with range and machine is you're punished a lot more for whiffing your shots - machine has considerably more time between shots in addition to being a lot more ink-hungry, and range will take ages to kill through only indirects. compare that to clash, which can hold zr and probably scoop up a couple cheeky picks if you're in a good place at a good time.

Suchi

The Eternal Dualie Squelchers User
Premium
Switch Friend Code
SW-3685-3474-1994
From what I've seen, a lot of people use clash's aoe to make up for their bad aiming. That's what I mean. And because clash is bad meta wise, once they move up the ranks, they're gonna hit that wall. Range and machine are comparatively harder to unga bunga with.

1O7JR

Inkster Jr.
I have a lot of fun playing Clash. As Hitzel above mentions, the salt it generates is pretty funny (sorry friends). That aside, I can't really take it into X rank as much as I'd like to. I use a full QR set since I DIE so much from being unable to reliably paint for myself and of course the time it takes to kill. I've still yet to be able to hit every shot dead-on, but it's something I try to practice doing when I play. That CLASH sound is just so satisfying.

ThestralZ

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1797-1352-6215
The difference with range and machine is you're punished a lot more for whiffing your shots - machine has considerably more time between shots in addition to being a lot more ink-hungry, and range will take ages to kill through only indirects. compare that to clash, which can hold zr and probably scoop up a couple cheeky picks if you're in a good place at a good time.
I don't want to spark an argument (bad way to start a post) and I agree that clash doesn't really aim that much for most shots, but learning about diving and manipulating fights so that you always are in the right spot to pop off is a helpful skill. A good clash player will take advantage of sharking to get easy multikills, and that's kinda on the enemy team for not catching it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom