• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

A thread for crying about the kits

AdphæeXD

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
They/Them
Switch Friend Code
SW-0440-1499-8900
I believe that we should not spread sadness and frustration across all of splatoon, so I offer this thread to cry and sympathize with all of you people with bad kits (from this season or a past one.) I am deeply upset about Nautilus 79, so I thought others might want some friends to cry to without spreading negative emotions across all of the Splatoon community.

Just remember to leave all your negativity here, and don't spread it too far elsewhere. When you finish posting here, take a deep breath, get some water, and reset.

Grushi

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-1492-1491-3432
I'm really bummed foil flingza roller didn't get a better kit, no roller ever got inkjet before and it would have been such a good candidate, I don't even play the weapon but it could have been such a fun kit for the game.

At least I think screen has decent synergy for it but it's such a missed opportunity imo. Oh well

OnePotWonder

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
Shame they gave Dread the worst Sub/Special combo possible. At least the main's flexible enough to make some use of it.
Recycled Brella's kit feels as recycled as the main weapon.
I'm sad for Naut and Gal not because the kits are bad, but because they'll be some of the most annoying weapons in the game.
Flingza... eh. It's savable with Screen buffs, but Screen needs a lot of buffs.

I would also like to take a moment to laugh at Wail on dousers, now that we know the weapon is a four shot. I still like the kit, though.

isaac4

Inkling Cadet
Been playing the new Dread and Explo kits for a bit and they feel so bad.
I'm not finding any enjoyment using them.
It does make me realize how lucky I was to have Machine Neo be as fun as it is.
This season is my least favorite so far and hopefully it stays that way and next season doesn't end up worse.

Captain Ahab

Inkling
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
NA
Switch Friend Code
SW-2202-8182-2350
I was holding out for a Flingza that didn't feel really cheap to use, and this feels cheap in the other way - ohhh jeez.

cipsbsndj

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
he/they
Switch Friend Code
SW-0937-9859-6660
I’m so disappointed by the dread kit, I was so excited to get a dread without Reefslider, especially since it looked like it was going to get torpedo from the sub lines in the season trailer. But no, the special it got is arguably worse (I’d argue it is worse, by a long shot), and it got a sub that has next-to-no synergy with the main weapon. It’s just so disappointing, but now that both Dread kits are here and bad, maybe the devs will give the main weapon some buffs it wouldn’t have needed if it got an actual kit. That being said though, outside of the kits, I’ve been having a lot of fun with this season. The Sneaky Beanie’s back and that kinda makes up for it (sneaky beanie is peak).

OnePotWonder

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
I’m so disappointed by the dread kit, I was so excited to get a dread without Reefslider, especially since it looked like it was going to get torpedo from the sub lines in the season trailer. But no, the special it got is arguably worse (I’d argue it is worse, by a long shot), and it got a sub that has next-to-no synergy with the main weapon. It’s just so disappointing, but now that both Dread kits are here and bad, maybe the devs will give the main weapon some buffs it wouldn’t have needed if it got an actual kit. That being said though, outside of the kits, I’ve been having a lot of fun with this season. The Sneaky Beanie’s back and that kinda makes up for it (sneaky beanie is peak).
I love how if Slider was good, more than half of its weapons would be viable.
I'm personally completely ignoring the Wave Dread kit, and I recommend others do as well. Reject Beakon, accept Slider.

JishTheFish

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
he/they
Switch Friend Code
SW-0916-3665-4202
The explosher kit makes me pretty upset, mostly splashdown.
I picked up explosher a few months before the season when it was randomly given to me in the "sheldon dress-up showdown" challenge, and I was real excited for the new kit :(
In order to use splashdown, you either have to store it and stay in your position until someone gets up close (and if your team is playing well this could be a while), or you run in, use it, and run back to the backline, which almost always means you get splatted.

oh also splash wall is ok i guess i kinda like point sensor more cuz explosher is good at hitting behind cover

Hikarimoon

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Me, personally being a V-Flingza, thought the foil kit was really disappointing.
Like, really, Nintendo? I’ve been waiting for so long and all I get is :suctionbomb:and splattercolor screen? BRING BACK MORE TENTA MISSLES AND KENSA WEPONS!!!! I’m crying here😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

☆Oblivion☆

Senior Squid
Pronouns
She/Her
NNID
Oblivion_spl
Switch Friend Code
SW-8277-3410-3718
I am deeply saddened by how they treated my child the reeflux deco. They gave that thing a splash wall, when in reality it should always have some of damaging sub to combo with its common 90 damage charge Shot. Reefslider does have its uses but since the main weapon isn't that great at fighting its probably begging for a special to help it fight too. :(

Grushi

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-1492-1491-3432
Honestly I think I've kind of warmed up to this season's kits, like yeah none of them are especially good, but I still think they're kind of interesting and have a different playstyle. Naut is fun, flingza is pretty interesting, squiffer's a banger, explo's... unique lol, 52's actually seeing some comp use which definitely caught me off guard
Dousers are really good, their kit's alright, and I have a LOT of thoughts on recycled but for now I'll say it's a very unique weapon

I'm still bummed none of them are genuinely strong but I'm not as upset anymore after trying them out
(except dread D istg)

Linneus

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Linneus
Switch Friend Code
SW-4891-1092-0917
I feel that-- my friends finally convinced me to at least buy and try out Naut 79, and honestly? I like it on Rainmaker a lot more (which, I think, was my worst mode; I used to play Tri Nouveau on Rainmaker, so it's nice to actually bring my main to that mode).

But the issue is still there, which is that this just isn't the playstyle I'd hoped for. Triple Splashdown makes some space or wins a fight in the middle of the game here and there, but it just isn't the big playmaker I wanted!

Honestly, my feelings on the inciting incident remain the same... it all stems from the insane decision to put two more specials in the game right at the end, neither of which are good, and just kind of suffocate both the kit-making AND the game-balancing process.

Grushi

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-1492-1491-3432
Honestly, my feelings on the inciting incident remain the same... it all stems from the insane decision to put two more specials in the game right at the end, neither of which are good, and just kind of suffocate both the kit-making AND the game-balancing process.
Yeah honestly it's frustrating but at least if they get buffed appropriately gold naut might have a better chance. For now I just think splashdown on it is nice to have when the stars align and you're in exactly in the right situation to use it, but otherwise it just does nowhere near as much as other specials, like you don't feel like you have any kind of special advantage when you have splashdown since you can get canceled really easily.

But the main + sub is already really good at least, so I don't think the kit suffers that much from it, and it's kind of fun!

isaac4

Inkling Cadet
Personally, I'm still really disappointed about the kits, specifically because the focus was on giving TSD and Screen to as many weapons as possible instead of choosing what works best from all the specials in the game.
That's just the problem that comes from getting two new specials close to the end of the games update cycle.
They still had to think about which weapon would get one of the two specials of course so it's not like they just randomized it (probably), but the fact that a lot of previous specials from Splatoon 2 weren't picked for 2nd kits because they wanted TSD and Screen to have more options is something I really don't like about this season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom