Ability Limit

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
I'm pretty sure we've seen people stack abilities to further the benefit of that ability. Especially those chargers who feel the need to have all Damage Ups. But how would you feel if they suddenly only let you equip a limited amount of the same ability?

Like say you stack 3 of the same ability, but adding a 4th or past that will not work at all.

97Stephen

Pro Squid
Abilities do have diminishing results. It never stops you from stacking abilities, but after a certain point it doesn't do very much at all.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Well abilities technically do. They don't stop, but they're effects becomes less and less the more you stack.
For example (this is an example btw and doesn't reflect the actual ability effects): if you have one swim speed, it increases your speed by 10%, you would think having two would increase it with 20%, but instead it's 17% and if you have three, than it's 22% and so on. The effect increases with less less the more you stack and at some it does "stop", but that's with a lot of them stacked.

Gooling

Genocide Run Squid
NNID
RazorBlaides
I'm pretty sure we've seen people stack abilities to further the benefit of that ability. Especially those chargers who feel the need to have all Damage Ups. But how would you feel if they suddenly only let you equip a limited amount of the same ability?

Like say you stack 3 of the same ability, but adding a 4th or past that will not work at all.
I feel like that would kinda eliminate the need for sites like this one ( https://calc.splatoon.ink/ )

Kevin304

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Kevin304
I've heard that some abilities do have a limit like ink recovery.It supposedly stops at 1 main and 3 subs.

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
Abilities do have diminishing results. It never stops you from stacking abilities, but after a certain point it doesn't do very much at all.
Yes, it's been known since Day 1. But what if it stops stacking after equipping a certain amount?

Reala

Inkling
NNID
Negrulicious
I believe this would lowkey nerf chargers, and that's good. But I still think heavily stacking swim speed and run speed is fun, and would hate to not be able to do that anymore.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Nah, even though Judd says that it's better to create a blend of abilities it basically gives you no form of strategy at all to work with. Ability stacking happens because certain abilities are more useful than others on certain maps/weapons/modes, even if that means it gains less effect when being stacked. Additionally one sub barely has any effect, but stacking several means you'll actually have some noticable effect on an ability over having a mix of them. It also doesn't help that certain stackable abilities are seen as underpowered(Sub Saver comes to mind), meaning you don't want those at all.

LIke what do i do with a:head_met000: that has :ability_quicksuperjump::ability_inksavermain::ability_bombrange: for subs on a .96 gal? Jump in real quick, fire one shot and and then misuse the bomb-range up because it don't work on sprinkers? Come on...

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
This already kind of exists with diminishing returns.
Damage Up (Rounded to nearest half):
1 main= 9% (+9%)
2 mains= 16.5% (+7.5%)
3 mains= 22.5% (+6%)
3 mains 3 subs= 26.5% (+4%)
3 mains 6 subs= 29% (+2.5%)
3 mains 9 subs= 30% (+1%)

So, even though I want to get a set of all pure damage just for fun, it actually wouldn't be very helpful (Only 4% more damage/I have 26% extra damage right now)

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
I've heard that some abilities do have a limit like ink recovery.It supposedly stops at 1 main and 3 subs.
That's not true, 3 mains and 9 subs refills a tank 40% faster, while 1 main 3 subs does it 20% faster (half of full set because of DR)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom