Absurd ways to make cooler work

Aiko.Octo

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
she/her
Since this line of thought started on discord and I really don't want discord to take all the (arguably) good conversations away from the forums and contribute to its demise, here's some terrible ways to 'fix' cooler (totally not biased by the fact that I wanted vdapples to be viable or anything)

- Give vdapples specifically the ability to throw the cooler halfway across the map
- Alternatively make cooler work like chumps: set up a launcher wherever and it just rains soda cans on a spot and your teammates either pick them up for the buff OR let them explode like fizzies
- Actually you know what we should just get rid of cooler and instead incorporate it into every other special. Maybe ink-storm style, so that if if it hits the enemy it does the usual effect but if it hits teammates it will give them some (probably weaker) variation of the cooler buff. Then each special has a dual purpose and there are more ways to use it and that could be interesting actually :D

(Come up with sillier ideas I want to hear them. those that were around for this discussion feel free to re-chime in, hah)

Grushi

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
i still think the cooler itself should deal melee damage. maybe as the only possible way to deal friendly fire damage (no one is immune to bonk). this will not make tacticooler better in any tangible way.
In the same vein, I think thrown coolers should be absorbable by ink vacs, which theorically makes vac 0.1% better. This will not affect cooler in any tangible way.

Aiko.Octo

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
she/her
cooler being 4 fizzies is hilarious
but what if we did the other way around?
what if fizzy bomb gives a tacticooler effect if you throw it at a teammate? maybe it would have to be uncharged so it doesn't explode in their face lol
Oh that is legitimately such a fun idea. I want "hey throw me a soda" to be an actual thing that people say on comms.

Yeenom

Pro Squid
Pronouns
He/They
NNID
YeenBeans
Switch Friend Code
SW-6746-0504-4799
Make it like tenta missiles, but for your teammates. The more "missiles" that hit your teammates, the better the effects

briank913

Inkling Cadet
NNID
briank913
Switch Friend Code
SW-0159-0074-0919
Opposite side: What if you could booby trap a cooler or deploy a fake cooler? Instead of buffing players, they massively nerf the enemy and give Respawn Punisher effects.

Aiko.Octo

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
she/her
Opposite side: What if you could booby trap a cooler or deploy a fake cooler? Instead of buffing players, they massively nerf the enemy and give Respawn Punisher effects.
A POISON COOLER?? I love this actually.

OnePotWonder

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
Potential side-grade for cooler; the drinks now refill your ink tank, but using the special doesn’t. This prevents passive cooler weapons from throwing it at teammates while using it as a free ink refill for themselves.

This would make cooler the only special in the history of the series to not refill the user’s ink tank on activation.

This could theoretically counteract removing Special Saver from the special.
Or it could make bomb spam a nightmare.
Perhaps I shouldn’t look further into this idea…

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom