Amiibo Social: Exclusive to SquidBoards

WECKmaster329

Inkster Jr.
NNID
WECKmaster329
My collection is currently only Charizard, but I did buy Robin & Lucina for my brother, and I'd hope he'll let me admire them/steal them sometimes. All of them look stunning and got me hooked in enough to order more.

Got the Inkling Squid (as part of the EU exclusive amiibo & game pack) and Girl ordered too, and have Greninja, Dark Pit and the Blue Woolly Yoshi on pre-order for later on.

Really looking forward to the Splatoon amiibos for the missions and the exclusive gear/weapons - I'll buy the boy at a later time if he is still available, but funds can only allow for so many of these little figures for now.
Super excited to see what other functions Nintendo will give the amiibos.
You and me both. Initially, I got Wii Fit Trainer, Link and Samus because I wanted a few sparring partners, and now I have almost every one of them, including all of the Super Mario series released. It seems the quality of amiibo has vastly improved since the first wave, and that makes it even more compelling to collect them all!

I got the 3 pack ordered because I just can't pass up amiibo any more. It's too hard to get them Stateside unless you get preorders thanks to scalping happening all the time. I really wish that would just stop altogether!

Diableos

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Diableos
Super excited to see what other functions Nintendo will give the amiibos.
Same here. I have all these amiibo but there aren't many uses for all of them. I'm not overly keen on their use in Smash, mainly because they gain hidden strength/defence bonuses at level 50 and it just means you can't fight your own amiibo on even ground. I like the Splatoon use for amiibo a lot, although it is a decent amount of content that gets locked off from people without them. MK8's amiibo function is nice but it's far more simple. They just give outfits for you Mii so you're not really missing out on anything. They don't actually give your Mii any extra stats or something like that, but I suppose this function is perhaps a little too simple.

itisRag

friendly neighborhood rag
NNID
itisrag
Anyone tried the new amiibo app free from the Wii U eShop that lets a player unlock several 3 minute playable sections of a classic Nintendo game per registered amiibo? Can't think of what it's called right now. It's alright, but I can tell from playing it that the entire games are present, though you only get 3 minutes in a section each time you scan an amiibo. The next time you scan the amiibo, it starts you in a different section of the game. So that is kind of a tease, really. Having the entire classic game present but keeping you from being able to play it all.

Last edited:

ndayadn

yeah
NNID
Seabass
Anyone tried the new amiibo app free from the Wii U eShop that let's a player unlock several 3 minute playable sections of a classic Nintendo game per registered amiibo? Can't think of what it's called right now. It's alright, but I can tell from playing it that the entire games are present, though you only get 3 minutes in a section each time you scan an amiibo. The next time you scan the amiibo, it starts you in a different section of the game. So that is kind of a tease, really. Having the entire classic game present but keeping you from being able to play it all.
Kind of like in Brawl, but in that game you could, using homebrew, disable the timer and play the full games?

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
So Villager getting a reprint. I personally like the new version better. Don't know if I will pick him up. Kinda holding out on a Animal crossing amiibo set that isn't just the cards.

WECKmaster329

Inkster Jr.
NNID
WECKmaster329
amiibo Tap is nice for those who want another benefit for owning amiibo.. It's a cool way to be able to try a lot of VC games without having to drop the money on them.

So Villager getting a reprint. I personally like the new version better. Don't know if I will pick him up. Kinda holding out on a Animal crossing amiibo set that isn't just the cards.
The Villager reprint looks so weird because his face is too low now......

Last edited by a moderator:

BoTalksGames

Pro Squid
Content Team
NNID
BjFauble
The Smash line is currently my favorite but once I see the Splatoon amiibo in person that could easily change (and probably will).

It'd be easier to tell you what I'm missing, so:

Wii Fit Trainer
Meta Knight
Lucario

Just need those 3. I have all of Wave 4 except Greninja ordered. Also have the Splatoon triple pack ordered. Excited for that.

God I have a problem

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Speaking of splatoon amiibos, even more glad at the content they bring. Not only do they get you special missions and costumes, but also little cute games. <3

empieflower

Senior Squid
NNID
empieflower
Switch Friend Code
SW-4855-9837-7775
My collection is like, super small; I only have Peach and Pit. Got Peach cause why not and I main her, and only got Pit thanks to a user on r/amiibo posting a link to GameStop taking orders for it one day, so I consider myself lucky on that.

I'm only collecting my mains in the Smash line, might get Luigi from the SMB line cause I like his pose more than his Smash one, then maybe get the Yoshi Wooly World collection and the Inkling Girl eventually.

Burgundy Blade

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SuperSableye24
Super nervous about Wave 4. :( I have Robin and Lucina pre-ordered, but I'm missing everyone else, including the Splatoon 3-pack. I'm hoping to camp out at Gamestop for Ness and Charizard, then quickly run over to Target for Jiggly. We don't have a ToysRUs in our town, so I'll have to order Greninja from Scalpers. >:(
As for my collection now, I'm missing Marth, WFT, Captain Falcon, and Little Mac. Shulk, Kirby, and Zelda are my favorites. <3

Dirty Duck

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheThirdChild
Amiibo I currently own; Link, Zelda, Donkey Kong, Samus, Wario
Amiibo on the way;Inkling girl, boy, and squid, and Ganondorf

I love amiibo, I just wish Nintendo would start stocking them properly. Having to be so frantic about getting the ones I want removes the relaxed pace I wanted to collect them at. I'd probably own way more if it wasn't such a challenge. The ones that got aw.ay so far are Marth, Rosalina, Shulk, Mega Man, Dedede, Ness (oh God why Ness, why), Lucina, Robin, Falcon, and it seems the Wooly World ones are gone too (real same bcs they looked LOVELY)

Anyone notice amiibo support on the box of Fire Emblem If? What do you guys think it will be?

Diableos

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Diableos
Even though I really want to collect all the amiibo, I keep thinking about how much money I'm spending on them and it's slowly tearing me apart. :P Makes me want to cancel some pre-orders, sell off some of the ones I don't really like and keep the ones I genuinely wanted. But I'm not sure.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I have to wonder if you able to choose the extra games to play during the wait for online matches? Or if it is only squid jump. Wouldn't mind playing some of the amiibo unlockable games during the wait.

Dirty Duck

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheThirdChild
I have to wonder if you able to choose the extra games to play during the wait for online matches? Or if it is only squid jump. Wouldn't mind playing some of the amiibo unlockable games during the wait.
the direct said you could play the amiibo unlock ones while waiting too, I'm pretty sure.

Even though I really want to collect all the amiibo, I keep thinking about how much money I'm spending on them and it's slowly tearing me apart. :p Makes me want to cancel some pre-orders, sell off some of the ones I don't really like and keep the ones I genuinely wanted. But I'm not sure.
Collect them all, sell the full collection for an absurdly high price, buy back the ones you wanted. It's fool proof.

Mrwhatzitooya

Pro Squid
Yeah... I'm going to seem like a bit of a mad collector when i say this.... xP I have all of Wave 1,2 and 3 amiibo, with Wario and Charizard of Wave 4, and preorders for Ganondorf, ZSS, Palutena and Dark Pit. I also have all the Mario series amiibo except for Mario himself and Bowser, and i'm eagerly awaiting the release of the Splatoon triple pack.

I really need to start watching where the money's going.... Haha

Out of all of them though, Wario is definitely the fave in the collection. Not only is he my favourite character, but they did a great job with his model design too!

Guineapig126

Inkling
NNID
Guineapig126
Since you guys seem to be talking about your collections right now, the ones I have are Zelda, Bowser, and Pikachu. Yeah, not very impressive but I love them all the same. I must say though, looking through some of these comments, you all seem to have pretty impressive collections.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom