Ancho-V Games NOW RELEASED!

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
Waste of time for me

God ancho v games is horrible for me of its on the Eu splatfest rotation I'll just be like NOPE

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
Waste of time for me
God ancho v games is horrible for me of its on the Eu splatfest rotation I'll just be like NOPE
You just hate all the good maps! :p

I'm still forming an opinion. I like it, BUT the base raids and attempted spawncamps are getting Skatepark level annoying. And sniping is a mixed bag. I can go 11/0 one round, 3/5 the next. It's very dependent on the weapon mix. But it DOES have numerous locations to reposition to snipe which is good. But no sniping spot gives you a view of the ENTIRE map other than the raised section above mid, and that's a dangerous place to be. I do find I need my beacons often there with custom. I'm more likely to be splatted by enemy snipers or bombrushes in this map than other maps.

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer

I'm still forming an opinion. I like it, BUT the base raids and attempted spawncamps are getting Skatepark level annoying. And sniping is a mixed bag. I can go 11/0 one round, 3/5 the next. It's very dependent on the weapon mix. But it DOES have numerous locations to reposition to snipe which is good. But no sniping spot gives you a view of the ENTIRE map other than the raised section above mid, and that's a dangerous place to be. I do find I need my beacons often there with custom. I'm more likely to be splatted by enemy snipers or bombrushes in this map than other maps.
I don't HATE all good maps only 90% of them

My favs are:
Skatepark
Arowana
Bluefin
Kelp
Moray
Camp (splatfest)

Award

I don't HATE all good maps only 90% of them

My favs are:
Skatepark
Arowana
Bluefin
Kelp
Moray
Camp (splatfest)
Haha, Skatepark I both love and hate. It's a little weapon dependent, and it's definitely team dependent. I've been spawncamped there so many times, but just when I hate it I have a day like today that most matches are pretty well balanced, wins within 10% and plenty of 0.1% wins and I start to love it. Just when I love it it becomes a spawncamp fest the next time.

Love Arowana, Love Moray when using eliter or carbon. Ambivalent with hydra, and it's a very mixed bag with a lot of other weapons.
Love camp with almost any weapon. Kelp, I used to hate, but it's actually grown on me a lot. Bluefin....kind of ambivalent. The map is fine but somehow my teams take a double dose of stupid powder on that map. So many times I get spawncamped on it not because the enemy is great, but because my team does NOT know how to handle the split bottom and all crowds around the same side leaving me to handle the other side alone (One sniper can't hold 4 enemies with specials loaded alone. Guess what the enemy does?)

Ancho-V is kind of chaos, but it's still pretty fun, at least TW, I haven't played the ranked modes on it yet. The spawncamps get irritating when mismatched though. And my team's penchant for rushing the enemy base when mid is not secure is problematic. I HOPE that will work itself out as people get familiar with it.

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard

All stages seem to go through a spawn-camp phase about a week or so after they come out. Then, people learn how to deal with spawn-campers, and the stage moves out of it. I saw it happen with Hammerhead Bridge (the newest stage when I first got the game), Museum d'Alfonsino, and especially Mahi-Mahi Resort. The only stages that continue to have a spawn-camp problem are the earlier ones.

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
Haha, Skatepark I both love and hate. It's a little weapon dependent, and it's definitely team dependent. I've been spawncamped there so many times, but just when I hate it I have a day like today that most matches are pretty well balanced, wins within 10% and plenty of 0.1% wins and I start to love it. Just when I love it it becomes a spawncamp fest the next time.

Love Arowana, Love Moray when using eliter or carbon. Ambivalent with hydra, and it's a very mixed bag with a lot of other weapons.
Love camp with almost any weapon. Kelp, I used to hate, but it's actually grown on me a lot. Bluefin....kind of ambivalent. The map is fine but somehow my teams take a double dose of stupid powder on that map. So many times I get spawncamped on it not because the enemy is great, but because my team does NOT know how to handle the split bottom and all crowds around the same side leaving me to handle the other side alone (One sniper can't hold 4 enemies with specials loaded alone. Guess what the enemy does?)

Ancho-V is kind of chaos, but it's still pretty fun, at least TW, I haven't played the ranked modes on it yet. The spawncamps get irritating when mismatched though. And my team's penchant for rushing the enemy base when mid is not secure is problematic. I HOPE that will work itself out as people get familiar with it.
Haha :p
I won't dress it up but I'm gonna be straight

I've never been spawn camped unless I'm in a splatfest so I don't really know what it's like to be spawn camped xD

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer

My new sniping spot in hammerhead
image.jpeg

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
Haha :p
I won't dress it up but I'm gonna be straight

I've never been spawn camped unless I'm in a splatfest so I don't really know what it's like to be spawn camped xD
Lucky you. (The way I see it, it's impossible for individuals to prevent spawn-camps all by themselves. As a result, I have been spawn-camped at least once on every stage.)

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
Lucky you. (The way I see it, it's impossible for individuals to prevent spawn-camps all by themselves. As a result, I have been spawn-camped at least once on every stage.)
Really? Tbh I was probably spawn camped when I was a lvl 1 in June but my memories as good as a goldfish so idk

But in my recent memeory I can't remember being camped

Award

My new sniping spot in hammerheadView attachment 2675
I love the upside down camping spot. Nanananana, BATSQUID!

That's a decent spot. My only complaints about it is it's too far back if you're taking a "snipe from center" approach. But that;s the general area I'll set up with Custom. I do have to be more mobile on Hammerhead than other maps which is in part what I love about it. That gives you a good view of the RM and the tower, though you will have to move around once it's in motion! I should add I don't think I'd take eliter here on SZ since the zone is down below. Splatterscope/scharger fits in the aisles a little more practically.

Award

All stages seem to go through a spawn-camp phase about a week or so after they come out. Then, people learn how to deal with spawn-campers, and the stage moves out of it. I saw it happen with Hammerhead Bridge (the newest stage when I first got the game), Museum d'Alfonsino, and especially Mahi-Mahi Resort. The only stages that continue to have a spawn-camp problem are the earlier ones.
Interesting, I haven't see the brief spawn camp periods, they seem persistent to me. Though you're right about the early stages being the worst, Hammerhead is definitely uncommon (but happens), The only reason Museum and Mahi haven't camped me recently is I've been running CHydra there a lot lately, and CHydra is insanely capable of reversing a spawncamp. A few times my team was pinned down in each of these maps, and I just unperched with hydra and cleared out the lot of them. I got killed a few times trying to do it solo, but each respawn I'd push them back more before they finally fled.

Crimsoninkling

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
BramWildenberg
The last EU splatfest wasa actually the first time playing on the map. Its really fun.

Award

Anyone here play xenoblade chronicles X
I have a wonderful collectors edition copy. I have a wonderful collectors edition hardback strategy guide. My intention was to be knee deep into XCX by now. Instead it's sitting in shrinkwrap.

Because Splatoon. :mad::D

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
Interesting, I haven't see the brief spawn camp periods, they seem persistent to me. Though you're right about the early stages being the worst, Hammerhead is definitely uncommon (but happens), The only reason Museum and Mahi haven't camped me recently is I've been running CHydra there a lot lately, and CHydra is insanely capable of reversing a spawncamp. A few times my team was pinned down in each of these maps, and I just unperched with hydra and cleared out the lot of them. I got killed a few times trying to do it solo, but each respawn I'd push them back more before they finally fled.
Interesting. I guess it's because the Hydra Splatlings, in general, are good at splatting from a distance, and unlike E-liters, have no laser?

Regardless of the weapon though, it's annoying to deal with a spawn-camper on Walleye Warehouse who hides on the slopejust in front of the spawn point. You can't see them, and they can hide extremely easily there. Some weapons can't reach that spot from the spawn point either. My first match where I was spawn-camped was in Walleye Warehouse, during the August Testfire. Someone named Juan, I think, stayed there the whole match, and no one could get him at all. People figured out he was on the slope, but they couldn't see him, and he could rapidly ink back ground that people were spraying aimlessly towards.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Sooo... how 'bout them anchow-vee gaems?

But in all seriousness, we should get back on topic. Any new experiences on the stage? I'd have tried the ranked versions, except I don't really play Private Battles and I'm still wary of Ranked and the prospect of losing my B+.

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
I have a wonderful collectors edition copy. I have a wonderful collectors edition hardback strategy guide. My intention was to be knee deep into XCX by now. Instead it's sitting in shrinkwrap.

Because Splatoon. :mad::D
XD it took me 8 hours to get primordias survey rate to 15% xD

Award

Interesting. I guess it's because the Hydra Splatlings, in general, are good at splatting from a distance, and unlike E-liters, have no laser?

Regardless of the weapon though, it's annoying to deal with a spawn-camper on Walleye Warehouse who hides on the slopejust in front of the spawn point. You can't see them, and they can hide extremely easily there. Some weapons can't reach that spot from the spawn point either. My first match where I was spawn-camped was in Walleye Warehouse, during the August Testfire. Someone named Juan, I think, stayed there the whole match, and no one could get him at all. People figured out he was on the slope, but they couldn't see him, and he could rapidly ink back ground that people were spraying aimlessly towards.
The distance and no laser play a part. In CHydra's case the sprinkler's ability to anchor and, more importantly, flush out campers is a huge role. If you don't know where they are in the sea of their ink in front of your spawn, throw a sprinkler. They either have to back up to stay hidden, letting the sprinkler take back turf, or take damage from the sprinkler which tells you they are there, or shoot it and reveal their position openly. From there, the long sustained fire and fast ttk means you can generally shoot them before they shoot you and generally get more than one which is key to ending a spawn-camp so they can't jump back.

That slope in Walleye is awful along with the side hallway where they can hide just out of range below the drop. Mackerel is even worse because once they're in your base they can camp/cover between the lanes where you can NOT get them without passing right into their line of site at close range. The other key to spawncampers is they know you never have your special, and as you try to shoot them, you keep refilling their specials. They're zombies. the more you try to kill them the stronger they become. That snowballing is what makes spawncamping so "appealing"

Sooo... how 'bout them anchow-vee gaems?

But in all seriousness, we should get back on topic. Any new experiences on the stage? I'd have tried the ranked versions, except I don't really play Private Battles and I'm still wary of Ranked and the prospect of losing my B+.
Extending the above to Ancho-V the big open spot in front of spawn is actually one of the worst for ending a spawncamp even with CHydra. I usually end up with one S+ super player (why is it always a Jr. with a permanent bubbler who gets joined by the other two.) They'll hide in the big open area all over on both the upper and lower level and hide behind the wall on the left. You can't get them but they can pop in and get you. If you go forward they get you, them hiding behind the wall prevents sprinklers from flushing them out. If you take the fan lift left, the one up top gets you. If you take the fan lift right, their remaining member in mid gets you. EVENTUALLY I've managed to undo them, but by then there's only seconds on the clock after their 1:30-2:00 camp and there's really no point.

I'm in the same boat, I keep deferring ranked to save my rank! I've committed to ignoring that and dropping to whatever rank I plunge to and just play all the ranked modes with all weapons just for fun rather than "saving" the rank. But I haven't been able to get myself to just DO it yet :p

That and by tonight I'll be Lv48 - only 2 more levels left and it's going to be depressing when the bar stops moving after every round. Ranked will accelerate that which will take some fun from the game. :(

Last edited:

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
Okay, this obsession with moving platforms up and down is spilling over into Ranked too. Ancho-V Games Rainmaker I don't mind too much; you can use these platforms to facilitate getting to the goal or to flank people trying to attack the Rainmaker holder. But in Tower Control and especially Splat Zones, they just get in the way. These platforms essentially make it impossible to ink or attack from most of the perches when you're using a charger or a long-range weapon, because someone will inevitably raise the platform and block your shot.

The distance and no laser play a part. In CHydra's case the sprinkler's ability to anchor and, more importantly, flush out campers is a huge role. If you don't know where they are in the sea of their ink in front of your spawn, throw a sprinkler. They either have to back up to stay hidden, letting the sprinkler take back turf, or take damage from the sprinkler which tells you they are there, or shoot it and reveal their position openly. From there, the long sustained fire and fast ttk means you can generally shoot them before they shoot you and generally get more than one which is key to ending a spawn-camp so they can't jump back.
Interesting. I never really used Sprinklers for much other than to passively ink a particular area I didn't have time to visit or one I know nobody will be reaching, and as a result, I can get high ink scores with any weapon with Sprinklers, even the Kelps. I have noticed Sprinkelrs are quite good at identifying if there's someone hiding around a corner, even if a Point Sensor does the job better. But then again, a Point Sensor can only do one thing, so it HAS to be the best at what it does. A Sprinkler can do many things, so it's excused for being a master of none.

Extending the above to Ancho-V the big open spot in front of spawn is actually one of the worst for ending a spawncamp even with CHydra. I usually end up with one S+ super player (why is it always a Jr. with a permanent bubbler who gets joined by the other two.) They'll hide in the big open area all over on both the upper and lower level and hide behind the wall on the left. You can't get them but they can pop in and get you. If you go forward they get you, them hiding behind the wall prevents sprinklers from flushing them out. If you take the fan lift left, the one up top gets you. If you take the fan lift right, their remaining member in mid gets you. EVENTUALLY I've managed to undo them, but by then there's only seconds on the clock after their 1:30-2:00 camp and there's really no point.
What about the path to the right after the fan platform on the right? The narrow one that turns to the left and into the main area? That seems to be designed specifically to let people escape from a spawn camp, since this path cannot be entered from the enemy's side and empties out into a wide area, so it can't be bottlenecked?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom