• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer looks like a shameless cash grab

Right Whale

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Ciano365
is anyone here actually gonna buy that?
Sorry, not meaning to offend but, there is a thing called opinions. I personally like the idea of HHD, I love how you can decorate the ouside aswell. I don't think it's a cash grab, I think you might be going a bit over the top. If the devs enjoyed making it, then I will enjoy playing it. Thats just my opinion, I'm not meaning to offend anyone here. BTW this game is supposed to be a spin-off, so thats why it's different then the regular AC formula.
Have a good day my fellow squid/kid bretheran!

Right Whale

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Ciano365
Oh...pin..onion? What's an "ohpinonion"? I've never heard of anything like that.
Just when I had faith that this boards was a nice place with no-one who just blatantly trolls each other and everyone helps each other. How necessary was that?
I can't decipher what you just said.

Litagano Motscoud

Inkling Commander
NNID
Litagano
Just when I had faith that this boards was a nice place with no-one who just blatantly trolls each other and everyone helps each other. How necessary was that?
I can't decipher what you just said.
...I wasn't serious, bro. I wasn't trying to mock you. A lot of Internet arguments erupt over people not respecting arguments, so I was just joking and pretending not to know what an opinion was. Wasn't aimed at you. :|

Right Whale

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Ciano365
...I wasn't serious, bro. I wasn't trying to mock you. A lot of Internet arguments erupt over people not respecting arguments, so I was just joking and pretending not to know what an opinion was. Wasn't aimed at you. :|
Ah, sorry for overacting over something stupid. Even though my friends tell me I speak fluent sarcasm, I don't understand it.
Sorry again.

dapperlace

Pro Squid
For someone as neurotic as me, who always wants to micro-manage things, it's perfect. I get that it's not everyone's cup of tea though. The lack of a linked map that can be walked on where all the houses exists does put me off a bit, but it's still something I'll play. I also don't mind collecting cards. Seems fun! Plus they're not necessary. Just like with the normal AC, you can get villagers to move in randomly, unless that was changed.

StayPuft

Pro Squid
NNID
cellularSP
For someone as neurotic as me, who always wants to micro-manage things, it's perfect. I get that it's not everyone's cup of tea though. The lack of a linked map that can be walked on where all the houses exists does put me off a bit, but it's still something I'll play. I also don't mind collecting cards. Seems fun! Plus they're not necessary. Just like with the normal AC, you can get villagers to move in randomly, unless that was changed.
From the Japanese gameplay I've seen, the order of villagers you design houses for seems set in the order they appear. It seems like it is Goldie first, then Lopez, then frogs appear... multiple ones can appear at once, so you can choose the order then, but it seems designed this way so you're inclined to buy the cards to get villagers you want.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Well... If you bought amiibos, it is your fault Nintendo is developing games like this now. It was to be expected.

Devicho

Inkling
NNID
Devicho
Honestly I'm looking forward to Happy Home Designer, since the design aspect of Animal Crossing is my favorite part. Amiibo Festival, though, I've never paid much attention to, as nothing has really made me feel like it's worth picking up. I'm with those who is hoping for a proper WiiU Animal Crossing in the future rather than a duller Mario Party.

GuyN0ir

Inkling
NNID
GuyN0ir
I kind of like that it's not just another traditional Animal Crossing game. I've played all but City Folk, and honestly I wouldn't buy a Wii U Animal Crossing game. Maybe it's series fatigue, but I just couldn't get excited for a plain old Animal Crossing for a fifth time. I'm pretty sure I won't buy this one, but it's something different, and that's good.

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
I want a political based Animal Crossing game where you can make your village into a simple republic or a dictatorship that you rule. But making houses seems cool.
Yes I loved being mayor of my town and inviting people over. I'm not sold on the house designing thing but I do need to look into it more before deciding on a yes or no. I have new leaf but I ran out of things to do with friends.

Inunah

Inkling
I will preorder this game. I want it so bad. But my local gamestop doesn't have the Amiibo Adapter bundle available for preorder yet.

XenoPixel

Senior Squid
NNID
XenoPixel
I love Animal Crossing but I agree that it looks like a cash grab. I might get it if there's a bundled version with a New Nintendo 3DS XL.

Psycho_Wendigo

Resident World Devourer
NNID
PyschoWendigo
I'm mostly worried about Amiibo Festival, granted the new Mario Party games haven't been great, but AF looks like even less fun. Instead of mini-games, it looks like random events happen that you have no control over instead.

In the E3 trailer the player rolled the dice, moved, and then a text box appeared saying that all the players played video-games together and everyone got coins. This happened without any player involvement, it just happened. It looks incredibly boring

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
Tbh, both Happy Home Designer & Amiibo Festival look like cheap cash grabs to me. I remember hoping that there would be a new Animal Crossing for the Wii U, but I certainly didn't expect a Mario Party clone with Amiibo usage. The fact that Amiibo Festival is a F2P game just makes it worse to me.

Pteropine

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RennyKlavan
I personally love designing stuff, and it's my fave thing to do in AC so YES IM ALL HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not so much excited for Amiibo Fesival but I'm still getting it ESPECIALLY SINCE IT'S FREE???? right?
it's free?
??? ? ? ????? ? ? ?

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Amiibo Festival is "free" to download but to even play it, you'll need a compatible Animal Crossing Amiibo.

I'll stick to New Leaf for my Animal Crossing fix. I just got Diana, Chief, and Phoebe in my town
and I plan to keep them in there as long as I live!

I understand why they're making HHD but it's not for me. House designing was my least favorite part. Every time I got a rare piece of furniture, I just crammed it into my house just to get more points. But for those who do
buy it will probably enjoy it.

I'm really bummed out we probably won't get a proper Wii U AC. I was looking forward to see if the
game was like Mario Kart 8's Animal Crossing track where the camera perspective was behind
the character and you had a great view of your surroundings with every step you took.

Last edited:

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
I'm really bummed out we probably won't get a proper Wii U AC. I was looking forward to see if the game was like Mario Kart 8's
Animal Crossing track where the camera perspective was behind the character and you had a great view of your surroundings
with every step you took.
Hopefully they're actually working on another AC for the NX. I wouldn't be too surprised if this is the case.

Pteropine

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RennyKlavan
@Noire
I know it's "Free" but I'm getting the Amiibo anyways because of HHD so why not idk???

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom