• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer looks like a shameless cash grab

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Hate to bump this but fate has a cruel way to get me to get HHD. My 3DS broke and I just ordered the HHD New 3DS from Amazon...
Gosh darn it fate.

Lester Roquefort

Pro Squid
NNID
LesterRoquefort
Switch Friend Code
SW-2928-7410-6310
What irks me the most is that it ISN'T in an AC title and ISN'T on Wii U.

I wanted to do all this instead of just handing them stuff for them to put in their house in a spot you can't possibly use it in. If you give the animals stuff in New Leaf, they end up putting it wherever it fits. I would have appreciated it if Nintendo had this as DLC and your animals start saying "My house is so cluttered, mind helping me re-organize?" when it's applicable.

Or hell, actually make paying jobs so you don't have to sell 100 bell fruit everyday for 3 years.

So, i guess i'm saying "Not unless i have the money to blow on it and the urge to actually go on the quest to get cards for it"

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Sorry for the shameless bump, but my HHD New 3DS came in and the first thing I did was call Nintendo to transfer stuff. They said it could take awhile for it to actually happen. Apparently, the bundle comes with a random "SP" amiibo card which I guess is rare or something, the game, and a extra set of faceplates.

It's a really pretty system, no, it really is. The card I got was Isabelle, which from what I can read from other sites, is a highly demanded card. I got lucky I guess? But when the transfer happens, I'll be playing Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate. I have a huge itch to play that.

I honestly don't care at all for HHD, I just wanted the 3DS. I mean, I'll give it a play and see if it's not terrible. But I'd really rather just play New Leaf.

Lester Roquefort

Pro Squid
NNID
LesterRoquefort
Switch Friend Code
SW-2928-7410-6310
I forgot to ask, do you need the cards to play it? If not, i might actually cave in and get it.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
The cards are in no way required to play the game at all. The only cards of any value are the rare "SP" cards which are the only way to permanently have characters like DJ K.K. and Isabelle to stay in your town, the common villager cards just get that villager to come to your town earlier. I haven't played the game yet because I haven't got my email yet to finish my transfer.

But no, you don't have to have even one and you can still finish the game, they're a bonus. Nothing more.

Lester Roquefort

Pro Squid
NNID
LesterRoquefort
Switch Friend Code
SW-2928-7410-6310
-like the roach on Family Guy-

Good... Good...

Wait... so it IS like a normal Animal Crossing game?

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
I'm not sure. I haven't played it. But it sounds like it offers more than you'd think.

Lester Roquefort

Pro Squid
NNID
LesterRoquefort
Switch Friend Code
SW-2928-7410-6310
It does actually. Designing the outside does sound pretty cool.

I'd miss buying furniture, digging up fossils and killing trees too much though.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Yeah, I guess you can't judge a book by it's cover. I'll get a good impression once Nintendo gets my 3DS transfer through. I am checking my email like a hawk!

Lester Roquefort

Pro Squid
NNID
LesterRoquefort
Switch Friend Code
SW-2928-7410-6310
Hold on, you can't just plug in an SD Card? (Was actually going to get one)

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
I have an SD card, but the New 3DS doesn't support those, only Micro SD Cards. And my old 3DS is broken. The bottom screen is a goner.

Lester Roquefort

Pro Squid
NNID
LesterRoquefort
Switch Friend Code
SW-2928-7410-6310
Well, i suppose i could just redownload all my games, right?

I'll make a new topic for this.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Yep. I called Nintendo about it. I believe what happens is that they unlink the NNID from your old system and then when they email you, you're given the greenlight to log in to your new 3DS. Because of this however, you'll lose your save files, your puzzles and find mii progress on Streetpass Plaza, and you'll have to redownload everything. But you'll keep everything you bought including 3DS themes, which is more important than any save file. It gives me an excuse to play and love New Leaf all over again.

It's very important to keep the stuff I bought since the 3DS that broke was an ambassador system.

Lester Roquefort

Pro Squid
NNID
LesterRoquefort
Switch Friend Code
SW-2928-7410-6310
Well then, i guess i'm not getting it then. I have lots of games i play. I also want to keep both systems.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
If you really want the system but want to keep your save files, you'll need to buy a micro SD card of the same size or larger as your current SD card. And you'll need a computer that reads both SD and Micro SD cards if not, you'll need to get an adapter.

The way I did it is odd because the old system broke. The only way I could get the stuff I purchased back was to call Nintendo. Most people don't have to jump through those hoops though. If your old system works you don't need to call Nintendo. There's a transfer tool on the E-Shop and it's really easy to use or so I hear. Just make sure you have a computer that can read both types of SD Cards because at one point you'll need to copy everything from the old SD card to the new Micro SD card and that requires a computer.

You can also buy the game if you really want a go at it, it's not New 3DS exclusive, but you can't read the amiibo cards without the adapter or a new 3DS.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
I gave my HHD code to my brother and the download finished last night and he's been playing it non-stop. These are the things he told me.

1. Character creation is much different than before. You do not get asked questions that determine your appearance. You have a new menu where you personally select the face, hair, and skin tone of your character. If you couldn't tell, you couldn't change your skin tone before. This is a feature I want the new AC game to keep.

2. Amiibo cards are not only used to summon characters early (it's slightly random who'll be your client that day, sometimes it's pre determined to teach you something) but they are used to change the positions of the employees who work at the building such as the School, Hospital, and such. When you make a new building, characters are randomly assigned to the positions. You can't choose who gets what spot. And you can't change them unless you have the cards. They are also the only way to design houses for "special characters" such as Isabelle, Reese, and DJ K.K. who disappear permanently after their introduction unless you get their card. Gee, thanks Nintendo.

3. The house designing part is the best part because there's a lot more to do to it, but it is the game's major selling point.

4. You do not get to roam a town, only the outside of Nook's Homes, where you find new clients for that day. Very dull if you ask me.

5. You are forced to wear the red blazer when you're doing your job, you can visit the villagers and buildings you've already made with any outfit you unlock.

6. Doing jobs for certain villagers unlocks certain items, clothes, and furniture for you to use now and later.

Aside from some improvements, this game is mostly not a sequel to New Leaf, more of a spin off for hardcore fans. It doesn't sound interesting to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom