Animal Crossing Social Thread

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
I hate to do this, but I'm gonna post a recent trailer for *shivers* Amiibo Festival here.

First watched this yesterday before I went in the movie theater to watch the Peanuts Movie and I gotten super salty because of it. From the looks of this, it really hasn't changed all that much since E3. And I've heard this game isn't exactly 'free'. It will be if you buy the most likely gonna be scalped Amiibo. At this point, I don't think I'll even bother with the AC Amiibo. It's just a way to support the game and I do not want to do that.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
I hate to do this, but I'm gonna post a recent trailer for *shivers* Amiibo Festival here.

First watched this yesterday before I went in the movie theater to watch the Peanuts Movie and I gotten super salty because of it. From the looks of this, it really hasn't changed all that much since E3. And I've heard this game isn't exactly 'free'. It will be if you buy the most likely gonna be scalped Amiibo. At this point, I don't think I'll even bother with the AC Amiibo. It's just a way to support the game and I do not want to do that.
I try not to think that game even exists.

Nothing really new is happening in my AC:NL town since I've gotten back into Monster Hunter and I just started a new character, it'll be awhile before I report anything new in the wonderful and beautiful town of Mapleton. But I hope some of you are still enjoying New Leaf, as it looks like we're stuck with it for longer than anticipated...

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
I still do not see the harm of the game. It looks like a decent enough time passer if you don't necessarily want to yell at your friends through Mario Party, and spin-offs in such a strong Nintendo franchise was inevitable. Literally my only gripe on the game itself is the amiibo.

I suppose a drought in between the main series is a bit of an issue, but it's not like there was ever a non-main series Animal Crossing game until now, so it's hard to fault them for trying something different.

Last edited:

MintChipper

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TonyEH
I don't get the hate, the game doesn't look that bad, and they're probably doing it to get a popular IP on the console before the NX launches next year. Also some of the Animal Crossing team worked on Splatoon so I'm sure after they finished making it that they didn't want to rush a mediocre sequel that didn't live up to New Leaf.

Tentatek

Inkling
NNID
AmphaGooMarill
I personally won't be getting that; I'm waiting for a real AC: Wii U/NX/Whatever the next console's gonna be. Probably not happening anytime soon with HHD and Amiibo Festival, but there's still hope.

Marcel moved out, and Margie moved in from the campsite. c: Margie would most certainly not live in a forest, but meh, she's cute. ^-^

I've been watching a bunch of ACHHD videos on YouTube by SwimmyBird; I find them hilarious. XD I wish the game wasn't FREAKING $40 BUCKS so it wouldn't take up so much of my Christmas. The game is hardly worth that much money. $30, maybe, but $40 really isn't worth it. :/

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
I'm bored of Monster Hunter for now, so I'll go start up New Leaf once more tomorrow cause there's nothing to do at 12AM.:P

Right now I'm working on getting the stuff from Brewster by working part time and getting a Blue Rose from breeding Red Rose+'s but the process is taking longer than I anticipated but I want to grow one for my character to put it on her mouth because I'm not letting a Blue Rose lie in town just waiting to get trampled on. I also need to keep buying fertilizer for the Golden Shovel and buy the Harvest Set for my home since it's the season, not only that, I also need get Resetti's pic, I do believe I'm close and the dialogue is hilarious so far.

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
I don't get the hate, the game doesn't look that bad, and they're probably doing it to get a popular IP on the console before the NX launches next year. Also some of the Animal Crossing team worked on Splatoon so I'm sure after they finished making it that they didn't want to rush a mediocre sequel that didn't live up to New Leaf.
It is bad if you're trying to find all of the Amiibo for it. You have to buy them in order to play the game. Not to mention the game looked really bare bones. It's almost like an even worse version of Mario Party. From what I hear, even Mario Party 10 had the same issues as Amiibo Festival, so here's my question. Why in the hell do they think it'll work again for an AC game? Nintendo never learns when it comes to repeatedly making the same mistakes with something else. This is why I think they need new blood fast. This is too ridiculous. -__-.

Oh, and there's no reviews for Amiibo Festival yet. Either Nintendo's ashamed of it and didn't give out review copies or from what I've read from another forum, the reviewers never got their Amiibo yet. This is just too hilarious.

MintChipper

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TonyEH
It is bad if you're trying to find all of the Amiibo for it. You have to buy them in order to play the game. Not to mention the game looked really bare bones. It's almost like an even worse version of Mario Party. From what I hear, even Mario Party 10 had the same issues as Amiibo Festival, so here's my question. Why in the hell do they think it'll work again for an AC game? Nintendo never learns when it comes to repeatedly making the same mistakes with something else. This is why I think they need new blood fast. This is too ridiculous. -__-.

Oh, and there's no reviews for Amiibo Festival yet. Either Nintendo's ashamed of it and didn't give out review copies or from what I've read from another forum, the reviewers never got their Amiibo yet. This is just too hilarious.
Eh, to each's own, me and my 2 friends love Mario party and Animal Crossing so I pre-ordered the bundle for us. I might get the three pack but I don't know.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
At least Mario Party 10 can be played without amiibos. All they do us just unlock one of the modes, that's it. And in it, you only actually need one even with four people, they can play as the cardboard cut out versions. Bowser Party and Mario Party don't use them at all. Too bad the game isn't that great.

amiibo Festival requires an amiibo to even do anything in it. And we're not getting the Wii U AC game because of it. (And maybe Splatoon, but then I'd rather have Splatoon) where we still got Super Mario Maker despite Mario Party 10 existing.

Well, time to get on AC:NL and say hi to Bam who's wondering why hasn't the mayor said hi to him yet.

Clawford

Full Squid
NNID
Clawford
At least the Mario Party 10 amiibo boards weren't as one sided as the main boards. I know that the game tries to favor strategic choices with the special dice blocks, but the minigames and board events heavily influence whoever has gotten the lucky spots.

So does AC:AF have a flat bell award for minigames?

lostleader

Senior Squid
NNID
lostleader
Just popping in to reinforce what others have been saying for a while, amiibo Festival is bad. Like bad, bad.

There is way too many perplexing design choices that just make the whole game a big question mark unless you fill that answer with money grubbing. Let's put it this way, you cant even start the game without an amiibo that works with this. (come to think of it, Pamazing anti-used sale strat Nintendo). Then when you open the game up for the first two times (assuming you play a board to completion) You are completely unable to access the rest of the mini games. On top of that all Mini games have to be unlocked with happy tickets which are earn via happy points, thus grinding to get the rest of the game to work. So realistically we are looking at 5 to 6 hours of grinding just to play the whole game, which again you need amiibo to play with.

And this isn't even going into the odd choices of having to constantly tap your amiibo for nearly every action, sharing the gamepad, the extensive amount of time it takes for a board to finish, the fact that 80% of the game is entirely luck based, and 90% if you are doing the whole month instead of a time limit. Let's put it in a neat let frame on how absurd this gets. There is a mole game that requires 3 amiibo cards, no big D ya? Well on top of having the cards you also need to tap each one on to the gamepad in order to use said character to whack a mole. For those unfamiliar with whack a mole, its meant to be a fast paced game, so just imagine trying to alternate and switch constantly between 3 amiibo cards on the small corner of the Wii U Game pad.

This is outright coming from someone that WANTED TO SUPPORT THIS GAME.

It really is an unfortunate thing that this game is a literal cash grab. This game honestly has some potential, but the simple lack of not being able to press a simple button makes this one of the most counter intuitive games ever. And the ironic thing is? When playing as a 2nd - 4th player guest, you can use the buttons on the gamepad, so not only showing you that the game is fully aware it can do it, but also they give the option to other people, BUT NOT THE FIRST PLAYER. You don't even need your amiibo apart of scanning it at the beginning and end bits.

Just....Ugh...people saw it a mile away

Last edited:

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Just popping in to reinforce what others have been saying for a while, amiibo Festival is bad. Like bad, bad.

There is way too may perplexing design choices that just make the whole game a big question mark unless you feel that answer with money grubbing. Let's put it this way, you cant even start the game without an amiibo that works with this. (come to think of it, Pamazing anti-used sale strat Nintendo). Then when you open the game up for the first two times (assuming you play a board to completion) You are completely unable to access the rest of the mini games. On top of that all Mini games have to be unlocked with happy tickets which are earn via happy points, thus grinding to get the rest of the game to work. So realistically we are looking at 5 to 6 hours of grinding just to play the whole game, which again you need amiibo to play with.

And this isn't even going into the odd choices of having to constantly tap your amiibo for nearly every action, sharing the gamepad, the extensive amount of time it takes for a board to finish, the fact that 80% of the game is entirely luck based, and 90% if you are doing the whole month instead of a time limit. Let's put it in a neat let frame on how absurd this gets. There is a mole game that requires 3 amiibo cards, no big D ya? Well on top of having the cards you also need to tap each one on to the gamepad in order to use said character to whack a mole. For those unfamiliar with whack a mole, its meant to be a fast paced game, so just imagine trying to alternate and switch constantly between 3 amiibo cards on the small corner of the Wii U Game pad.

It really is an unfortunate thing that this game is a literal cash grab. This game honestly has some potential, but the simple lack of not being able to press a simple button makes this one of the most counter intuitive games ever. And the ironic thing is? When playing as a 2nd - 4th player guest, you can use the buttons on the gamepad, so not only showing you that the game is fully aware it can do it, but also they give the option to other people, BUT NOT THE FIRST PLAYER. You don't even need your amiibo apart of scanning it at the beginning and end bits.

H-How could they make amiibo festival worse than the amiibo party mode in Mario Party 10!? How? Why? I knew this game looked awful, but I didn't expect it to be that bad. I'm really sorry you payed for something that really depressed you. Now I'm really bummed we got this terrible game instead of a proper AC game for the Wii U. It sounds like a massive cashgrab with no reward!

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant

There is way too many perplexing design choices that just make the whole game a big question mark unless you fill that answer with money grubbing. Let's put it this way, you cant even start the game without an amiibo that works with this. (come to think of it, Pamazing anti-used sale strat Nintendo). Then when you open the game up for the first two times (assuming you play a board to completion) You are completely unable to access the rest of the mini games. On top of that all Mini games have to be unlocked with happy tickets which are earn via happy points, thus grinding to get the rest of the game to work. So realistically we are looking at 5 to 6 hours of grinding just to play the whole game, which again you need amiibo to play with.

Hah, I knew it would be a terrible game in the end! Poor design choices equals an awful game along with being a cash grab.

Seriously, why would Nintendo approve of this? They should know not to greenlight something like this. I thought they care about quality when it comes to their products. Now they released yet another bad product after TFH didn't do so hot.

Now I hope Nintendo will learn to not make something like this again.......maybe.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Hah, I knew it would be a terrible game in the end! Poor design choices equals an awful game along with being a cash grab.

Seriously, why would Nintendo approve of this? They should know not to greenlight something like this. I thought they care about quality when it comes to their products. Now they released yet another bad product after TFH didn't do so hot.

Now I hope Nintendo will learn to not make something like this again.......maybe.
The scary part: It's worse than I envisioned. In what world was this greenlit with how it turned out to be. I can't believe I'm saying this, but this is Nintendo branded Shovelware. I feel so bad for the poor people who paid for this expecting at least Mario Party 10 in quality. I mean, that game isn't great, but that game is not.... this thing.

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
The scary part: It's worse than I envisioned. In what world was this greenlit with how it turned out to be. I can't believe I'm saying this, but this is Nintendo branded Shovelware. I feel so bad for the poor people who paid for this expecting at least Mario Party 10 in quality. I mean, that game isn't great, but that game is not.... this thing.
And this is coming from a company that used to make really great games in the past with a good budget. Now? Besides a few, the quality of their games are even worse than companies that only make shovelware. People got cheated when they expected it to play just as good as a Mario Party game, but instead, all they got is.........this poor excuse for an AC game along with being a worse version of Mario Party 10. I can't believe Nintendo will do something like this.

And I know how those people feel. I've felt angry & depressed after finding out that TFH is a complete mess after I played it a few times. It's no OOT, that's for sure.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
And this is coming from a company that used to make really great games in the past with a good budget. Now? Besides a few, the quality of their games are even worse than companies that only make shovelware. People got cheated when they expected it to play just as good as a Mario Party game, but instead, all they got is.........this poor excuse for an AC game along with being a worse version of Mario Party 10. I can't believe Nintendo will do something like this.

And I know how those people feel. I've felt angry & depressed after finding out that TFH is a complete mess after I played it a few times. It's no OOT, that's for sure.
I don't consider it an AC game, that's how selfish I am about AC. I simply refer it as "amiibo Festival" because that's all it is. A game meant to drain money out of you with amiibos.

It doesn't have a digital version, so you have to rush to the store to buy it, and it cost what $50, $60? I don't care enough to remember. And it only comes with 3 cards and two figures! Where do you get more cards? Blind packs. Have fun trying get Isabelle for ONE game mode! I hear she's shortpacked. Where do you get more figures? At the store, along with the ever so lasting issues that all amiibo have. And all of this time and money for a....boring board game without any minigames and it's more luck based than Mario Party 10 which one of it's issues was being too luck based. I'm sorry, is this a joke Nintendo? I'm not laughing.

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
I don't consider it an AC game, that's how selfish I am about AC. I simply refer it as "amiibo Festival" because that's all it is. A game meant to drain money out of you with amiibos.

It doesn't have a digital version, so you have to rush to the store to buy it, and it cost what $50, $60? I don't care enough to remember. And it only comes with 3 cards and two figures! Where do you get more cards? Blind packs. Have fun trying get Isabelle for ONE game mode! I hear she's shortpacked. Where do you get more figures? At the store, along with the ever so lasting issues that all amiibo have. And all of this time and money for a....boring board game without any minigames and it's more luck based than Mario Party 10 which one of it's issues was being too luck based. I'm sorry, is this a joke Nintendo? I'm not laughing.
That's another major problem with Amiibo Festival. The fact they only make a few of those figurines & cards will prove really difficult for people who are still looking for certain ones without relying on eBay or something. Nintendo's just making this situation much worse for everyone thanks to this crap. I think this whole thing's a scam just so the scalpers will give Nintendo more money while others will have a real difficult time finding the Amiibo. If they keep on doing this kind of thing with future games, then I'm jumping off this bandwagon. Acts like this is inexcusable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom