• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Animal Crossing Social Thread

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Busy struggling with a new phone so I didn't the chance to experience server issues to dive into the seedy microtransaction underbelly of this game.

So far, only had enough time to dip a pinkie toe in.

20171122_014143.png

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
I understood this game would be stripped down, but they really stripped it down. And not in a good way.

It feels very grindy. Also not in a good way.

The animals are kind of boring, but that could be because everyone has the same exact dialog and actions and personality. They feel like needy objects always wanting more and more of the same objects than lil critters I grow somewhat attached to. So far, without spending anything the leaf tickets are flowing steadily, but I feel there's a point where I'll hit a climb where they'll become exceedingly necessary to continue. Like many free-to-play-with-microtransactions games.

At the least (or best?) it does make me pine for a new, full, true Animal Crossing game... which we'll probably see in the next four to five years. ouch...

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
It is grindy, but eh. It's grindy in a passive way, and at least the villagers campers don't get all passive-aggressive at you if you don't talk to them on the daily =p

I'm more annoyed that I'll have to build a whole new tent to get some of these guys to level up to the point where they give me the items I want. Priorities, amirite

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
I'm really REALLY hoping we get Marina & Pearl amiibos, and they put some more items into New Leaf...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom