• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Any Christian fans/players out there?

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
I'm just curious, since I don't really know how many Splatoon fans out there are Christians, and I kind of want to feel included and not alone in a community like that. If you're not a Christian, do you have any Christian friends/family or anything? Do you know another user on here who is? I hate to sound desperate, but I'd like someone to talk to who shares my faith, even if it's not in the exact same way! Thank you and God bless you all! (I know everyone says that but I had to...)

CavvieKat

Inkster Jr.
Oh, honey, I promise you, you're not alone! My brothers and I, for example, are very devoted to our faith in Christ, and we love Splatoon to pieces! I just don't think it's something that ever comes up during discussion in the community, nor do we go out of our way to bring it up, so we go on not knowing how many others are out there.

I know how hard it can be to find people who are both Christian and also connect with you through a shared interest, and how important it is to have friends who will help encourage you in your faith. If you want to drop me a message and exchange codes or anything, don't hesitate! Try not to let that lonely feeling eat you up. I'm sure there are more of us out there than you think! <3

kunoichi squid

Inkling Cadet
I'm Christian (even if people don't consider Catholic that :oops:). I can't believe I finally found someone else who's Christian! :scared: But I'm glad to have! :D

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
I'm a Protestant, but I do count Catholics, even if we don't share every belief. Hey, it's great to know that I have fellow brothers and sisters in Christ on here! :D

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
I'm a Protestant, but I do count Catholics, even if we don't share every belief. Hey, it's great to know that I have fellow brothers and sisters in Christ on here! :D

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
Does anyone want to chat?

Starting questions if anyone's interested! (And yes, "none," "neutral" and "Do I have to choose?" are acceptable answers. :P)

1. Squid Sisters or Off the Hook?
2. Favorite band in general?
3. Inkling or Octoling?
4. Any OCs?
5. Theories or headcanons?

kunoichi squid

Inkling Cadet
Does anyone want to chat?

Starting questions if anyone's interested! (And yes, "none," "neutral" and "Do I have to choose?" are acceptable answers. :p)

3. Inkling or Octoling?
4. Any OCs?
I'm game! :D
1. Squid Sisters, but I do like Marina a lot, too!
2. Do I have to choose? I have so many; I listen to a wide variety of music so it's hard to choose
3. Both
4. My brother's and my OCs are in my profile picture (Sky is my brother's and Luna) and we have two Octoling OCs (my brother's is Lucky and mine is Faith boy and girl respectively)
5. Too many to name, but one big one is that the Inklings and Octolings looked just like miniature versions of themselves when they were kids/babies like we do as humans and not covered in ink.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
1. Off The Hook. Better music, both look different.
2. SashiMori
3. Inkling
4. Nah
5. I love theories for Splatoon

CavvieKat

Inkster Jr.
The Squid Sisters for sure!! I thought they had a better dynamic going between their personalities, and I loved how much they developed throughout the course of each Splatfest in the original game
In Splatoon? Squid Squad. Nothing can beat "Splattack" as a general Turf War theme.
3. Inkling or Octoling?
I do like both! But I was team Squid during the Squid VS Octopus fest. They hold a special place in my heart.
4. Any OCs?
For as many OCs as I have, none of them are really part of the Splatoon universe. I have given nicknames to my Inkling and Octoling personas though, and I imagine they each have unique personalities. My Inkling gal, who I started calling "Bubblegum," I like to imagine as very ladylike and confident. My Octoling, on the other hand, I imagine is very tomboyish.
My favorite headcanon is one that I came up with my younger brothers, but it contains spoilers for Hero Mode in Splatoon 2!
During the final boss, Marie shoots the glasses off of Callie's face and says that she used her "special, low-tide ink." My bro theorized that this special ink might have some sort of calming properties, (like lavender oil for example) and it helped Callie snap out of her trance. I went on to theorize, if Marie's ink is naturally calming, then would that explain why she's such a chill character in general? Inklings are made out of ink, so it seemed to make sense, in a wacky way.
We now headcanon that, when the two cousins were children, Marie always had a way of calming Callie down before performances and the like, and Callie was able to hype Marie up when necessary. The two complement each other well.

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
I'm game! :D
1. Squid Sisters, but I do like Marina a lot, too!
2. Do I have to choose? I have so many; I listen to a wide variety of music so it's hard to choose
3. Both
4. My brother's and my OCs are in my profile picture (Sky is my brother's and Luna) and we have two Octoling OCs (my brother's is Lucky and mine is Faith boy and girl respectively)
5. Too many to name, but one big one is that the Inklings and Octolings looked just like miniature versions of themselves when they were kids/babies like we do as humans and not covered in ink.
1. Yeah, the Squid Sisters have some great music! :D Who doesn't like Marina? She's such a great character!
2. That's so true! So many great artists to choose from, in both games!
3. I think I kind of agree. Squids and octos are both great in their own ways! Some of the other sea creatures are also appealing IMO, such as anemones and sea slugs.
4. I've only been into Splatoon since Christmas and already I've got so many! Right now I have Inklings Shizue, Joy (in my PFP), Rachel, and Daniel, Octolings Lana, Noah, Rebekah and Yumena, and humanoid sea angel Charity.
5. Seems legit. I always found it weird that they apparently look all "squiddy" when they're younger, even though we see a young Callie and Marie and they look normal.

1. Off The Hook. Better music, both look different.
2. SashiMori
3. Inkling
4. Nah
5. I love theories for Splatoon
1. I personally think Off the Hook does have some catchy music, and I admire that they write their own songs. Also, man, Marina can sing!
2. SashiMori is a great band! They really handle the vocal chops well, although they are rather bizarre, especially with the gastropod-in-heels band member. That's just what I think. But I really enjoy listening to them!
3. Ah, yes. The classic Inklings! I'm especially fond of Agent 3.
4. Ah, that's fine. Not everyone does that.
5. They're really interesting, aren't they? My favorite existing theory is that the "scary" boss room sounds are actually the clanking and screeching of trains. And that might be true!

The Squid Sisters for sure!! I thought they had a better dynamic going between their personalities, and I loved how much they developed throughout the course of each Splatfest in the original game
In Splatoon? Squid Squad. Nothing can beat "Splattack" as a general Turf War theme.
3. Inkling or Octoling?
I do like both! But I was team Squid during the Squid VS Octopus fest. They hold a special place in my heart.
4. Any OCs?
For as many OCs as I have, none of them are really part of the Splatoon universe. I have given nicknames to my Inkling and Octoling personas though, and I imagine they each have unique personalities. My Inkling gal, who I started calling "Bubblegum," I like to imagine as very ladylike and confident. My Octoling, on the other hand, I imagine is very tomboyish.
My favorite headcanon is one that I came up with my younger brothers, but it contains spoilers for Hero Mode in Splatoon 2!
During the final boss, Marie shoots the glasses off of Callie's face and says that she used her "special, low-tide ink." My bro theorized that this special ink might have some sort of calming properties, (like lavender oil for example) and it helped Callie snap out of her trance. I went on to theorize, if Marie's ink is naturally calming, then would that explain why she's such a chill character in general? Inklings are made out of ink, so it seemed to make sense, in a wacky way.
We now headcanon that, when the two cousins were children, Marie always had a way of calming Callie down before performances and the like, and Callie was able to hype Marie up when necessary. The two complement each other well.
1. I agree! The Squid Sisters are family, and thus have a more heartwarming dynamic, plus their place in the campaign is great! Also, "Fresh Start" and "Maritime Memory" both make me cry...
2. Ah, yes. Splattack is a classic, and a catchy one at that. The Jam Session is one of my favorite versions!
3. I can't play in Splatfests yet, unfortunately, especially since I don't have Splat 2, but I'm honestly not sure who to choose. Inklings have so much boundless energy and cheer, but Octos are adorable in that they are clueless about the surface world and are generally a bit, uh...softer...in personality, if that's a good word.
4. Hmm. I'm not sure what I'd name mine, but I think of Agent 3 as a "Samantha" for some reason...?
5. Ah, that makes a lot of sense! Her color is also green, which is a naturally calm color.

c y c l o n e

Inkling
NNID
hsmazz
Switch Friend Code
SW-0765-1586-1500
I'm just curious, since I don't really know how many Splatoon fans out there are Christians, and I kind of want to feel included and not alone in a community like that. If you're not a Christian, do you have any Christian friends/family or anything? Do you know another user on here who is? I hate to sound desperate, but I'd like someone to talk to who shares my faith, even if it's not in the exact same way! Thank you and God bless you all! (I know everyone says that but I had to...)
Yes I'm a christian! I'm SDA...

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
Ah, okay. I think my family is Charismatic but I go to a Reformed church.

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
Just letting you guys know, I've made a group for Christian Splatoon fans! Why don't we move over there and chew the fat? (...do sea animals even have fat? eh whatever.)

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
(Also, yeah, now that I think of it that icon is pretty bad...anyone have any suggestions for changing it?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom