• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Any Christian fans/players out there?

briank913

Pro Squid
NNID
briank913
Switch Friend Code
SW-0159-0074-0919
I'm just curious, since I don't really know how many Splatoon fans out there are Christians, and I kind of want to feel included and not alone in a community like that. If you're not a Christian, do you have any Christian friends/family or anything? Do you know another user on here who is? I hate to sound desperate, but I'd like someone to talk to who shares my faith, even if it's not in the exact same way! Thank you and God bless you all! (I know everyone says that but I had to...)
I randomly just Googled Christian Splatoon player and this came up! I'd love to play with brothers and sisters in God's kingdom! Let's get something going yeah?

Ponds

Inkster Jr.
I may be REALLY late but are there still chances to become friends? ♡ (I'm protestant)

Ponds

Inkster Jr.
1. Squid Sisters r just og ♡
2. Diss-Pair
3. Inkling
4. No :/
5. Sounds silly but 1. I had a headcanon where Warabi (the DJ from Diss-Pair) is an descendant from DJ Octavio. 2. I actually got a bit "hate" not really hate, for this one but i ship Warabi with Marina. Idk if that counts to headcanon...

briank913

Pro Squid
NNID
briank913
Switch Friend Code
SW-0159-0074-0919
I may be REALLY late but are there still chances to become friends? ♡ (I'm protestant)
Protestant here too! Blessings and welcome! We see people joining in recently but better late than never yeah? What do you main and what modes do you usually play?

Ponds

Inkster Jr.
Protestant here too! Blessings and welcome! We see people joining in recently but better late than never yeah? What do you main and what modes do you usually play?
I main mostly annaki splattershot nova, and now I try it with the ballpoint splatling (I'm bad with it but it's fun). I mostly play salmon run. 👍🏻

briank913

Pro Squid
NNID
briank913
Switch Friend Code
SW-0159-0074-0919
I main mostly annaki splattershot nova, and now I try it with the ballpoint splatling (I'm bad with it but it's fun). I mostly play salmon run. 👍🏻
Ballpoint is fun! I'm not a backline person normally but if I had to pick a Splatling, it'd be either the Ballpoint or Hydra!
Funny you mention Salmon Run. I do want to try for EVP 999/Hazard Level Max. There's also the Golden Weapon Rotation this weekend I'm actually stoked for!

PK_Spartan

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-0989-6225-9197
Nice to see other Christians, it is a rarity. We should really band together and make a place for us to commune. The Splatoon Community is hostile towards our beliefs so it's refreshing to talk amongst ourselves once in a while.

Cephalobro

Nice to see other Christians, it is a rarity. We should really band together and make a place for us to commune. The Splatoon Community is hostile towards our beliefs so it's refreshing to talk amongst ourselves once in a while.
I'd say it's more like a very loud but annoying minority part of the Splatoon community that's hostile toward us Christians. But you're still right that it's refreshing for us to be able to commune without someone being hostile to us.

briank913

Pro Squid
NNID
briank913
Switch Friend Code
SW-0159-0074-0919
I'm down for this. In fact, I've been asking for this too. I'd be up to make a Pool for us Christians to play as I recently discovered how to thanks to Big Run. So if you want me to, I'll get it done.

There's also a Christian Splatoon content creator I discovered: LiasLounge777. I think we can definitely offer encouragement with viewerships and a subscribe.

I'd say it's more like a very loud but annoying minority part of the Splatoon community that's hostile toward us Christians. But you're still right that it's refreshing for us to be able to commune without someone being hostile to us.
Definitely this: it's not the community itself that's hostile: but Splatoon in America is populated with those who have beliefs contrary to Scriptures. But then again, this is true for practically any community.

But I've also played with JP players and they are either students or YA salarymen who don't have as much time to play competitive or are hardcore competitive player. They're not the "agree with me or you're a homophobe/transphobe/misogynist/bigot" type you see in the US.

Cephalobro

Sorry I'm late to answering the questions, but better late than never right?

1. It depends, but I liked the Squid Sisters's music better than Off the Hook's

2. Hightide Era, their music brings in a sense of nostalgia to me for some reason

3. Octoling

4. I have seven so far: Octoling OCs named Coral, Kelp, Shark (an adult Octoling), and Dolphin (also an adult Octoling), and tentacle Octarian OCs named Clam (Octotrooper), Ocean (Octobomber), and General Anemone (Octohurler, he's the older brother of Kelp and Ocean's mother as well as the brother-in-law of their father).

Character connections: Coral and Clam are brothers, Kelp and Ocean are sisters, Shark (he's extremely skilled with chargers) is married to Dolphin (she's pregnant by the way), General Anemone is Kelp and Ocean's uncle. Coral and Kelp are dating, Clam and Ocean are dating.

5. So one of my headcannons is that female Inklings and female Octolings do get pregnant, but they lay their eggs only a few days before the child is born. A theory of mine, which is mostly confirmed at this point, is that cut-off Octoling tentacles become tentacle Octarians naturally after enough time has passed.

Last edited:

Ponds

Inkster Jr.
I'm on Board! :D

briank913

Pro Squid
NNID
briank913
Switch Friend Code
SW-0159-0074-0919
@Ponds @Cephalobro @PK_Spartan @Bennet @9DB
I made a Pool in-game for us: Christoon

Feel free to tag/share this to anyone I missed who'd be interested! I'll try to make a Discord server too for those of you who do use them if you want me to! Just let me know.

To any other Inklings and Octolings of Christian faith, you are more than welcome to join! :D

9DB

Inkling Cadet
@Ponds @Cephalobro @PK_Spartan @Bennet @9DB
I made a Pool in-game for us: Christoon

Feel free to tag/share this to anyone I missed who'd be interested! I'll try to make a Discord server too for those of you who do use them if you want me to! Just let me know.

To any other Inklings and Octolings of Christian faith, you are more than welcome to join! :D
Nice. I'll join it.

D

Deleted member

I will join once I get ungrounded from what my sister did and lied about me doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom