• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Any Specific Weapon Kit You're Hoping for in Splatoon 2?

Glimster

Inkster Jr.
NNID
HOPE_Glimmer
As all weapons are supposed to be returning and from what we know about the new subs and specials,I was wondering if there's any specific weapon/kit combos you guys are hoping for? Personally I'm hoping for a H-3 Nozzlenose with burst bombs and tenta missiles or the sting ray. A sloshing machine with burst bombs would be awesome too. Pretty much I just love burst bombs.

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Inkbrush + burst bombs + ink-cloud special.

Thank you, good night.

Burst bombs would solve the issues of both inkbrush's tiny range AND horrible tall wall painting.
ink cloud because more distraction for you to get in close with your brushido technique.

Last edited:

Magic8Ball

Inkling Cadet
Community Ambassador
NNID
M4g1c8Ball
Although you could argue that the Soda Slosher is a good Tower weapon, I would love to see this:

Slosher + Suction Bomb + Tenta Missles

I loved the Suction/Wail set on Splat Roller, but I feel as though the up close and personal CQC just didn't fit the kit well. With the spacing necessary for Sloshing Success, there wouldn't be any dire situations for Burst Bombs or a panic special, making a much more long range kit viable. Not only would it be able to shove people off Tower with Suction, if even a weak hit splashes anyone near the Tower, Slosher would have a beautiful follow up. If there's too many people on Tower to get close, just paint up (an easy thing to do with the Slosher) and fire off a quick Tenta Missle for easy pressure. Snipers in a hard to reach spot? Suction Bomb. Need to force your opponent closer to your Slosher? Suction Bomb. It would be a great thing to test out and use with the Slosher, since I am a sucker for Suction Bombs. The only thing that would still be a problem is Ink efficiency, but that's a problem with all Slosher kits soooooo…

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
OH also I can't forget.

Dynamo + disruptor + any special(maybe splashdown?)

I'm just curious how a dynamo+disruptor would play out ;p

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Really need to see what all the subs and specials are gonna be, so I'll get back to you on this after E3!

Astral

Astral Finish!
NNID
AstralFinish
96 with splashwall lmao i dont care what special since it barely gets kraken

vanille987

Inkling Cadet
NNID
777SAS777
an bamboozler with splat bombs and splat down.
somewhat random idea, but splat bombs on bamboozler would be interesting.
Splat down can be a life saver or cause surprise splats in different ways.

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
I just hope range blaster + burst bomb comes back. Because burst canceling is awesome. And whatever special it comes with wouldn't cramp the viability of the weapon because it doesn't really need an extremely good special.

Let's be honest here, who uses the Grim for the Wail anyway? So for now, I hope the kit is the range blaster with burst bombs and sting ray.

Energyblade7

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Energyblade
Squiffer + Curling Bomb + Ink Storm or Splashdown

Giving a Squiffer some CC with the Curling Bombs and Ink Storm would allow the kit an aggressive edge compared to most other chargers, plus the Curling Bomb will allow it to over-extent for short periods of time, so you can more easily secure a splat.

If not the Ink Storm than the Splashdown + Curling Bomb can act as an escape route, get some space between enemies and escape with a Curling Bomb, plus the kit than can give it a more Supportive/Aggressive playstyle.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Fair enough.Hopefully we'll know a lot more about online multiplayer by then.
I suppose I can still do it based on what we know currently. The tried and true Slosher + Burst Bombs is definitely something I want to return, and for it's special perhaps the Ink rain. I'd also like a Splattershot Pro and Rapid Blaster Pro with burst bombs, but I suppose that might be infringing on the Custom Jet Squelcher. I'm thinking the Splashdown will mostly be used as a defensive tool, so I'd hope it's given to plenty of ranged weapons like the Heavy Splatling and Bamboozler. Then on the otherside, I'd hope the Stingray and Tentamissles are given to many short range weapons.

OogieBoogie

Pro Squid
NNID
MrOogieBoogie
I only played the original story mode and the recent test fire and fell in LOVE with the curling bombs. I would love to be able to use either the Roller or Slosher (I like those heavy hitters with less aim needed and in your face action) with curling bombs for good zoning and distraction with (here comes the noob in me) the special that you simple jump into the air and make a massive splash of your ink in a large radius.

dylan_not_bob

Stardust Crusquider
Hard to say for sure, not knowing what new specials I'll like... But I feel that I'd like any combination of:

Inkbrush/Mini Splatling + Curling Bomb/Poison Mist + Jetpack/Ink Cloud

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Revising my proposed broken Dynamo roller build

Dynamo Roller + Toxic mist + Ink storm

not only do you have a potential for double mist + dynamo flick zoning
But you add on the faster to use Ink-storm special that will instantly refill your ink...

Suddenly you have quad mist + dynamo flick(s?) + ink-storm zoning
A quarter of the map(or more) shut down by one player? Seems balanced 2 me ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom