• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Any Splatoon Dreams you Had?

Cephalobro

When we sleep, we can get visions whether they are possible or impossible. I'll just share mine since I do have a knack of being able to remember them, but I only had three of them so far.

The first one would be a cool game mechanic, the mechanic in question is that in multiplayer matches, you would be able to summon Octarians to guard a part of the stage that you don't want the opposing team going into. The example shown in my dream was an Octotrooper who noticed an enemy player and started shooting at that player. However, I believe this mechanic could be used for a different version of Salmon Run instead.

The next two are sort of weird, this next one is even shorter, so I'll just summarize that in this one, I had an Inkling girlfriend. In speaking of having a Splatoon girlfriend, the final one that I had so far instead Marina was my girlfriend.

Again, dreams can be unpredictable on what it is about. One dream would be chasing a fish underwater, the next thing you know, you would be facing a T-Rex.

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
I had a nightmare about Inklings' heads falling off once, but since then my Splatoon dreams have been relatively better. I think I had a dream about persisting on a campaign level once. I don't think I beat it in the dream though.

Cephalobro

I actually forgot about a fourth Splatoon dream I had, I was dreaming that I was playing Splatoon 3, the hub was a lot more open than Inkopolis Square, basically more similar to Inkopolis Plaza than Inkopolis Square, after that, I don't remember much else except that weirdly, it was at a parking lot behind a huge building with a screen that rotates to face you.

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
I also dreamt about the Octo Expansion once. (I hope I eventually get Splat 2 and the expansion...)

Absolutely Absol

Pro Squid
First Splatoon-related dream I had was just me playing Splatoon. It happened after my first time playing Splatoon. I'm pretty sure that dream me was playing much better than real life me at that time.

Also, I had two unusual weapon dreams, previously posted in old Weapon Ideas thread at Splatoon 2 sub-forum, IIRC.
Firstly, it was Inkbrush (can't remember what it look like but has similar stats to normal Inkbrush) with vertical fling. Very fancy frontflip but big start-up (but shorter than Dynamo's). Its vertical fling had longer range than E-litre and it can one-shot even at end of range. However, ink trail left by vertical fling is very pathetic, thinner than Sting Ray. Squids can't fit in that trail.

Secondly, I was wielding Splat Charger with Goo Tuber stats. The twist is that laser actually damage. Too bad, its DPS is slower than Sting Ray and doesn't ink. It's just laser, not ink laser.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
One time I played Rainmaker in Waluigi Stadium from Mario Kart Wii.

Cephalobro

I recently had another Splatoon-related dream. So I dreamed that I was a male Octoling who was wearing the same outfit as male Agent 8, then some voice came to talk to me negatively about the main character of a fanfic I'm still working on, then it was revealed that it was just that I traveled to a different universe that made me turn into whatever fits the universe.

Madt123

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
NNID
xerneas
Switch Friend Code
SW-5046-3858-9981
One time I had a dream that my younger brother started playing, and he deleted all my save data 😱

when I woke up I was like, “THANK GOODNESS THAT WAS A DREAM”

Mx_Diva

Splatoon Playing Spinster
Premium
Pronouns
She/Her
NNID
Mx_Diva
Switch Friend Code
SW-6445-1547-4212
An evil Samonid kept trying to kill me. I did everything I could to destroy it until I beat it down with a frying pan and then I woke up.

Hikarimoon

Pro Squid
Pronouns
She/her/hers
Switch Friend Code
SW-2033-5921-7721
I had horrible lag while playing a battle. I kept trying to dip in ink but it just wouldn’t work and then it ended with a message saying that I ran out of ink?!?! It was very strange and I remember having black ink 🤷🏻 (?!?!!!?!?!)
It was a nightmare

Last edited:

Lisku

Inkling Cadet
plenty. I've had dreams about being in splatoon games in 3rd person. I remember this one dream I had playing tower control with stamper on blufin. I had splatted someone and took a selfie for some reason. its really weird how accurate my brain copied blufin.

☆Oblivion☆

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8277-3410-3718
Not a very exciting one but I had a dream were I got rushed on kelp dome clams.
Though in a different dream I got Splatoon 1-10 but they turned out to be bootleg switch carts inside that said something like 1000 in 1 or something.
I do have interesting dreams but they aren't splatoon related unfortunately.

cryfecta

Full Squid
the inner machinations of my mind (an enigma)
Pronouns
she/her
Switch Friend Code
SW-5691-3169-7019
a few, but my favorite would probably be the dream where the splat3 meta consisted of only bloblobbers because by shaking the controller it would form an invincible barrier around the player, and the counterplay was to run point sensors that, when thrown, would manifest grates under the blob player that they would fall through

DzNutsKong

Pro Squid
exactly one where i happened to stumble across a few people i know from this community in some pvp game about dinosaurs. no splatoon gameplay, just this one random other game. it doesn't even exist and i hadn't thought about dinosaurs in a long time LOL

Aiko.Octo

Pro Squid
Pronouns
she/her
Splatoon shows up in my dreams pretty regularly. Most of the time the context is stressful (as most of my dreams are). I remember one in which I was just climbing up flounder heights over and over and over again. I also remember one in which I was on a new salmon map that was high tide, all grates, and a flyfish spawned during glowflies. I had a slightly less stressful dream in which there were cohocks in my childhood bedroom and I was grabbing them and hauling them onto hooks that would then draw them upwards. They didn't try to attack me but they were very heavy and squirmy and hard to hold and carry.

The funniest one to me was when shortly after side order released and I was playing basically nonstop, I had a dream that I was chasing one of those wheelie fish around and it started making the horrifically terrified sound of a car alarm going off. I woke up and there was an actual car alarm going off in my apartment parking lot, lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom