Anyone else really looking forward to seeing Agent 4 in Side Order

isaac4

Inkling Cadet
I really hope they're in Side Order idk what they would do in the story but I don't want them left out of Splatoon 3

KrisSplatoon

Senior Squid
Pronouns
they/she
Switch Friend Code
SW-4981-4348-0990
I really hope they're in Side Order idk what they would do in the story but I don't want them left out of Splatoon 3
Yeah it's kinda hard to see where they would fit into the story since we know so little of it right now, I just think it would make some sense considering both 4 and 8 came from Splatoon 2 and it would be cool if you can fight them much like how you fought Agent 3 in Octo Expansion

nineball

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah it's kinda hard to see where they would fit into the story since we know so little of it right now, I just think it would make some sense considering both 4 and 8 came from Splatoon 2 and it would be cool if you can fight them much like how you fought Agent 3 in Octo Expansion
well, 4 was aligned with team chaos during the final fest so it would make sense if they were allied with pearl somewhat.

3 only came into the story in octo expansion when marina decided to activate the distress signal feature of 8's CQ-80, which apparently doubled as a "summon agent 3" button, so im guessing thats how 4 will make their entrance in side order, something along that line

DoubleDrewski

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5697-8390-4502
If you look at the top of the most recent side order poster, there’s a squid with 4’s hair (and wearing a freaky mask). I’m 90% that’s them

plantknowsyourlocation

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-7194-5500-0728
i don't really understand what people like about the agents that isn't complete headcanon. they aren't, characters. they kinda gave captain 3 something? but it was only post-s1 and it really was just scraps. was still cool to fight your past avatar in oe but i still don't really get it.

Offbeet

Inkling
NNID
Offbeatyoukaiman
Switch Friend Code
SW-2942-9802-6501
is this a confirmation or just you hoping lol? either way i definitely agree

Inkurey22

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-8393-2368-7796
Who doesn't ? And tbf not putting them in would be strange. It's a DLC focused on Sp2 so..

sevenleaf

Pro Squid
Pronouns
they/he
Switch Friend Code
SW-5819-4806-4093
i don't really understand what people like about the agents that isn't complete headcanon. they aren't, characters. they kinda gave captain 3 something? but it was only post-s1 and it really was just scraps. was still cool to fight your past avatar in oe but i still don't really get it.
speaking for myself here - and i was a new player at the start of splatoon 3, so factors like nostalgia/“that’s me from X years ago!!” don’t really apply to me as much as they likely do for others - the ability to headcanon these characters however we want/basically make them into our own OCs is what’s appealing about the agents! it’s been fun to take the scraps of ‘characterization’ we’re given for these player characters and build on them. agent 4 potentially showing up again gives us more material to build on, so that’s exciting. though i get that that’s not everybody’s thing.

anyway, i’m, like… trying not to get my hopes up too much, just in case the shadowy figure with the classic agent 4 haircut in the new art is not them… but it’ll be very cool if that IS agent 4. as i said i’m new here so it’s less of the “it’s been 6-7 years, it’s finally time for 4 to shine!” factor for me (like, knowing what i know about the series to date i agree with that sentiment, but i, personally, haven’t been waiting all this time, you know?) and more that i’m just already dying to know what side order will do with them. if that is 4, of course

KrisSplatoon

Senior Squid
Pronouns
they/she
Switch Friend Code
SW-4981-4348-0990
Yeah you've pretty much nailed it, Nintendo doesn't really tend to put too much substance into their own characters and it's just really fun to come up with your own interpretations

is this a confirmation or just you hoping lol? either way i definitely agree
Definitely just hoping, but look at this picture and tell me you can't see a corrupted Agent 4 in there

1000006833.jpg

DoubleDrewski

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5697-8390-4502
That's why I personally wanna see agent 4. Agent 3 didn't have much of a personality until OE. I'm hoping agent 4 will get some love, especially because they already have some nominal personality (from outside the city, not in with a lot of the culture)

plantknowsyourlocation

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-7194-5500-0728
That's why I personally wanna see agent 4. Agent 3 didn't have much of a personality until OE. I'm hoping agent 4 will get some love, especially because they already have some nominal personality (from outside the city, not in with a lot of the culture)
that actually makes enough sense, thanks

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
Well, I've completed Side Order, so here's Agent 4's role in the story with full spoilers for those who are interested:
Not sure why you would be, though. I highly recommend discovering the lore yourself.

Agent 4 has a palette with the Order Shot, Splat Bomb, and Tri-Zooka. It's the third palette the player unlocks.
Marina wanted Agent 4 to be the head of the memverse's security. This brought them to the attention of Order, who took a part of their soul and turned it into into a palette.

The boss Parallel Canon is composed of 7 to 10 Dark Link-esque androids that look like Inklings, with the lead member of the group having the same hairstyle as Agent 4 from the player's Splatoon 2 data and wielding an Order Shot. It's implied that Smollusk used Agent 4 as a model when creating Parallel Canon in their notes regarding Agent 4's palette.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom