• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Are we cooked?

Lisku

Inkling Commander
At the end of the championship, i saw a lot of people saying “no announcement this game is cooked”. honestly i didn’t think anything would happen, but what do you guys think

isaac4

Inkling Cadet
I wasn't sure if there would be anything but I was really hoping that there would be because my opinion on Splatoon 3 has been really negative lately and I wanted something that would give me a bit more of a positive look for the future of the game. I also wanted an announcement so the tournament could be even more memorable, following all those amazing sets by finally confirming that 3rd kits will happen.
Not having anything doesn't mean the game won't get content extension but that was probably the best time for them to announce if we'd get anything since we're already so close to the final season.

Lisku

Inkling Commander
I wasn't sure if there would be anything but I was really hoping that there would be because my opinion on Splatoon 3 has been really negative lately and I wanted something that would give me a bit more of a positive look for the future of the game. I also wanted an announcement so the tournament could be even more memorable, following all those amazing sets by finally confirming that 3rd kits will happen.
Not having anything doesn't mean the game won't get content extension but that was probably the best time for them to announce if we'd get anything since we're already so close to the final season.
well, at the splatoon3 direct, the narrator said that they planned for *AT LEAST* 2 years of updates. if we do get a content extension, they will probably announce it at the very end.

isaac4

Inkling Cadet
well, at the splatoon3 direct, the narrator said that they planned for *AT LEAST* 2 years of updates. if we do get a content extension, they will probably announce it at the very end.
From what I've heard, they've announced content extension for previous Splatoon games before the end of the games life cycle? Could be wrong but either way we're already extremely close to that 2 year mark.

isaac4

Inkling Cadet
From what I've heard, they've announced content extension for previous Splatoon games before the end of the games life cycle? Could be wrong but either way we're already extremely close to that 2 year mark.
Also adding that having only one new stage, confirming that they're done with adding stages to Salmon Run, and still not having 2nd kits for all weapons doesn't give me much hope for Nintendo wanting to continue support. I think it would make sense too if they're getting close to the end of the Switch era and are instead focused on getting ready for their next console.

isaac4

Inkling Cadet
@DzNutsKong
Just saw what you sent me so I'm slightly more optimistic about what they'll do lol, but I still think what I said earlier makes sense and could end up happening.

DzNutsKong

Inkling Cadet
For context - I think that we're going to get at least a very small content extension. Part of the reason why is datamine-related so I'll spoiler tag it.
Basically, in the game there's been data for a new Splatana and Stringer for a while, but in case you're not aware more recently they added some VERY hollowed-out data for two other new weapons. No signs for what class they are or even any kind of codenames, just empty data. The dataminer I remember seeing talk about this seemed very set on these being new weapons for multiplayer, not like Grizzco or anything like that.

I don't know if this NECESSARILY confirms that Sizzle Season 2024 won't be the last season, and it definitely doesn't say anything beyond the chance of there being one more season past it, but it's something. Why would they pop in the unfinished data for these weapons at such different points, and with some of them being even less complete than the others?

At the same time though the code for both Splattercolor Screen and Triple Splashdown was added to the game at a similar time and I distinctly remember Screen having some parameters added (like how fast it travels) and Triple Splashdown had nothing. There's nothing saying these developers aren't rushed and scrambling to get everything by their internal deadlines or something like that. Maybe all of these unreleased weapons get shown off for next season, then they get second kits alongside the six weapons in the game that don't currently have one, and then they say goodbye to major updates.

I still think what's happening here and what happened with those two specials is different but there's technically nothing saying either of the scenarios I just explained isn't possible. I doubt it means much that Worlds didn't have anything since they had their delay and all that. We'll just have to wait and see.

MandatoryCatalyst

Pro Squid
Pronouns
Any
Switch Friend Code
SW-2709-1571-0800
I think it's too early tell even still. While yes, the other games got content expansion announcements before the end of their life cycles, Splat3 fundamentally operates on a different system than them with how seasons work, while I'm a bit surprised we didn't get an amiibo announcement last night, I don't at all think this is indicative of the game dying or no content expansion. Chances are if it's happening, it'll be announced next season, maybe at the end of this one. I could be wrong, but I think a lot of the pessimism and insistence that this (and whatever else people have been pointing towards) is "proof" that the game isn't getting more content are throwing in the towel a bit early.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
Splatoon 1 got extended from six months to a year because it sold way beyond what was expected for a dying console.
Splatoon 2 got extended from one year to two because the Switch's runaway success again allowed to it to exceed expectations.
But by game 3, Nintendo has a better idea of what to expect, there weren't any surprises here. They planned for two years from the start, and that's already a lot. I do not think it is likely we'll get more than that.

Also bear in mind that Nintendo has another console on the horizon soon. They're shifting gears towards that. I expect EPD5 already has most of the team working on the next Animal Crossing now.

briank913

Pro Squid
NNID
briank913
Switch Friend Code
SW-0159-0074-0919
I think with the franchise's 10 year anniversary being next year, they're probably planning for what they think may be bigger and/or better than content extension.

May as well enjoy what's left of the game's life, with the countdown to its end proceeding as planned for now.

Lilac0

Inkster Jr.
I heard that the championships got delayed and it was meant to be before the release of Side Order, and if thats the case then its clear why there was nothing announced

chaotik0

Inkling Cadet
here is my whacky insane conspiracy theory: they are going to release the next game in 3 years, but it is just the same game except with an initial major balance change, and they will still call it splatoon 3 but slap a ‘deluxe’ or something on the title. all of the dlc in the game we have now will be free in that game as well.
here is my evidence:
the initial trailer for splatoon 3’s inkopolis + side order (title was not revealed at the time i believe) dlc had many hints showing that there were 2 more waves, which you would think means there would be a content extension for this game, but that doesn’t line up with the 2 year plan. this would be more backed up if we actually don’t get a content extension at all. the next piece of evidence is that this game has had a lot of changes from the last, with the seasonal structure, new movement, specials, and everything else. is it really that worth it to make a whole new game that either removes all this stuff for new ones or add even more new major stuff and changes to, when it is much easier to just continue adding stuff to this game with the seasonal structure, but at a time where the devs aren’t going to be rushed, especially if it is a good opportunity to resell the game at full price.
this was intended to just be a crazy conspiracy (and reference to what they did with mario kart 8) but the more i was typing it, the more i believed it.

nintendo better appoint me as head of their business department after this one lol

ThestralZ

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1797-1352-6215
My insane theory is that Final Fest will be Past, Present, Future. Past and we get a Splatoon 1 Remaster with modern mechanics and balance changes but having everything else be the same as S1 plus stuff like dualies and an extended story. Present and we get a content extension to this game. Future and we get a trailer for Splatoon 4 with a general release window.

chaotik0

Inkling Cadet
My insane theory is that Final Fest will be Past, Present, Future. Past and we get a Splatoon 1 Remaster with modern mechanics and balance changes but having everything else be the same as S1 plus stuff like dualies and an extended story. Present and we get a content extension to this game. Future and we get a trailer for Splatoon 4 with a general release window.
i thought i was crazy but that actually sounds so fun, but i can’t decide between past or future
i also like that splatoon 2 is completely neglected

Lisku

Inkling Commander
sounds good. I would like it to be “khoz vs horrborris vs joe” i would like the next story mode to be salmon related, but I know that will never happen

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
I've had my money on Past/Present/Future as a fitting Final Fest theme, but it's not going to lead to a remaster or content extension, just the theme of S4. That's too big of a business decision to base on a Splatfest, they would be stupid to gamble like that. I am certain that they have already decided their plans.

Both Final Fests have been little more than Mad Libs-esque flavoring for the next game. Callie and Marie could've swapped places and it'd be the exact same game. S3's 'Chaos' theming... isn't much of a theme at all. Like they call ranked "Anarchy Battle" now but that's basically it? Ironically Order got more representation through Side Order, and that's probably because it started production much later.

Lisku

Inkling Commander
the safe option is “squid sisters vs off the hook vs deep cut”. that is way too obvious though

ThestralZ

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1797-1352-6215
Also Nintendo Direct when because I feel like we've heard nothing and I'm starting to get paranoid. WHERE IS SWITCH 2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom