• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Arowana Mall: Analysis and Thoughts

Pivi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
HeroPivi
Oh yeah this place is definitely charger heaven, I think this will be the go to stage when people wanna play Tower mode considering the layout, I feel like this might be the most "advanced" stage due to all the high perches and back alley routes for people to take.
This is probably my favorite stage aha

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Oh yeah this place is definitely charger heaven, I think this will be the go to stage when people wanna play Tower mode considering the layout, I feel like this might be the most "advanced" stage due to all the high perches and back alley routes for people to take.
This is probably my favorite stage aha
Interesting idea, yeah tower mode sounds great here seeing how direct it is. I also have to wonder about Splatzone and where the zone(s) will be. That also will be pretty hectic.

Pivi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
HeroPivi
Interesting idea, yeah tower mode sounds great here seeing how direct it is. I also have to wonder about Splatzone and where the zone(s) will be. That also will be pretty hectic.
I can see splat zones having either two or three separate areas for you to cap, or perhaps one huge point in the centerstage , the large hills will play a huge roll, as one could shoot the entire point from up there, meaning you'd need players to head over the hill and fight for it, so it's a King of the Hill match...in a king of the hill match, except with a literal hill this time.

<π.

Inkling Cadet
NNID
LessThanPiArt
There are still a lot of high areas, and the narrow nature of a lot of spots makes for some great Charger support.
Charger will definitely be meaningful. But with the distance and mobility of the squidies I don't think you'll be able to just pop everyone you see easily yet alone cover territory as effectively as some of the other weapons.

LinkJr

Inkling Cadet
The high ramps to get to the center will slow down inklings which can be easily picked by chargers on the sidelines, certainly having a good charger player on the team will be very useful.

I find interesting that to reach the best advantage points you have to walk through grates that are over water, making you lose a lot on mobility when going to these areas as you can't use squid form.

<π.

Inkling Cadet
NNID
LessThanPiArt
The high ramps to get to the center will slow down inklings which can be easily picked by chargers on the sidelines, certainly having a good charger player on the team will be very useful.

I find interesting that to reach the best advantage points you have to walk through grates that are over water, making you lose a lot on mobility when going to these areas as you can't use squid form.
Good points. They've really done a great job with level design as far as I can tell. I'm really interested in putting some of these ideas into practice.

Nico Nico Sleep

Pro Squid
The high slopes and closed in spaces limit the use of the roller an immense amount; while working on flat ground, there will almost always be an open zone for chargers or splatter shots to pick them off. Chargers with good aim will find heaven in this map, as will splatter shots when working up-hill or in team fights.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Actually yeah, this is one stage the rollers probably have a difficult time in. Most places are high up giving the advantage to shooters and chargers. Not to mention it is small so any place that was taken with the roller could easily be taken back.

Citrus

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Sylvalum
Maybe this map will get people to stop thinking the roller is broken, haha. Not jus because of chargers having an advantage, but because rollers seem to act very odd on large slopes

Marraphy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Marraph
A part of me really wants to ink the sides of the platforms that are suspended in water, and jump into them from the top platform and hide in them, and then surprise attack people

bluekentuckyboy

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
bluekentuckyboy
From all the maps in the game so far, this is by FAR the one I am the least knowledgeable about. This guide really helped me know the general idea on what this map will encourage before I get to play it Friday, thanks!

Osha

Full Squid
NNID
Oshawatt
Alright, so here's what I find to be the optimal way to go in Arowana Mall (I'm using the dojo for that since the map didn't roll in online):

Here's the starting point. While splatting ink around, you'll want to go to the left slope.

The one right here. Not shown under there is a huge square you can ink. With that done...

The hard part, getting this jump right. You won't do it in Inkling form, the squid is imperative. Splat left and right then keep going.

You probably weren't able to ink everything on the left side of the previous pic, that's why right after the corner, there's an opening where you can finish your job.

After doing so, just paint everything you can and follow the path.

You'll finally end up in this location, which is more or less the center of the map, and you'll be ready to destroy the enemy team with some DEATH FROM ABOVE !

NNID
HWAAIM
Something I've noticed for Turf Wars so far is that there seems to be a lot of back and forth given the map's layout, at least moreso than other maps. I'm hoping it leads to some crazy last minute stuff.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Got to play a lot of matches on this map. Got to say, I actually really like it. Very simple and effective. Things are always happening and it isn't as boring looking as Walleye. Much more colorful. You even have jellyfish people in buildings.

I certainly love this map.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom