• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

August Update notes

redacteddd

Banned (6 points)
Japan has posted the patch notes: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/agmj/update/index.html

From what I could gather via google translate:
  • Inkzooka and Echolocator(???) require more points to fill the meter
  • Killer Wail requires less points to fill
  • Bomb damage across a splash wall has been fixed to recieve damage proportionate to the blast radius all the time
  • Win Percentage multiplier in Splatfest has been changed to 4
  • Adjustments to maps on ranked battle modes
EDIT: Found another important note via reddit
  • Tenacity has been fixed so that you don't have to ink a bit of ground to get the special meter filling
EDIT: Full translation
Squad Battle
- go read the tumblr for the deets http://splatoonus.tumblr.com/

Private Battle

Level Changes
- Level cap has been increased to LV50.
-- At LV20, when you enter the lobby and listen to the explanation, your level cap will be increased.

Ranked Battle Changes
- S and S+ ranks have been added.
-- you can only progress in S and S+ rank in Ranked Matches (not Squad Battles).
-- you will not gain or lose rank points contributing towards S and S+ in Squad Battles.
- Adjusted win/loss point calculations in Ranked Matches.
・ガチマッチモードのプレイ中にウデマエが変化した場合、一度ロビーに戻るようになりました。

New Gear
- New gear has been added, and will randomly appear for purchase in shops.

New BGM
- New BGM has been added, and will be added to the random battle BGM rotation.

Splatfest changes
- At the conclusion of Splatfest, the win percentage contribution multiplier has been changed from 2x to 4x.

Stage updates
- Urchin Underpass: Significantly modified the layout in all modes.
- Saltspray Rig: Modified the layout in Tower Control.
- Arowana Mall: Modified the layout in Splat Zones.
- Kelp Dome: Modified the layout in Splat Zones and Tower Control.
- Moray Towers: Modified the layout in Splat Zones and Tower Control.

Special Weapon updates
- Inkzooka: Increased the points required to fill the gauge from 180p to 220p.
- Echolocator: Increased the points required to fill the gauge from 180p to 200p.
- Killer Wail: Decreased the points required to fill the gauge from 180p to 160p.
※いずれも「スペシャル増加量アップ」のギアパワーをつけていない場合の数値です。

Subweapon updates
- Splash Wall: Corrected the amount of damage bombs would deal to the Splash Wall in rare cases.

Gear updates
- Tenacity: if a match starts with one team already having a fewer number of players, the special gauge now fills up when the match actually begins instead of beforehand.
- Special Charge Up: normalized the amount of special you get based on the amount of turf painted if you have a lot of Special Charge Up equipped, so painting large areas now gives you much more meter than before.

Battle SFX updates
- Made it easier to tell what direction an Inkstrike is coming from.
- 一部の射程が長い武器のヒット時の効果音を遠くにいても聞こえやすくしました。

Etc.
- Other quality of life updates.

Splash Wall nerf (fix)
Wail buff
Echolocator nerf
Inkzooka nerf
Spacial charge up buff

Last edited:

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
Happy with all of these. Personally, Inkzooka and Echolocator were too strong, while Killer Wail needed a buff. The bomb change was a bugfix, and Win Percentage boost helps prevent team stacking. Some maps would do better with minor ranked adjustments.

Pareto

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
PlusTB
Less on popularity and more on skill; Splatfest should be alot more interesting.

Even with an increased requirement to charge the Inkzooka and Echolocator, I imagine this won't deter many from using them. Nevertheless, that charge reduction on Killer Wail is definitely something that I'm looking forward to.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
Even with an increased requirement to charge the Inkzooka and Echolocator, I imagine this won't deter many from using them.
Glad they are not just nerfing things to oblivion and making everything a careful balance.

Pivi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
HeroPivi
I'm really appreciating this balance between buffs and nerfs, and I'd say needing to get more points to fire off an Echolocator is totally fair since that means forcing Charger users to move around at least a bit more.

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
Glad bomb damage to Splash Walls has been fixed. Too many times I threw a Splat Bomb at one but it wasn't being destroyed any faster than if you just shot it.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
While the nerfs are bummers (especially on the Inkzooka since one of my mains has that as its special), I can still manage just so long as I can still get turf quickly enough. Meanwhile, Killer Wail's going to be even more killer with the special meter discount. Most importantly, the increase in the victory points multiplier is going to be a game changer since now you actually have to back up your team with solid skills to win, either as underdogs looking to pull off an upset or the popular choice looking to enforce their power. It also means I'll need to start recaulculating some things on my scorecard.

Definitely looking forward to this update!

SkyBlue

Inkling Commander
.52 gal main here.
*sees special charge gauge point reduction required for killer wail*

Now increase its range nintendo. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°)

I like that' it's gonna change splatfests from, who even knows anymore who will win since popularity or wins can be the deciding factor, to winning the battle % = splatfest win.

Inyo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
SurfGreenGibby
I think having the Bubbler take more points to fill would have made sense, too, but these are all fine changes. Interesting to see more fuddling with the maps, too.

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
Squad Battle

Private Battle

Level Changes
- Level cap has been increased to LV50.
-- At LV20, when you enter the lobby and listen to the explanation, your level cap will be increased.

Ranked Battle Changes
- S and S+ ranks have been added.
-- you can only progress in S and S+ rank in Ranked Matches (not Squad Battles).
-- you will not gain or lose rank points contributing towards S and S+ in Squad Battles.
- Adjusted win/loss point calculations in Ranked Matches.
・ガチマッチモードのプレイ中にウデマエが変化した場合、一度ロビーに戻るようになりました。

New Gear
- New gear has been added, and will randomly appear for purchase in shops.

New BGM
- New BGM has been added, and will be added to the random battle BGM rotation.

Splatfest changes
- At the conclusion of Splatfest, the win percentage contribution multiplier has been changed from 2x to 4x.

Stage updates
- Urchin Underpass: Significantly modified the layout in all modes.
- Saltspray Rig: Modified the layout in Tower Control.
- Arowana Mall: Modified the layout in Splat Zones.
- Kelp Dome: Modified the layout in Splat Zones and Tower Control.
- Moray Towers: Modified the layout in Splat Zones and Tower Control.

Special Weapon updates
- Inkzooka: Increased the points required to fill the gauge from 180p to 220p.
- Echolocator: Increased the points required to fill the gauge from 180p to 200p.
- Killer Wail: Decreased the points required to fill the gauge from 180p to 160p.
※いずれも「スペシャル増加量アップ」のギアパワーをつけていない場合の数値です。

Subweapon updates
- Splash Wall: Corrected the amount of damage bombs would deal to the Splash Wall in rare cases.

Gear updates
- Tenacity: if a match starts with one team already having a fewer number of players, the special gauge now fills up when the match actually begins instead of beforehand.
- Special Charge Up: normalized the amount of special you get based on the amount of turf painted if you have a lot of Special Charge Up equipped, so painting large areas now gives you much more meter than before.

Battle SFX updates
- Made it easier to tell what direction an Inkstrike is coming from.
- 一部の射程が長い武器のヒット時の効果音を遠くにいても聞こえやすくしました。

Etc.
- Other quality of life updates.

Splash Wall nerf (fix)
Wail buff
Echolocator nerf
Inkzooka nerf
Spacial charge up buff which equates to DYNAMO BUFF BABY

Last edited:

mindscarp

Inkster Jr.
NNID
mindscarp
Glad bomb damage to Splash Walls has been fixed. Too many times I threw a Splat Bomb at one but it wasn't being destroyed any faster than if you just shot it.
It apparently says “in rare cases” so bomb damage to Splash Walls is already handled correctly in the vast majority of situations at the moment; most likely it's a minor bug fix. I wouldn't get my hopes up.

スプラッシュシールド:シールドにボムを直接ぶつけた際、まれにそのボムのダメージ範囲が正しく処理されない問題を修正しました。
Splash Wall: When you hit a bomb directly to the shield, rarely damage range of the bomb is not handled correctly. This problem has been corrected.

ShinyTogetic

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Maikaru
Switch Friend Code
SW-3468-6485-0599
As an Zap 85 user I find this saddening but I don't mind x:

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
as a Aerospray MG user
40p is only like another 2 seconds.

As a dynamo I have no idea how long it takes guns to charge up anymore. With the Special Charge Up buff I'm going to have echolocator out faster now than currently anyways so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom