• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

August Update notes

Sitri

Full Squid
NNID
SitriStahl
I am a bit disappointed by this update.
Honestly, I cant find anything "big" in there.

If I go through this list, only real content I can see is the gear. This means you can just grind more money.
Guess there are some stages and weapons aswell, but this isnt different from the release and they will take their time to appear ingame.
So whats left for anyone who dislikes ranked modi or who waited until august to buy the game?

I would love to play the game more frequently. But as good as the game is, its so small, still...
I'd argue that private lobbies are pretty sizable.

Kaliafornia

Splatin' through Inkopolis with my woes....
NNID
Kaliafornia
It will be very noticeable in rank against good Gals and Chargers players.
Yeah but the person I was replying to was specifically referencing Aerospray and the inkzooka. Not gals, chargers nor echolocators.

A good charger doesn't need an echolocator anyway, I make most of my kills without it, its better for helping me keep an eye on any sneak attacks, the benefit of my team in not getting sneak attacked and of course a tank refill. The only gal with it is .96 and that is the only weapon I can see having troubles as it has poor ink efficiency and a slow firing rate, however this can be easily accounted for as well with sub savers and strategic use of the sprinkler to rack up points.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
Sorry for the double post but I just noticed little under construction signs like the one that announced the underpass update on the rig. It's quite cute.
Yeah they have them like those little 'workers safety' and 'X amount of days without an injury' signs you see in industrial workplaces.
I am a bit disappointed by this update.
Honestly, I cant find anything "big" in there.

If I go through this list, only real content I can see is the gear. This means you can just grind more money.
Guess there are some stages and weapons aswell, but this isnt different from the release and they will take their time to appear ingame.
So whats left for anyone who dislikes ranked modi or who waited until august to buy the game?

I would love to play the game more frequently. But as good as the game is, its so small, still...
It has some features that people wanted since the beginning. I feel like I am in-between you and those who are really excited for the update. I really am most excited for the gear, but it is nice to know I can join a team reliably in all modes and choose whatever map I want etc. if I wanted to (or had enough friends to do it.) This update probably mostly appeals to those who want to make Splatoon a competitive game and those who can't live without voice chat, etc.

jason1637

Senior Squid
NNID
jason1637
Private lobbies signals the start of true competitive Splatoon. Whether you plan to use the private lobbies or not, that's a pretty exciting and undeniably huge change for the game.
this

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
Private lobbies signals the start of true competitive Splatoon. Whether you plan to use the private lobbies or not, that's a pretty exciting and undeniably huge change for the game.
Plus wasn't this one of the largest complaints in reviews alongside amount of content and (sometimes) voice chat? We might see Splatoon get re-reviewed after this update.

SkyBlue

Inkling Commander
I think it is on August 5th 7pm PST. I will check around though and see if anyone says differently.
I've heard that nintendo everything posted that there will be a 2 hour maintenance that ends at that time. So I believe that's what time the game will be back for everyone to update/play. Just going off what I've been told though.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Very awesome! I can't wait (to not be able to play, doh! >.<;)

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
I've heard that nintendo everything posted that there will be a 2 hour maintenance that ends at that time. So I believe that's what time the game will be back for everyone to update/play. Just going off what I've been told though.
Makes sense to do maintenance right before they open the floodgates and probably because they want to make sure private matchmaking will be working, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom