• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

August Update notes

Egregore

Splash Wall of China
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Excited to see the TC changes, and as someone who just picked up the Sploosh the Killer Wail buff pleases me.

Oh, and Team Cats win. ;)

TweekMN

Inkling
NNID
Luna.FS
I knew it, I hadn't seen Saltspray Rig on Tower Control for over a week untill today, that's my favourite TC stage. I hope the changes aren't for the worst.

Phobos

Inkling Commander
Interesting stuff, especially nerf to Inkzooka and Echolocator - I am of course sad about the Zooka, but it makes sense that something so powerful should be a little harder to pull out.But notably special charge up now appears to stack better, which will make it easier to cancel the nerf so long as you don't mind using the slots.

Njok

Bouncer
I knew it, I hadn't seen Saltspray Rig on Tower Control for over a week untill today, that's my favourite TC stage. I hope the changes aren't for the worst.
Pretty sure Saltspray was on TC saturday though. I don't think they need to take it out of rotation to work on it anyway.

About the win/loss point calculations in ranked, do we know what they mean by that? (sorry if i am missing something very obvious). Are we gonna get more cash for losing finally? :D As in, in a knockout still get points for the amount you held the zone / rode the tower.

Phobos

Inkling Commander
- Special Charge Up: normalized the amount of special you get based on the amount of turf painted if you have a lot of Special Charge Up equipped, so painting large areas now gives you much more meter than before.
Hmmm... Looking at this thread, it seems it's already the case that there are no diminishing returns when stacking special charge up, so now I'm unclear what this change amounts to. Thoughts?

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
Zooka nerf was to be expected at some point. I'm surprised about Nintendo nerfing Echolokator, I'd rather expected them to nerf Cold-Blooded. On the other hand an echo nerf indirectly buffs point sensors which is a good thing. While they have it's moments it's still one of the weakest subs in my opinion.

I also don't completely understand the wail buff. Wail can be devastating in the right hands, especially in Tower Control, but hey as a fresh Kelp Splat Charger-mainer I don't have any objections on that matter :D .52 gal users can shine even more now, too. I guess it's a head-on-head between Tentatek, .96 Deco and .52 in terms of the best shooter weapon now.

On another note it's interesting to see that Nintendo buffs or nerfs specials via the points you need to charge it and don't change the actual weapon itself (e.g. range on the inkzooka). I like this approach very much.

The rest of the changes sound reasonable, Special Charge Up buff is fine, won't matter too much in actual gameplay, though. The Splatoon dev team has shown that they know their balancing very well, so I'm positive that they won't mess up with the changes.

Phobos

Inkling Commander
Ah! Here we go:

Special Charge Up: When wearing a lot of Special Charge Up gear, there is a more consistent increase when inking ground. There was a slight difference in the special gauge increase when inking ground little by little versus inking ground a lot at a time. It now increases an amount proportional to the area inked regardless to the method of inking.

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
Ah, okay, I actually noticed this a few times when wearing my Special Charge Up hat with Tentatek SS. The amount I needed to charge the inkzooka varied between something below-150 up to 160-something which was very weird. Glad they will fix this.

Summer1401

Full Squid
NNID
Litaker
Excited to see the TC changes, and as someone who just picked up the Sploosh the Killer Wail buff pleases me.

Oh, and Team Cats win. ;)
actually even with the buff Cats would still lose....

Summer1401

Full Squid
NNID
Litaker
Sorry for the double post but I just noticed little under construction signs like the one that announced the underpass update on the rig. It's quite cute.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I'm very surprised at the Echolocator nerf (never thought it was excesively good or anything) and the Killer Wail buff... but I'll take a nerf to one of my most hated weapons with a smile :D

All I need now is something similar to the Paintball Mask with either :ability_inksavermain: or :ability_inkrecovery: and everything's going to be alright

1o2

Inkling Cadet
No complaints on the update, looks like the Dev team for Splatoon has a good grasp on balancing. I wouldn't even call the increased p amount needed to use Inkzooka/Echolater a "nerf" more of a slight inconvenience.

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
Yea as a Gal User, I have to rely on Tenacity and Sprinklers, so any reduction in points is noticeable.

Flips

Inkling
I am a bit disappointed by this update.
Honestly, I cant find anything "big" in there.

If I go through this list, only real content I can see is the gear. This means you can just grind more money.
Guess there are some stages and weapons aswell, but this isnt different from the release and they will take their time to appear ingame.
So whats left for anyone who dislikes ranked modi or who waited until august to buy the game?

I would love to play the game more frequently. But as good as the game is, its so small, still...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom