• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Bamboozler 14 Mk I: Analysis and Thoughts Thread

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I really hope this thing can't splat in one shot with Damage Ups; if it does, then it'll become all we ever see in this game unless you have a bunch of Defense Ups

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
No way will the damage not be capped as that would invalidate the Squiffer's existence asside from it's arguably superior specials.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
I really hope this thing can't splat in one shot with Damage Ups; if it does, then it'll become all we ever see in this game unless you have a bunch of Defense Ups
It won't be able to. Damage Ups cannot reduce the number of hits required to splat with a weapon. And even if it can (apparently Chargers can do that, or at least I think they can), I'm sure there's a special case made so the Bamboozler can't exceed 99.9 damage per shot. So, the Bamboozlers will have to do 2-shots.
Which they most certainly can, because they charge at SONIC SPEED and have Jet Squelchery range I think and probably have decent ink efficiency and can hide behind Splash Walls while doing their speed-sniping (unless they have the MK II, in which case they get to immobilize enemies with Disruptors for easier speed-sniping). So you should still worry about them (I would be, but I'm gonna be picking it up), just not for that reason.

Nintendome

Inkredible YouTuber
NNID
LogicallyHank
Fully charged* That's how damage up works, If you don't believe me, we can wait and see. Less than 24 hours remaining.

It won't be able to. Damage Ups cannot reduce the number of hits required to splat with a weapon.
Yup. You're absolutely correct. This was a deliberate game design choice on Nintendo's part. Damage Up cannot reduce minimum # of STK *fully charged*. SND has a great video on the damage up's interactions with chargers but none of that goes against this fundamental STK rule Nintendo has adhered to since the game's launch.

PHYTO-1

Pro Squid
NNID
PHYTO-1
Fully charged* That's how damage up works, If you don't believe me, we can wait and see. Less than 24 hours remaining.

Damage Up cannot reduce minimum # of STK *fully charged*. SND has a great video on the damage up's interactions with chargers but none of that goes against this fundamental STK rule Nintendo has adhered to since the game's launch.
Oh I'm not arguing that the bamboozler can go past 99.9 dmg, I'm just giving an example of dmg up decreasing the stk on chargers uncharged shots from 3hko to 2hko.

also see my previous post

PHYTO-1

Pro Squid
NNID
PHYTO-1
right.......whether a fully charged shot or uncharged shot..its still a shot. sorry not sure what point youre making

Nintendome

Inkredible YouTuber
NNID
LogicallyHank
right.......whether a fully charged shot or uncharged shot..its still a shot. sorry not sure what point youre making
lol... Damage Up will not reduce the amount of fully charged shots needed to kill. That's what people mean when they talk about STK with chargers lol

PHYTO-1

Pro Squid
NNID
PHYTO-1
lol... Damage Up will not reduce the amount of fully charged shots needed to kill. That's what people mean when they talk about STK with chargers lol
Right. 1 full charge will always be 1HKO. Theres absolutely no way to decrease 1 shot. What- zero shots? 50% charges? Sure- but thats not a fully charged shot like you said. Up until now, theres absolutely no reason to talk about STK (fully charged) with chargers when a full charge always kills. Thats like talking about STK with the Luna Blaster.

Point being: 3HKO (40 dmg) to 2HKO (50 dmg) is a decrease in shots to kill. Just because you and other people prefer not to count uncharged shots doesn't mean anything.

Nintendome

Inkredible YouTuber
NNID
LogicallyHank
Right. 1 full charge will always be 1HKO. Theres absolutely no way to decrease 1 shot. What- zero shots? 50% charges? Sure- but thats not a fully charged shot like you said. Up until now, theres absolutely no reason to talk about STK (fully charged) with chargers when a full charge always kills. Thats like talking about STK with the Luna Blaster.

Point being: 3HKO (40 dmg) to 2HKO (50 dmg) is a decrease in shots to kill. Just because you and other people prefer not to count uncharged shots doesn't mean anything.
ok. You said the bamboozler was a two-hit KO before. Is it an OHKO? You guys are the people talking about STK and Damage Up. I was correcting a mistake.

Regardless, I don't have time to argue semantics with you. Chill :p

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Bamboozler doesn't need dmg ups. the charge time on it is half the squiffer's.

also the 2HKO doesn't need to be full charges. One full charge does 80 dmg, then an uncharged shot does 30. Full charge > uncharge > kill.

Also, uncharged shots go the same distance as full charge; charging only increases the dmg.

and because an uncharged shot only does base 30 dmg, it may be possible to raise its shots to kill from 4HKO to 3HKO, unless they cap it at 33.2 - but that is unlikely since the other chargers don't cap at 49.9 and can be raised to 50+ dmg for 2HKOs.
Bamboozler double-tapping sounds like it's gonna be terrifying. And I thought Snapshooter Squiffers were bad...

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
Also if the damage doesn't cap at 99.9, welcome to the defense up meta.
Damage Up is hard-capped at 20% in general, i.e. 96.0 for the bamboozler. But I can still see running the bamboozler with some damage ups to bring it somewhere around 90.
This thing will shake up the current meta a lot imo.

MrL1193

Inkling Cadet
Damage Up is hard-capped at 20% in general, i.e. 96.0 for the bamboozler. But I can still see running the bamboozler with some damage ups to bring it somewhere around 90.
This thing will shake up the current meta a lot imo.
Eh? That can't be right. I was just testing a Damage Up build with the Rapid Blaster earlier, and 3 mains + 1 sub gave me 99.0 damage per direct hit (from a base damage of 80, the same as the Bamboozler). I also know that other Chargers can surpass 50 damage per uncharged shot, which is more than a 25% increase from their base damage of 40.

TacoOfDestruction

Pro Squid
NNID
JD1973
Well no matter if it can be upped to a one shot or not, I'm still peeing my pants at its stats alone, and then when you add the sub in.... Its pretty evident that this thing will be an absolute beast. on a side note does anyone know what the ink consumption on this thing will be?

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
Eh? That can't be right. I was just testing a Damage Up build with the Rapid Blaster earlier, and 3 mains + 1 sub gave me 99.0 damage per direct hit (from a base damage of 80, the same as the Bamboozler). I also know that other Chargers can surpass 50 damage per uncharged shot, which is more than a 25% increase from their base damage of 40.
Oh, you are right here - my bad. the cap for Damage Up is indeed 30%. I mixed it up with Defense Up which caps at 20%.

Wow, this makes bamboozler even more broken interesting, running a damage up built will be totally worth it.

MakesDream

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ToastMiller
Geez, The fact that this things range doesn't change with charge is awesome. that means you can link a fully charged shot with an uncharged shot for a splat, theres no need or reason to charge it up again. Also it means your strafe jump spam uncharged shot in turf war is going to cover SO MUCH ground,

I feel like damage up will still be useful. anything that will decrease the time to kill, even by a few frames would be worth it. plus since you have range on uncharged shots the upgrade from 4 stk to 3 might actually be useful if you don't want to point a laser pointer at your enemy. I plan on running as much damage up as I can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom