• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Bamboozler 14 Mk I: Analysis and Thoughts Thread

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Assuming it caps at 99.9, then I don't think damage up will be that helpful. The main detriment to landing kills with the thing would not be it's time to kill but having to land two shots. Thus it might be better to use abilitys that improve survivability giving you more time to get those shots in like defense up to tank more hits or run/swim speed to better outmaneuver them. Just my opinion of course!

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Wow, that thing looks great! The 2 hit splat won't really matter when it charges that fast with a fixed range. Splash Wall is always a good sub to have, especially with this weapon. I'm seriously thinking this weapon will eventually become as popular as the .52 Gal.
(I feel sorry for the people who main Squiffer...)

Still think i'm going to stick with the Kelp Splatterscope for the time being.

Ber

Full Squid
NNID
Bernee
Instead of trying to make it's fully charged shot into a one hit splat I thought maybe making it's completely uncharged shot into a 2 hit splat would be a better idea but IIRC it's uncharged damage, unlike other chargers(40), is 30 and if the 30% :ability_damage: cap is correct then it'll only get to 40.

On the bright side this will make me fill that I'm not missing out on a lo by wearing other abilities with it.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
No dice, it's capped at 99.9 as expected!

Where I'm firing from is also maximum range, roughly 4.3 lines.

SP3CT3R

Full Squid
I just tried out the weapon and I have to say that it's more efficient to fire three uncharged shots than two full ones.

MasterYoshidino

Inkster Jr.
NNID
masteryoshidino
Switch Friend Code
SW-4197-0965-9397
Decent weapon. Poor turfing unless you full charge all the time. Run speed when in use is poor. It's maneuverability rating stems from it shooting charged shots so fast you can do swim-shot-swim strat very very fast which lets you rush ridiculously fast. So fast I feel clueless trying to engage 4 players at the start of Walleye Warehouse :p. By it's very nature of having to unleash so many shots it tends to make itself weak to well placed peeking shots from a Splat Charger that are instant kill.

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
I'll stick to my trustworthy Squiffer, thank you very much.

Reactions: DuD
NNID
EuniceSeesAll
Assuming it caps at 99.9, then I don't think damage up will be that helpful. The main detriment to landing kills with the thing would not be it's time to kill but having to land two shots. Thus it might be better to use abilitys that improve survivability giving you more time to get those shots in like defense up to tank more hits or run/swim speed to better outmaneuver them. Just my opinion of course!
Damage up is important. 3 defense up mains (which are rare but exist because people really hate chargers I guess?) and some combination of subs will make fully charged shot>uncharged shot not kill. So running enough damage ups to counter that is a good idea.
Regardless the weapons trash lol. I really don't understand why people hyped up a short range 80 damage charger? Because it's different I guess? Or they thought .33 second charge time would save it?

MintChipper

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TonyEH
I am having immense trouble dealing with this weapon as a Splattershot main, my clan buddies took my salt and ran with it. I try to add pressure with burst bombs but they can just throw a wall and be fine, the only way I get kills is if I'm sneaky about it, but that's hard to do as the only way to not get shot in the face by them is to get out of their range, but then how do you sneak up on them? once you give them a well inked area, Damage Up and a Splash Wall, a Bamboozler can defend for days (it's gonna be even harder with mark 2). Tomorrow we're gonna squad battle to test it's effectiveness as a support weapon.

Last edited:

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I am having immense trouble dealing with this weapon as a Splattershot main, my clan buddies took my salt and ran with it. I try to add pressure with burst bombs but they can just throw a wall and be fine, the only way I get kills is if I'm sneaky about it, but that's hard to do as the only way to not get shot in the face by them is to get out of their range, but then how do you sneak up on them? once you give him a well inked area, damage up and a splash wall a Bamboozler can defend for days(it's gonna be even harder with mark 2). Tomorrow we're gonna squad battle to test it's effectiveness as a support weapon.
Honestly I can't think of a way to deal with this weapon aside of flanking (which can't really be done on Saltspray Rig's top area), landing a lucky shot with a special or using an E-Liter 3k. I hereby shall put this gun in my "Annoying" list, below the E-Liter 3k and Inkzooka, and above the Blasters and Squiffer :confused:

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Damage up is important. 3 defense up mains (which are rare but exist because people really hate chargers I guess?) and some combination of subs will make fully charged shot>uncharged shot not kill. So running enough damage ups to counter that is a good idea.
Regardless the weapons trash lol. I really don't understand why people hyped up a short range 80 damage charger? Because it's different I guess? Or they thought .33 second charge time would save it?
3x Defense up also makes almost every weapon take an extra shot to kill and is helpful against burst bombs n blasters, but I still wouldn't use strength ups on the Bamboozler when you can just charge the second shot.

While I agree that some are way overselling it, I certainly wouldn't call it trash. Range is short for a Charger but still longer than most weapons overall. Two hits to kill definitely sucks though, was much harder killing opponents with good awareness n movement, and Blackbelly certainly didn't help. However the reason I'm hyped for this weapon is not the Bamboozler itself but the MK II version being the longest ranged weapon with Disruptors, so it definitely has a niche.

NNID
EuniceSeesAll
While I agree that some are way overselling it, I certainly wouldn't call it trash.
Yeah it's great at stealing kills from teammates that shot at the enemy once or twice prior and destroying sprinklers, the dummies in the test room and afk opponents, plus it has splash wall which is the entire meta so it's definitely not complete trash
But yeah Blackbelly really didn't help. I wish they'd pay more attention to what stages they're putting up for new weapon releases. Like for the e3k scope it was port mackerel and something else with not amazing visiblity (probably blackbelly too).

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
I am having immense trouble dealing with this weapon as a Splattershot main, my clan buddies took my salt and ran with it. I try to add pressure with burst bombs but they can just throw a wall and be fine, the only way I get kills is if I'm sneaky about it, but that's hard to do as the only way to not get shot in the face by them is to get out of their range, but then how do you sneak up on them? once you give them a well inked area, Damage Up and a Splash Wall, a Bamboozler can defend for days (it's gonna be even harder with mark 2). Tomorrow we're gonna squad battle to test it's effectiveness as a support weapon.
Try Run Speed maybe. I don't know how much of a boost run speed gives the splattershot, but when I was practicing against bamboozlers with the Nozzle I was just taking them on fearlessly stepping side to side. Thier ink shots arn't as wide as the other chargers. The only time I have found them dangerous is when enemy ink is around you...especially with no ink resistance shoes

TacoOfDestruction

Pro Squid
NNID
JD1973
the bamboozler is now my main for rainmaker. Both the splash wall and killer wail help block of the enemys path. its decent at breaking the sheild and once you get the double tapping thing down its quite easy to score kills ( at least it was for me anyway )

Jearbear357

Inkling
NNID
Jearbear357
major downfall is it's not one shot charge, but the range being the same is very interesting, I think I'll like the disruptor and echolocater one more

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
Ah, it's a bummer to read that the bamboozler isn't as good as expected... I'll give it a try later today and get my own idea of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom