• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Bamboozler 14 Mk I: Analysis and Thoughts Thread

sammich

Inkling Cadet
it's not as awful as i thought when i started.

the splash wall is useful against ... poor sniper players (ones who don't back down despite you being invincible and having plenty of range) and machine guns with ****ty aim (you can throw it out and dash through it for cover while they're busy storm-troopering in your direction). killer wail feels odd to me, but whatever it should make this gun more useful in rainmaker (killer wail AND splash wall?)
my biggest complaint is probably that you can hardly even swim along a charged line let alone a semi-charged line. pretty much every shot has to be a double shot.

definitely think the MK II with the disruptor/echo-locator combo will be more useful (kinda thinking i want that on my squiffer :x)

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
Been giving this a whirl and I definitely think it deserves more credit. With the Damage Ups this weapon can still one shot if the enemy is standing in your ink (remember guys enemy ink makes you take damage!). Even if they aren't I still think this is a good weapon. It's just terrible at spreading ink. This is one of the weapons where if you're stuck in enemy ink from return fire, you're pretty much screwed. Trick is not to let that happen. Either that or use Ink Resistance.

ImNotDeadYet

Inkling
Been giving this a whirl and I definitely think it deserves more credit. With the Damage Ups this weapon can still one shot if the enemy is standing in your ink (remember guys enemy ink makes you take damage!). Even if they aren't I still think this is a good weapon. It's just terrible at spreading ink. This is one of the weapons where if you're stuck in enemy ink from return fire, you're pretty much screwed. Trick is not to let that happen. Either that or use Ink Resistance.
I've been using it the last two days and have grown to love it. I'm only B+ but I lead my team in splats most games. Well timed walls open so many kill.

meleesplatter

Inkling Cadet
NNID
meleebrawler
I'm sure many people thought "this will be so much better at spreading ink than the squiffer!". But no.

UnnecessaryTodd

Full Squid
NNID
UnnecessaryTodd
I actually don't mind it's ink-coverage too much, especially since it shoots so fast and with ink recovery up a quick dip can get you a couple more shots. It's great for getting away in a hurry if you turn around quickly and can fire off the ink line.

I think that this weapon and the Splattershot Pro are kind of like the in-between area of Chargers and shooters in terms of how they should be used. Bamboozler players should try and stick to a teammate and be their support. I think the Bamboozler will be amazing in squads where you can actually communicate, and I think a Forge Splattershot Pro and Bamboozler MK I duo would wreck people's lunches. Point Sensors, Inkzooka, Splash Wall and Killer Wail, as well as good coverage? These two weapons will be unstoppable in the right hands working together.

This is also a great weapon for learning how to aim better, faster.

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
http://splatoon.nintendo.com/assets/media/splatoon-patch-v2-2-0-notes.pdf

Hey guys we got a buff. Ink Usage decreased by 12.5%. That essentially means more ink for the splat wall and it being less necessary to recovery in ink.

I'm just noticing this weapon because of the patch. I'm a tri-slosher main which has rather low range, so I was hoping I could use this as a secondary.
This buff is really welcoming for the Bamboozler. I always enjoying using the Bamboozler but one of the biggest issues I had with it was how fast it uses up ink, so this change should help out quite a bit.

seakingtheonixpected

Inkling Cadet
NNID
kathrynmc92
No dice, it's capped at 99.9 as expected!

Where I'm firing from is also maximum range, roughly 4.3 lines.
I've still killed people with one hit though. My theory is that since they take 99.9 but since they are standing in your ink they take another 0.1 damage and end up dying.

I'm going to test this out once I get a chance to play with my friend and I'll let you all know.

I'm hoping the MK II has a better Special though, crossing my fingers for Kraken. And as much as I like the Splash Wall it just encourages people to squid away from me. I prefer not to use it so shooters will think they can walk up to me and kill me before I can get two shots into them (Which is great for me because they are usually wrong)

Last edited:

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
I've still killed people with one hit though. My theory is that since they take 99.9 but since they are standing in your ink they take another 0.1 damage and end up dying.

I'm going to test this out once I get a chance to play with my friend and I'll let you all know.

I'm hoping the MK II has a better Special though, crossing my fingers for Kraken. And as much as I like the Splash Wall it just encourages people to squid away from me. I prefer not to use it so shooters will think they can walk up to me and kill me before I can get two shots into them (Which is great for me because they are usually wrong)
I can tell you what the Sub and Special will be for the Bamboozler MK II, but I might be spoiling you if I did. :p

Albatross

Senior Squid
NNID
Zacrowski

Ground ink doesn't splat though. They most likely took damage from something else before you hit them.

seakingtheonixpected

Inkling Cadet
NNID
kathrynmc92
I can tell you what the Sub and Special will be for the Bamboozler MK II, but I might be spoiling you if I did. :p
Please do

Ground ink doesn't splat though. They most likely took damage from something else before you hit them.
I'm still going to test it with my friend to make sure. You are probably right though, I couldn't figure out what else might have hit them though. Sadly the enemy Inklings don't get as covered in your ink when hit as the dummies do, so its a lot harder to see small amounts of damage.

One of the favorite moments in using the Bamboozler is when I can manage to get two shots into someone before they hit the ground from a jump, really satisfying!

Last edited:

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin

Standing in enemy ink will never kill you, but it does deal damage of course so standing in it for not even a second will allow anything that deals 99.9 damage to one shot. I've actually changed my mind and have been using a ton of damage ups on the weapon, afterall the main problem I have with it that I kept going on about was it's kill potential, so it only makes sense to enhance it's splatting ability.

Killer Wail is still a great special, and Splash Wall, despite the hard nerf, is still a good sub, so this weapon is still great, however I've always been more interested the MK II version. It'll have a unique status as the best Disruptor weapon given it's tied with the Rapid Blaster Pro for longest ranged weapon with Disruptors, only it still has the same kill potential at max range, and is better in pretty much everyway, from fire rate to time to kill to mobility. The MK II also has Echolocator as it's special, so between that and Disruptors it'll be great at making the enemy easy to kill for yourself and allies.

seakingtheonixpected

Inkling Cadet
NNID
kathrynmc92
Standing in enemy ink will never kill you, but it does deal damage of course so standing in it for not even a second will allow anything that deals 99.9 damage to one shot. I've actually changed my mind and have been using a ton of damage ups on the weapon, afterall the main problem I have with it that I kept going on about was it's kill potential, so it only makes sense to enhance it's splatting ability.

Killer Wail is still a great special, and Splash Wall, despite the hard nerf, is still a good sub, so this weapon is still great, however I've always been more interested the MK II version. It'll have a unique status as the best Disruptor weapon given it's tied with the Rapid Blaster Pro for longest ranged weapon with Disruptors, only it still has the same kill potential at max range, and is better in pretty much everyway, from fire rate to time to kill to mobility. The MK II also has Echolocator as it's special, so between that and Disruptors it'll be great at making the enemy easy to kill for yourself and allies.
Finally a ranged weapon with the distruptor! That actually sounds like a perfect kit for the weapon, super excited for it now!

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
Please do
I was going to tell you, but Dolphin already answered! :p

But yea, Disruptor and Echo sounds amazing for the Bamboozler. It would be the longest ranged disruptor holding weapon in game and with with Echo makes it a perfect long range support weapon.

Along with the Neo Luna and the Zink Mini, the Bamboozler MK II is one of the few unreleased weapons I'm really hyped to get released. :D

seakingtheonixpected

Inkling Cadet
NNID
kathrynmc92
Oh my god!!! So first off I really love this weapon on Port Makeral and Camp Tiggerfish with Splatzones, the kill wail is really useful on both maps. I even went 11 and 2 one game!

On top of that I was in a game with ZackScott and Yoshi, so I'm going to be on Youtube with it :D My tag is Katie with diamonds around it, so if you want to look for me it will probably be uploaded sometime soon.

EDIT: Zachscott uploaded the game! It's 12 minutes in.

Last edited:

PHYTO-1

Pro Squid
NNID
PHYTO-1
recently started using it , and boy am i in love with this weapon! the 2hko thing doesnt matter when it has an excellent range to chargetime/mobility ratio. honestly, people who are turned off by its 2HKO just need to get better at aiming.

and for those wondering, damage up IS worth running on a bamboozler. the full charge to uncharged combo gets rekt by anyone wearing more than one defense up. and wearing more than damage up on your gear will raise your uncharged shots from 30 dmg (4hko) to 33.4+ (3HKO). I have 1 main and 2 subs of dmg up and thats good enough for a 3hko.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom