• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Banning Weapons or Maps?

ChivalRuse

Inkster Jr.
You know you can just destroy enemy beacons, right? It even shows them to both teams on the map. If you're really feeling evil, you could also wait by an enemy beacon to kill anyone trying to use it.
This is why you place your beacons at locations that are awkward to encroach for the enemy team, but still not far from where the action is happening.

toadster101

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-0022-0027-5937
I love it when people say "X weapon needs to be banned". From what? The non-existent tournament scene? Is Squidboards going to start banning people who are caught using the Aerospray RG in random matches? Let's be realistic here. Even if the community unanimously agrees (good luck with that) that a certain weapon is overpowered, that isn't going to stop people from using it. The fact that we're already having this discussion is just... baffling.

LancerStaff

Inkling Cadet
And if you don't have a router capable of spoofing HomePass, you will never be able to reach that level. If you need external equipment to cheat the system with, that means the system is broken. That's exactly the sort of unfair playing field I was talking about, exactly what I don't want Splatoon to become.
Pretty sure it works on any router you can rename. You literally just rename it "Best Buy 7654" or something and your 3DS picks it up. Actually, I've never seen a case where it wouldn't work outside of incompetence. And even then, everybody has a 3DS. Borrow a friend's, buy a used one, upgrade and keep your old one... It's just not a big deal in the KIU community, especially when there's the default fusion to use. Many of our best use it instead because you don't need to grind for hearts or wait six hours for another Streetpass.

My point is that it's inherently uncompetitive to ignore parts of the game, intended or not. More often then not you're removing depth and arbitrarily altering the balance without a significant advantage. For example, Ink Resistance. Splattershots cover the shootie's feet when shot. Other Splattershots can return fire, and Rollers keep on rollin'. Chargers? They turn over and die. But with Ink Resistance they can escape. It's huge for all three classes, but Chargers benefit the most. It's evident that the game is balanced around these skills, and when optimal gear starts appearing players just steal it from each other. Starting from a new file, you only need to get to level four to start ordering equipment, and there's a one-in-four chance of getting the equipment copied over exactly. That costs 50,000 to buy, which could be a pain, but assuming you don't buy anything else you could get that much in a day of playing. Bad RNG from Spyke could make it take three weeks at most, and even then you're probably not going to be at a decent competitive level at that point. It, like many other parts of the game, is designed to be a community effort.

Krozo

Full Squid
NNID
KrozoMagnus
I love it when people say "X weapon needs to be banned". From what? The non-existent tournament scene? Is Squidboards going to start banning people who are caught using the Aerospray RG in random matches? Let's be realistic here. Even if the community unanimously agrees (good luck with that) that a certain weapon is overpowered, that isn't going to stop people from using it. The fact that we're already having this discussion is just... baffling.
Seriously. People are talking like there are tournaments going on right now. Just play the game people! Love the game! Once we even get to tournaments, there will be at least a year period where some of the stuff we talk about now will still be out of the question. Banning won't be for a long while in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom