• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Be an Artist: Inkbrush Stage Guide and Tips

Weapons Be an Artist: Inkbrush Stage Guide and Tips

zeph-the-blue

Inkling
NNID
runnymede
zeph-the-blue submitted a new guide:

Be an Artist: Inkbrush Stage Guide and Tips - Learning how and where to use the inkbrush is essential if you want to learn this weapon.

INTRODUCTION

Hi, I’m Zeph the Blue, and I’m currently an S rank brusher player. I decided to make this guide to help fellow brushers out with the current meta of shooters. In the right hands, a brush can be a deadly weapon of mass inkage.

The inkbrush is a very interesting weapon. Although it falls under the roller category, it plays unlike any other weapon in the game. This brush was designed to paint over large areas with ease, as well as...
Read more about this guide...

Lrdalucard

Inkling
NNID
AlucardTepes_DE
Hum I agree with almost everything, but you shouldnt just dismiss the potential of the 2nd brush that has a bubble has main defence ability. Yeah its not ideal to multykill, but doesn't mean it sucks, u know?
That brush is.more of a tactical play nature, assuming you will know the paths and predict ur enemys.movmments and lay mines and keep pressure like u said in the 1st map skate park, leave a mine in the top and flick from.above is far more usefull then charging inkstrike cause when u do so u will.stop swinging ink, and thats when u will likely be killed and the bubble can save u from it and Still allow u to keepp unleashing ink when you shouldn't even be able to(During a Inkstrike 4exmp) also wih this brush u can effectivly fight Kraken users!!!!
There lots of maps where i find her more usefull then others, like that port makarel where u said we "suck" there, but actually we can turn ties easly with a well placed mine or make a swift ambush jutst arround thr conner by sprinting ZR and get behindthem without trouble. But overall, its a nice build.

zeph-the-blue

Inkling
NNID
runnymede
after practicing the nouveau for a while now and with a more coordinated team, I have to agree with you. it's definitely much harder to pull off in solo ranked, but it can be a powerful tool in squads.

Lrdalucard

Inkling
NNID
AlucardTepes_DE
I got some r@0
after practicing the nouveau for a while now and with a more coordinated team, I have to agree with you. it's definitely much harder to pull off in solo ranked, but it can be a powerful tool in squads.
I Got some r@p3s against squads who used it on the worst timming possible(for us xD) and it can rly make. A difference.

Just curious: Any thoughts on the octobrush?
From my experience, is almost the same, but u will have to strugle more with its ink consumption, although the dmg pays off, but ur subweapons will be mainly use for ur benefit and not for ur teams benefit. (even beckons arent that usefull, cause i notice only 2-3 jumps to them during the entire match and in total after almost 5matchs) but its still a nice brush for pressure tactics and stealth.(since u lack the maximum wide ink spread and speed.)

But if u are that guy that wanna be the bait, That Kills, its one of the best options.

Thats wht I thought of it after use it in b+ rankeds matchs.

Last edited by a moderator:

zeph-the-blue

Inkling
NNID
runnymede
Just curious: Any thoughts on the octobrush?
octobrush is overall better when it comes to playing solo since it can be played effectively in other modes. it's essentially a slightly weaker krak-on splat roller with a few key advantages:
  • it's overall more mobile when in kid form and can infiltrate enemy turf relatively safe.
  • it has a much wider arc in its flicks, allowing you to get multiple targets that the roller would be unable to catch.
  • it has fast strokes, allowing you to not get punished as easily if you miss one.
that being said, this weapon is much more focused on playing the assassin or infiltrator role. it can be used for spreading turf like the inkbrush, but due to its speed and the way the ink is sprayed, it will not do as good of a job.

I've actually been planning on making an octobrush guide as well, or adding an octobrush section to this guide, though I feel the former might be a better option, especially with the nouveau counterpart coming soon.

Achamo

Inkling Commander
NNID
KupoSuppi
Run speed ability actually affects the "running while brushing" speed!?
I was never sure of this, and I remember a discussion with a few people saying it does not.

Which was why I never really did any test and took their words for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom