Best Abilities For A Charger?

KokillueRus

get MEMED on squiddo
NNID
DusKoki
Okay, I have chosen:
Jungle Hat: Ink saver Main as it's main (what?), damage up, other two are blank so far.
Dark Urban Vest: Cold Blooded as Main, Ink saver sub, Special Saver, and Bomb Range Up.
Red Sea Slugs (Temporary fix unless you guys {and gals} are okay with it) : Special Saver, Swim Speed up ,and 2 Ink Recovery Ups.
Jungle Hat is looking good so far! Level up the abilities in the meantime.
Dark Urban Vest is alright too, but Bomb Range Up won't affect how far you throw the Sprinkler, sadly. If you're unhappy with this, then feel free to reroll the abilities. If you can get both Ink Saver Sub and Main on it, I think that would be great?
Red Sea Slugs are looking great too! I would keep them, but again, it's your choice!

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
Dark Urban Vest is alright too, but Bomb Range Up won't affect how far you throw the Sprinkler, sadly. If you're unhappy with this, then feel free to reroll the abilities. If you can get both Ink Saver Sub and Main on it, I think that would be great?
I just rerolled Dark Urban Vest and got quick Super Jump, Ink Saver Main And Sub. Thanks Again!

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
Is Quick Super Jump worth it? I always prefer Quick Respawn to QSJ, as it's the more versatile one of the two. Occasions where it's worth to super jump during combat are very rare.

Cullen

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
CullenDaGaDee
Switch Friend Code
SW-0399-9657-5873
Quick Super Jump has good synergy with the E-liter custom, as you can plop a squid beacon in a good place, and then replace it when you complete your jump. Otherwise, unless you're working with another charger, (Which would require friend coordination) probably not. Comeback or Swim Speed up would probably be more helpful.

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
Quick Super Jump has good synergy with the E-liter custom, as you can plop a squid beacon in a good place, and then replace it when you complete your jump. Otherwise, unless you're working with another charger, (Which would require friend coordination) probably not. Comeback or Swim Speed up would probably be more helpful.
I dunno if comeback is worth it, because most of the time, getting to my snipe spot takes more than 30 seconds, but if it worked for you, I guess I'll try it out.

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
Is Quick Super Jump worth it? I always prefer Quick Respawn to QSJ, as it's the more versatile one of the two. Occasions where it's worth to super jump during combat are very rare.
Plus, I could always reroll. But I'd rather not because why sacrifice 2 good skills for 1 good skill. I dunno, just doesn't seem worth it to me.

Cullen

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
CullenDaGaDee
Switch Friend Code
SW-0399-9657-5873
I dunno if comeback is worth it, because most of the time, getting to my snipe spot takes more than 30 seconds, but if it worked for you, I guess I'll try it out.
The reason I recommended Comeback is because it boosts run and swim speed, so it can help you get back to your perch. While you might not get a chance to use the ink benefits, the speed definitely helps, especially if you are apprehensive about super jumping.

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
The reason I recommended Comeback is because it boosts run and swim speed, so it can help you get back to your perch. While you might not get a chance to use the ink benefits, the speed definitely helps, especially if you are apprehensive about super jumping.
Oh, thanks, thought it only helped ink. XD

KokillueRus

get MEMED on squiddo
NNID
DusKoki
Comeback might be the better choice, tbh. Here's a list of all the things it boosts according to the wiki.
Boosts many abilities for 20 sec after respawning:

+20% Main ink efficiency

+20% Ink Recharge Rate

+20% Run speed boost

+20% Squid speed boost

+10% Secondary ink efficiency

+16.66% or 1 second Quick jump boost

+10% Special Recharge Rate (maybe)

Suspected damage boost and defense boost, but cannot be determined since the ability cannot be engaged in the firing range.
And I agree with Cullen. Quick Super Jump works better with the Custom E-Liter. However if you spawn to a teammate, it might be risky jumping to them, especially if they're in the heat of battle. Chargers don't do well in short ranged situations. In which case, Quick Respawn as opposed to QSJ might be better, but it all comes down to what you prefer more.

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
Ok, just took my set into a match, lost badly. Gonna try to get Quick Respawn. XD Also, any tips for dealing with enemies short range? They're so annoying!!!

KokillueRus

get MEMED on squiddo
NNID
DusKoki
Yeah, I have a few tips! If someone gets uncomfortably close to you, you have three options. One, you can try and get close yourself and spam the trigger button for quick damage. This usually results in you getting KO'd along with them, though. xD
Two, back off and try to get more distance between you two. If you do this, you can regain the upper hand and splat them from a distance.
Three, just run away. There's no shame in that. :x This is where Swim Speed Up comes in handy for you to make a quick getaway. You can even super jump away.

Grimlai

Senior Squid
NNID
SVC_Grimlai
Personally, I have Cold Blooded, 3 Ink Saver Main main abilities, 1 Ink Saver Sub main ability, 2 Quickened Super Jump sub abilities, and 1 Swim Speed Up sub ability. Good for remaining hidden and sniping for a while.

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
Yeah,, I just tried a tactic of super jumping to the checkpoint when someone gets close so I don't have to die and I either reposition or go back and kill them. It's working.

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
I'm starting to like the default splatter scope., however, I really hate splatzones on blackbelly skatepark. No good snipe spots...

KokillueRus

get MEMED on squiddo
NNID
DusKoki

Hmm, the red squares are usually where I stand during Splat zones. That way you can hit anyone who tried to get near that one zone right near you, or anyone that's ontop of the middle pillar. The blue squares are usually where I throw a sprinkler. Only problem is that you can't reach the other zone from where you are, but at least you can defend one zone.

If you feel that it's safe, you can go on top of the pillar and get a good view of everything around you.

Grimlai

Senior Squid
NNID
SVC_Grimlai

Hmm, the red squares are usually where I stand during Splat zones. That way you can hit anyone who tried to get near that one zone right near you, or anyone that's ontop of the middle pillar. The blue squares are usually where I throw a sprinkler. Only problem is that you can't reach the other zone from where you are, but at least you can defend one zone.

If you feel that it's safe, you can go on top of the pillar and get a good view of everything around you.
Blackbellyskateparkmap.png

Here's a more in depth image of good sniping spots with the same code as before. I may make a guide on places to snipe; that may be tomorrow's project.

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
I never considered Comeback as such a vital ability, but the 20% swim speed increase can help a lot if you tend to not superjump after respawning. I might look into that again.

Grimlai

Senior Squid
NNID
SVC_Grimlai
Oh, and for those who are participating in the Comeback war, here's a video on what Comeback does for ya.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom