• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Booyah Battle 3

Kiver

Full Squid
NNID
KiverZ
At what time will the tournament begin for each day ?
At 3 PM EST / 7 PM GMT (9 PM french time)

And how long will we have to play roughly ?
Mostly, such tournaments last until 7 PM EST / 11 PM GMT (1 AM french time) if all the matches are played quickly. But it also could end more early as more late...

Static

Inkling Cadet
NNID
kevinjamesfan65
Day 1: Round Robin Groups

Bo3 | Top 2 Advance
Really think it should still be Bo5. Don't think the little amount of time Bo3 is going to save is worth chancing a poorly seeded team to not cut group stages due to the attempt to save time and have a speedy tournament. It would be a shame to see any single team get screwed over by a Bo3. I feel like most teams if they had a choice they would prefer to do Bo7 for every set. Aside from that, the great thing about group stages is that it gives new teams and lower seeded teams the chance to play more rounds/sets to practice in a competitive scene, and changing from Bo5 to Bo3 is kind of only limiting and slowing down the community in the long run! Growing the community > saving a small amount of time! It is extremely important for our community to give their opinions on these matters, as silence is consent. So voice your opinions please!!!

Last edited:

Static

Inkling Cadet
NNID
kevinjamesfan65
Really think it should still be Bo5. Don't think the little amount of time Bo3 is going to save is worth chancing a poorly seeded team to not cut group stages due to the attempt to save time and have a speedy tournament.
Growing the community > saving a small amount of time! It is extremely important for our community to give their opinions on these matters, as silence is consent. So voice your opinions please!!!
Added to what I said earlier, Bo3 sets puts way too much pressure on the first game of any series. Also all it takes is only two wins to take the set/series, once a team loses the first game of any set the likely hood of them going on tilt due to one bad game is only increased by the pressure of the next game (going on tilt) holding the chances of them moving to a final game in a set. In other words which ever team wins the first game of any set is way more then likely to win the following and just take the set not accounting for random RM looses). Consistency in brackets is FAR GREATER than saving a little bit of time!

Nanerz

Inkster Jr.
NNID
TheeTheNanerz
Is it possible to get wait listed for this since registration filled?

Nanerz

Inkster Jr.
NNID
TheeTheNanerz
Oh? The challonge bracket wasnt letting me sign up

Captain Norris

Inkling Commander
Sorry if this inappropriate, but TSS signed up. I as well as @Squidalicious are co-running the squad, and since there was only a single slot for captains, We decided to put it in his name since I will not be available to participate. I feel like I was going to say something else that was more important, but I forgot...
Well anyway, good luck to all!

Triforce

Inkster Jr.
NNID
triforcemx1
How we contact other teams and how we report results?

BestTeaMaker

Pro Squid
NNID
BestTeaMaker
It will all be done on the discord channel. I'll be sending a link to it through challonge once signups are finished.

Static

Inkling Cadet
NNID
kevinjamesfan65
If you're new to discord and have questions about setting it up feel free to pm me and I'll gladly help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom