• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Brella builds?

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
posted it wrong...

this is my main for everything.
i run
mains:
mainsaver
sub up
special up
minors:
bomb def (1)
run spd (2)
special up (2)
main saver (2)
sub up (2)
sprinkler loses max effectiveness after 20 seconds. move it often
I do alot of flutter shielding so main saver is life.
and special power up because as of current patch ink storm is weak as woomy.

keep a fresh (20 sec or less sprinkler spinning at all times is free charge up

also to take a zone i combo when close to special
brella release
ink storm(free ink refill ;D)
sprinkler throw
At that point i got about 2 sec til my canopy is backup so back into the fight!
You post is confusing to read. However, you can use this website to show you gear!

https://loadout.ink/en-us/#0000000000000000000000000

thundasi

Senior Squid
posted it wrong...

this is my main for everything.
i run
mains:
mainsaver
sub up
special up
minors:
bomb def (1)
run spd (2)
special up (2)
main saver (2)
sub up (2)
sprinkler loses max effectiveness after 20 seconds. move it often
I do alot of flutter shielding so main saver is life.
and special power up because as of current patch ink storm is weak as woomy.

keep a fresh (20 sec or less sprinkler spinning at all times is free charge up

also to take a zone i combo when close to special
brella release
ink storm(free ink refill ;D)
sprinkler throw
At that point i got about 2 sec til my canopy is backup so back into the fight!
This was my first post and I wanted to dig a little deeper since my build is basically opposite of everyone.

My Build: https://loadout.ink/#05011271088160b82d00685cd
SUB POWER UP 1Main, 2 Sub

The life of a sprinkler is roughly 20 sec and 15 sec if not placed high for max coverage.
after that you are getting no charge up from it as it is painting friendly ink which gives RNG type Charge up.
Place a Sprinkler everytime you rez in a barren unpainted area and by the time you swim to the fight your ink is full and you are at half a special charge.
SUB POWER UP not only increases paint spread speed but diameter of spread.

SPECIAL POWER UP 1 Main, 2 Sub
As of current patch Ink storm sucks.
they reduced the density of the coverage by 20% and so i like buffing it up adds almost a second to its run time at 8.92 secs from a 8 sec base value. It makes the storm have a bigger overall diameter. i cant tell but it appears in personal testing to be more dense but nothing conclusive.
I average 6-8 storms per mode with this gear set.

INK SAVER MAIN 1 Main, 2 Sub
this is is a suspect thing as the reduction is only 1% overall. makes me feel like i got more so that how i roll!
It's more the feel of the weapon for me i almost never throw off my brella, but fan(2sec hold) it often as so many just start to walk off when you hold it and think to walk around it when it pops off. It feels like most brella fights are first to run out and i always feel i got that little extra when I need it most.

Bomb Def/ 1Sub

Maybe I hold a shield for an extra second since the basic combo for most I play are bomb/ attack playstyle i can soak a bomb with the shield. Just feels a bit more durable to me and fits with my often canopy use.

Other Sets: i sub object shredder for rainmaker with my MAIN SAVER but i have read nothing about object shredder effecting inkstorm so i will give it a better look in the future.

Squidstyle/TIPS:
-I put down a new Sprinkler every 20-30 sec , always squid and move after every SUB throw so refill isn't an issue ever as i drop most sprinklers on the edges so i have to swim back to combat.
-I prioritize sprinkler placement to the effect that I get max up time of coverage.
-Place them on WALLS FACING ME so they have to fight me with it at their back or turn their back to me to kill it.
-Attacking with a BRELLA is a setup and defend type weapon so i don't think throwing a sprinkler at initial contact is wise.
- Find a friend to shadow and shield for but stay out of team clusters.
when i drop specials I detach a brella/ Stormand then sprinkler all at teh same time as its usually to much to deal with at the time.

i have been watching vids for a while and a good brella seems hard to come by but i consistently see people with piss poor sprinkler placement. (PPSP)

I have 500k inked between my Splat/Hero brella
785+hours played
A rank overall

Cysthen

Inkling
NNID
Cysthen
Here's my Brella Build
Ink Resistance Up Main
Ink Resistance Up Sub x3

Bomb Defense Up Main
Bomb Defense Up Sub x3

Ink Resistance Up Main
Bomb Defense Up Sub x3

I'm obnoxious and annoying to kill. Figured roll a Brella why not go all the way and just be tanky.

InklingJoe

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5084-9470-8912
The ideal I'm working on is:

Ink Resistance Main, Ink Resist Sub*3

Special Power Up Main, Special Power Up Sub*3

Bomb Defense Main, Swim Speed Sub*3

Why?

I usually toss a sprinkler in an area I intend to retreat to, fill ink and charge forward. I try to draw attention or land a splat then duck out, refill ink and repeat.

Bomb Defense Main feels like it's helped me avoid a splat from some well place bursts and bombs, and swim speed helps me get out ahead of anyone blowing a special I can't counter.

Ink Resistance keeps me mobile, since my aim is to draw fire.

I agree with thundasi on the Ink Storm. Maybe it's nerfed, but I have a lot of success when I support a teammates push with ink storm + shielding them. I like having the added time, as it's an extra second where an enemy may be mobility hampered, while my shield is up.

thundasi

Senior Squid
Ink Resistance keeps me mobile, since my aim is to draw fire.
Brellas ground paint amazingly well when your canopy is open, IMO run speed helps faster strafing with it open. bomb up is great as well brellas need alot of ink due to brella drain so i have switched to ink recovery and mainsaver. also to update i use object shred for the beef to ink storm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom