• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Brella Thoughts.

IHaveAToaster

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4526-2274-0616
I'm actually a bit disappointed with it. The poor fire rate plus the brella itself taking too long to open up makes me feel vulnerable in situations were other weapon types wouldn't. It has good potential for a support weapon as others have said, but I feel like other weapons outclass it right now.

I'll give it credit for one thing though: Not only is it fun, it makes me want to use the Sprinkler (which I hate on most weapons).

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
I think it'll have potential in teams, where the players practice shielding each other. A Ttek behind a brella is seriously deadly. But by itself, its range and speed are just too lacking to be a credible threat most of the time. It is good at inking though; I usually saw a Brella in first place, behind only Aerosprays, N-Zaps, and sometimes Tteks most of the time.

Holidaze

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
dyngledong
Ive been waiting to post on this thread as I was just doing testing with the brella in ranked and all that. While the Brella is severely underwhelming, I find it to be most useful as a sleeper, one that takes up action as enemies close in on the team trying to flank.

What this does is let me get free shots on people trying to flank my team usually resulting in a splat for me, or allows my team to figure out that there's someone sniffing their butt, and retaliate while I cover up their tracks.

And for certain ranked modes, for example rainmaker, cause thats the only mode I'm on for, for some odd reason, Brella becomes that much more helpful, as I swim ahead of the group to block incoming fire, giving my team space to move and shoot.

By itself the weapon is basically any true support from any moba. (Not any of these damage "supports" go back to mid ya fudgepackers.) Where you're not allowed to carry a game unless you are mechanically better than the entire enemy team, and a majority of your team.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I like the weapon itself but am not a huge fan of it's kit, even though it makes perfect sense thematically. I feel the Brella could use a bit of a lift in terms of it's offense, but neither the Sprinkler or the Ink Storm do much for it there. The Sorella Brella though, can't wait for that one! I'll still use the vanilla in the meantime of course.

Reactions: the

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom