• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Callie and Marie!

Shirma Akayaku

Pro Squid
NNID
Toadette75
So... has anybody seen the full version of The Squid Sister song? Because I did recently. I know someone previously mentioned it, but they never posted the video, so here you go.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
So... has anybody seen the full version of The Squid Sister song? Because I did recently. I know someone previously mentioned it, but they never posted the video, so here you go.
Yeah, when I heard about a "full version," I checked the japanese direct to watch it. Pretty cute. :3

LancerStaff

Inkling Cadet
Callie is kinda boring IMO... She's not all J-pop and bubblegummy like I thought she would, but she's kinda just your average teenager.

Marie is pretty funny though. She always looks bored all the time and whenever she says something it's pretty snarky.

Tadashi

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Dragoon29
Callie is my favorite of the two. She's more upbeat and energetic than Marie. Just look at this official render.

Also, her fun-loving personality shines in the music video for her solo number, Bomb Rush Blush. See for yourself!

By the way, despite being referred to as the Squid Sisters, they're actually cousins.

Last edited:

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I feel Callie is super underrated, she is very nice compared to Marie.

SyMag

SOLDIER 1st Class
NNID
PKThunda
I don't know if saying Marie is mean is necessarily true...she's certainly got more sass, but she's shown kindness.

That being said, I like Marie more personally, though Callie has grown much more on me as of late (not that I ever disliked her to begin with!)

SyMag

SOLDIER 1st Class
NNID
PKThunda
really now?
putting aside splatfest results, i actually feel its the opposite
unless i just seem to attract callie fans lol
Opposite in regards to the Callie being underrated part or the being nicer than Marie part?

How many Splatfests did Callie win in a row? A lot. Most of the newbies/noobies were on Marie's team. It got so bad I joined Team Callie for a few fests because I knew I'd lose otherwise. I feel like that was the reason a lot of the better players (at least in the beginning) chose Callie; they had established that dominance and were determined to keep the status quo intact. So in that sense, if that really was the only reason behind the numbers, and not because those who did choose Callie did so purely because they liked her team (or better yet, her), then I can understand why TBY said Callie is underrated, despite Marie's dominance later on.

Meta Knightmare

Full Squid
NNID
spacephage
Yeah, I mean i thought marie was the most underrated one (everywhere I found fanart it was mostly of callie or something negative towards marie and fans often talking about "i chose this for callie cause i like her more" ect)
i mean i like both, but i chose the teams for what i liked in the splatfests i participated in honestly
then there was also how i heard they kept giving Marie the more popular-with-the-kids choice hence why new players and probably younger ones went with her and she had so many losses, though that also ties in with the thing about people choosing callies side for callie and not necessarily the team for the 'fest.

SyMag

SOLDIER 1st Class
NNID
PKThunda
there was also how i heard they kept giving Marie the more popular-with-the-kids choice hence why new players and probably younger ones went with her and she had so many losses
Okay I'm not the only one who noticed that either! I mean I think the overall Splatfest results were fairly close (I think Callie won 9, Marie 7), so in the end things are still very close, but it certainly didn't feel that way. In fact it was around the time of the Snowman/Sandcastle Fest that Marie started making a comeback; had that not happened, I'm certain that those Splatfest results up there would favor Callie much more.

⭐️Zapfish⭐️

Inkling Cadet
NNID
meggiemooshoo
Idk I like them both owo

Picking Marie was very hard for me this final splatfest

(Yay, it was the only splatfest ever that I got up to Queen XD)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom