• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Can someone tell me about that thread spammer that keeps showing up?

Dewnose

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1493-3741-2812
Every so often, when I look for new posts, the forums are clogged up by someone who keeps on posting in every forum in another language. Is anyone looking into this?

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Yep, bots keep spamming advertisements here and the admins either can't or won't implement a solution beyond making the mods manually delete their accounts.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
Indeed as Cephalobro stated, those are spam bots. Our staff is aware of the issue and we manually remove the spam and said users ourselves. We have been looking into the issue and will have a resolve for it at some point.

TheRapture

Dystopian Future Paint Desperado
Admin
NNID
Ya_Boi_Rapture
Yep, bots keep spamming advertisements here and the admins either can't or won't implement a solution beyond making the mods manually delete their accounts.
The solution was implemented, but then users complained about increased security and hoops to go through to post and be validated as not a spam bot. We're trying to find a balance that accommodates everyone.

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet
Are there certain hours when Ad bots are most active? I usually notice their threads popping up at around 10-11 p.m. EDT.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
I myself have noticed it being mostly late night and early morning hours, but they can pop up in the middle of the day as well. It seems to vary on a day by day basis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom