• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Cant Customize Loadout - gameXplain

IkkaRatto

Inkster Jr.
NNID
hunterx24
This has greatly affected me :( you have to buy them in sets rip feelings...

RotomGuy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RotomGuy
Wasn't this confirmed a while ago? I just hope the Jet Squelcher comes with a Seeker. Dream duo, right there.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
Well, the loadout is not a traditional loadout. Your loadout is basicly the weapon set, and your clothes. So, yes, I can see why people are sad about not being able to get their ideal weapon loadout, but you still have some room to customize with stuff.

Jiggly

Senior Squid
NNID
Jiggly101
This has broken my heart in many ways. :(

So are all the sets pre confirmed? Or is it possible to get every combination, they are just at the store at random times?

RespawningJesus

Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus

So are all the sets pre confirmed? Or is it possible to get every combination, they are just at the store at random times?
Yes, all sets are pre-confirmed. It should be possible to get every set, but they most likely appear at random times, due to the nature of the shops, so check daily.

Note: A lot of this are my assumptions on how it will work. The only thing I know is that there are different sets for each weapon, and that they are preset.

baronfel

Inkster Jr.
NNID
baronfel

Most likely not all combos are available. As others have said for balances sake. It is much easier to balance a weapon if you know what it can and can't have.

Edit: beaten to it.

RotomGuy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RotomGuy
Yes, all sets are pre-confirmed. It should be possible to get every set, but they most likely appear at random times, due to the nature of the shops, so check daily.

Note: A lot of this are my assumptions on how it will work. The only thing I know is that there are different sets for each weapon, and that they are preset.
Someone showed that Ammo Knights' stock never changes. All sets are always available, you just have to be a certain level to buy some of them.

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone
This limitation is a good thing! It means every weapon will always have its own strengths and weaknesses, and there won't be one loadout that trumps all the rest. It's not something to cry over.

Dirty Duck

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheThirdChild
If we could customise our loadout beyond the different variants already given I do feel it'd give birth to a lot of problems.

In the testfire for instance, if you saw a team of rollers, you'd know to expect Killer Wails and no lethal secondary weapon. If loadouts were completely customisable, you'd have no idea what they'd have. At least with set loadouts we can know what to expect of our opponents, and they won't be "overpowered" because the loadouts have been balanced.

EnderGamma

Senior Squid
NNID
EnderGamma
I don't want to beat the drum, but yes if you just now found out about this I am sorry. But yes this was confirmed that the weapons were put in a preset, you could also see examples in the 5.7.2015 Direct when they visited the weapon shop. However the customization really comes down to the gear you wear with their Abilities.

Basically your consists of your hat/glasses, shirt/top, and shoes. Each one has a main ability that can't be changed but also as you level up the gear they will gain star levels up to 3. You will gain a random Ability per star that can be rerolled through the Spike NPC. And thanks to GameXplain, we now know that abilities stack so fine-tuning your gear I think will be an intricate part of the customization and I'm sure will hit that itch people want.

RespawningJesus

Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
I don't want to beat the drum, but yes if you just now found out about this I am sorry. But yes this was confirmed that the weapons were put in a preset, you could also see examples in the 5.7.2015 Direct when they visited the weapon shop. However the customization really comes down to the gear you wear with their Abilities.

Basically your consists of your hat/glasses, shirt/top, and shoes. Each one has a main ability that can't be changed but also as you level up the gear they will gain star levels up to 3. You will gain a random Ability per star that can be rerolled through the Spike NPC. And thanks to GameXplain, we now know that abilities stack so fine-tuning your gear I think will be an intricate part of the customization and I'm sure will hit that itch people want.
Wait, so 1 star gear can level up to 3 stars? Then what is the point of Spike adding slots then? I thought 1 star gear just stayed like that.

get ROWDY

Inkster Jr.
Wait, so 1 star gear can level up to 3 stars? Then what is the point of Spike adding slots then? I thought 1 star gear just stayed like that.
I think it can go up to four or five? I believe that's the point of Spike adding slots. I thought a video mentioned it maxed out at 5?

also it's better that loadouts are locked, certain secondary and special weapons would never see the light of day if you could just swap them out with something better/preferable

this way you have to work with what you have, and can't change a loadout to suit your needs. That's what equipment is for anyways :]]]

Hi_C

Full Squid
To be honest, as much as it sucks, it's really not a bad thing in my eyes. One, it makes the game a lot more balanced since you know what to expect from each class and it doesn't provide that one "Overpowered" set. That and it gives an incentive to actually choose a class. It's not that huge of an issue since there is still tons of customization in the game.

Citanul

Senior Squid
NNID
outforprophets
I think it can go up to four or five? I believe that's the point of Spike adding slots. I thought a video mentioned it maxed out at 5?

also it's better that loadouts are locked, certain secondary and special weapons would never see the light of day if you could just swap them out with something better/preferable

this way you have to work with what you have, and can't change a loadout to suit your needs. That's what equipment is for anyways :]]]
I believe the star count is for how many additional abilities a piece of gear can have since I think every piece of gear comes with 1 that can't be rerolled. I think a 3 star is the maximum that we've seen so far, which gives every gear slot a total of 4 abilities.

You can level up gear but that's not how it gains stars/slots. Leveling up gear just reveals unrevealed abilities your gear has, but doesn't add any stars or slots. Example: I just bought a 2 star shirt so it comes with 1 ability plus 2 question marks that will get revealed as I play with it. Only spike can add the third slot and only when I have the third slot revealed can he reroll the whole item (except the first ability the gear came with).

Pivi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
HeroPivi
This is 100% a balance measure, I can already see some weapon combos that would be the equivalent to giving the TF2 Scout a Flamethrower and a Sandvich.

It also prevents mass centralizing, where everyone goes "Charger/Ink Wall/Kraken is the best" then every Squad fight has these loadouts forever.

Plus they'e gonna be releasing more sets like, weekly, this isn't a bad thing and encourages you to play around your weaknesses.

Draayder

Inkling Cadet
This is 100% a balance measure, I can already see some weapon combos that would be the equivalent to giving the TF2 Scout a Flamethrower and a Sandvich.

It also prevents mass centralizing, where everyone goes "Charger/Ink Wall/Kraken is the best" then every Squad fight has these loadouts forever.

Plus they'e gonna be releasing more sets like, weekly, this isn't a bad thing and encourages you to play around your weaknesses.
Can confirm from TF2 randomizer servers that weapons that were never intended to be used together can be hilariously OP.

I personally think it adds a little bit more depth in the weapon decision because you might be choosing between a primary you think is the best with an okay sub/super and a primary that is still good with better a better sub/super set.

Bottlecapn

Inkling Commander
NNID
Bottlecapn
Does nobody remember my 'Branded Weapons?' thread?

The only way you can get a set different from the traditional one is by buying a Branded weapon. Like clothing and gear, weapons come in different brands, usually consisting of different visuals and a different set. For example, a Tentatek Splattershot comes with a Suction Bomb and an Inkzooka, rather than the traditional Splattershot's Burst Bomb and Burst Bomb Rush. I'm assuming there'll be many different branded weapons featuring other in-game brands, like SquidForce, or Krak-on. We've seen footage of these other brands already, I cant seem to find it at the moment. I'll post back later if I find it.

Flammie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlammieLL
Pretty much the gear abilities from your gear is what will optimize your combat prowess if i worded it right (English is not my first language).
So the strategy is coming from knowing what combination of weapons is better for what situation, and then adapt the gear abilities toward it.
I think the game is customizible enough to fix any issues with the Main, Sub and Special weapon being not strong or balanced against other sets of weapons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom